Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it me or is Peyton having a hard time getting over last season?

bap1331

You didn't beat them badly last year in fact they were a goal line fumble away from tying or winning that game. This is in Denver. This is not the same Denver Defense. Peyton is till Peyton, he was the MVP last year with the greatest season every by a QB. He will be close to that again this year. You are going to be sobbing in your beer when this one is over.

LOL it was 36 to 17 with 13 minutes left to play. We eased up, got a couple injuries and they took advantage. I don't think anyone would agree with you that we didn't man handle them.

LOL it was 36 to 17 with 13 minutes left to play. We eased up, got a couple injuries and they took advantage. I don't think anyone would agree with you that we didn't man handle them.

The final score was 39-33 and Hilton fumbled going into the end zone for the winning touchdown (and he didn't play much the rest of the year). That was not a beat down, that is escaping with our lives on our home field. Peyton had 386 yards and three touchdowns and you think we will hold him under 300 yards in Denver? That Colts defense will be sucking for air in the fourth quarter.

The final score was 39-33 and Hilton fumbled going into the end zone for the winning touchdown (and he didn't play much the rest of the year). That was not a beat down, that is escaping with our lives on our home field. Peyton had 386 yards and three touchdowns and you think we will hold him under 300 yards in Denver? That Colts defense will be sucking for air in the fourth quarter.

Can't wait to see you eat crow :)

Can't wait to see you eat crow :)

Hey, I am an old man who has been watching the Colts since the middle 50s. I am still gagging on the crow I ate when Namath beat them in the Super Bowl.... I have dined on a lot of it in my life. I'll be glad to do so if I am wrong about that Denver game.

Ha. I have something I would like to call now but it is not allowed. The bigger question might be does he get 300 yards in the first half. We do not have a defense that can handle was they are going to see out there. They also have never played in altitude. That Denver defense is going to get the Colts off the field quickly and they are going to force turnovers that will give Peyton even more possession time. The only way he goes under 300 yards is if they are up 35-0 in the first half and they pound the ball on the ground for the rest of the game.

Ole Blue, your true identity is shining through again

The final score was 39-33 and Hilton fumbled going into the end zone for the winning touchdown (and he didn't play much the rest of the year). That was not a beat down, that is escaping with our lives on our home field. Peyton had 386 yards and three touchdowns and you think we will hold him under 300 yards in Denver? That Colts defense will be sucking for air in the fourth quarter.

You're so modest!!!

I know I will personally be on here the night the Colts trounce the overrated Broncos , and I will be championing your name as the poster who had the guts to call the truth like they see it!

I agree with you though. No way Colts lose this game. The broncos just aren't as good as people make them out to be. Keen wisdom by you in that regard.

Go Colts!

You're so modest!!!

I know I will personally be on here the night the Colts trounce the overrated Broncos , and I will be championing your name as the poster who had the guts to call the truth like they see it!

I agree with you though. No way Colts lose this game. The broncos just aren't as good as people make them out to be. Keen wisdom by you in that regard.

Go Colts!

If I was betting on this game , I would pick Denver, but I was wrong about the Colts game at SF last year, so I think I will abstain.

If I was betting on this game , I would pick Denver, but I was wrong about the Colts game at SF last year, so I think I will abstain.

Hey it's not me. Loneranger is the one who's so confident the Colts are going to roll.

We all know that Manning is a perfectionist so it don't surprise me. He might have wanted more work with Sanders before the season started.

"Why don't you speak for yourself..." as in the courtship of Miles Standish.

We all don't know that, only those in a romantic relationship, real or imaginary, "know" that.

Hey it's not me. Loneranger is the one who's so confident the Colts are going to roll.

It would be great for you guys if that is the result. Even with the Ravens, and if the team is equal or better, I usually go with the home team , as far as if I picked the game.. That being said, the Colts won at SF last year, and best Denver and Seattle, so it's not a stretch that they could win on the road.

"Why don't you speak for yourself..." as in the courtship of Miles Standish.

We all don't know that, only those in a romantic relationship, real or imaginary, "know" that.

What are you talking about? If you didn't know what my comment was saying then why the question that has zero to do with football and or Manning?

It's a long shot, but the Yankees and Orioles still have 8 games left head to head. They still have a shot, but it's getting longer this year. Long term, with 200 million bucks in payroll , the Yankees will always be viable. Unlike other teams, they can eat bad salaries, or add top players when other teams can't. I like the NFL salary cap deal much better than MLB.

Go O's...they are way past due and it's their time right now.  Bump the Yankees...they can choke on Baltimore's exhaust from the rear view. 

On topic...Peyton does seem to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.  As well he should.  He knows that last year was a blown opportunity and that his time is short.  Colts will be the first team and the last team the Broncos face this year.  Book it!

There is nothing funny about that. I expect him to have a huge day against us in the opener. Peyton always has his guys ready and the rest of that coaching staff will have everyone else ready and they have a huge bad taste in their mouth. They will take that out on the Colts big time. I look for Peyton to pass for 400+ and 4 touchdowns +. I look to see Luck set on his back a bunch of times and be under constant pressure. That will result in fumbles and picks. I hope I am wrong but I don't think it will be pretty for the Colts.

And you wonder why people think that you're just a Broncos fan...

And you wonder why people think that you're just a Broncos fan...

No, not at all. I am a Colts fan foremost. I live in Denver so I have become a Broncos fan. I also keep an eye on the Texans because I think they are building a power house team there. What I said about preparation both by Manning and their coaching staff still goes. They will be a very nasty team that day. I will be very surprised if it is not similar to their first game last year.

No, not at all. I am a Colts fan foremost. I live in Denver so I have become a Broncos fan. I also keep an eye on the Texans because I think they are building a power house team there. What I said about preparation both by Manning and their coaching staff still goes. They will be a very nasty team that day. I will be very surprised if it is not similar to their first game last year.

You like 3 teams? No offense, but are you 12?

You like 3 teams? No offense, but are you 12?

I was born and lived in Indiana for a long time and I was a Colt fan before they came to Indy. I have moved to Denver because of work and with Peyton being there it was impossible not to follow them. The Colts are my main thing and while I watch Denver, I do not belong to any board there nor do I look at every little things that happens like I do with the Colts. I merely find the Texans interesting. I didn't think they were nearly as bad as they showed last year. I loved the pick of Clowney to add more QB pressure and relax some of the double teams on Watt. Now they have Mallet who I think will be their starting QB in two or three games. I expect a big turnaround from them and Colts fans who overlook them are going to be in for a rude awakening. What about these things make you think I am a 12 year old? I have kept my more than 50 fandom of the Colts. The others are merely interesting teams to follow when the Colts are not playing.

Posted · Hidden by B-B, September 1, 2014 - Off topic
Hidden by B-B, September 1, 2014 - Off topic

lol

Posted · Hidden by B-B, September 1, 2014 - Off Topic
Hidden by B-B, September 1, 2014 - Off Topic

You're right, I laugh out loud at every single post you make. It's laughable that someone can embarrass themselves on such a consistent basis.

i know, but u never cease to amaze

He wants that second Super Bowl real bad. I don't blame him, and fully understand. The tough thing for the Broncos , I think, was their 2012 team that lost to the Ravens, was probably the best team in the NFL, and would have beaten SF that year. It just didn't work out, and as we know , the best overall team doesn't always win. I think the Broncos were weaker last year, and Seattle was a bad match up. You have to love this guy 's intensity, I know I do. I wish he would have played in Baltimore. Trust me, he is well liked and respected in the Charm City. We know a good quarterback when we see one , as we saw another good one in this city long ago.

You saw two, the second one was drafted to follow the first sure fire HOF QB.  Bert Jones was incredible, and the Colts fortunes rose and fell with Jones. Ernie Acorsi has mentioned that under different circumstances, Jones could have been the best ever.

Now Peyton is nearing that territory, and Andrew Luck immediately followed in his shoes. The second time the Colts franchise was blessed with a HOF caliber QB to follow a certain HOF QB.  I just hope Grigs and Pagano get the -situation (ahem... O-line) squared away soon. Luck hasn't been sacked 12 times in a game like Jones endured, but hes been sacked and hit a lot.  Does he still hold the record, or has someone like David Carr overtaken him?

The Colts, as a franchise, and Baltimore and Indianapolis, as the franchise host cities, have been blessed to have Had Unitas/Jones and then Manning/Luck as elite QB's at the helm. 

Hes literally played til half time in preseason every game, maybe alittle more. I dont think he ever really went past the first or second drive any other year before passing it to the backup. He played the preseason against the Hawks like it was the Super Bowl. I just hope he doesnt take it out on the Colts in Week 1. lol.

It's ALWAYS you ;)

You saw two, the second one was drafted to follow the first sure fire HOF QB. Bert Jones was incredible, and the Colts fortunes rose and fell with Jones. Ernie Acorsi has mentioned that under different circumstances, Jones could have been the best ever.

Now Peyton is nearing that territory, and Andrew Luck immediately followed in his shoes. The second time the Colts franchise was blessed with a HOF caliber QB to follow a certain HOF QB. I just hope Grigs and Pagano get the -situation (ahem... O-line) squared away soon. Luck hasn't been sacked 12 times in a game like Jones endured, but hes been sacked and hit a lot. Does he still hold the record, or has someone like David Carr overtaken him?

The Colts, as a franchise, and Baltimore and Indianapolis, as the franchise host cities, have been blessed to have Had Unitas/Jones and then Manning/Luck as elite QB's at the helm.

Yes, I stand corrected, you are right about Bert Jones. He wasn't up to Unitas/ Manning standards, but he was incredibly talented. Injuries cut short a brilliant career. If you were looking for the next one, franchise wise, it should have been Elway. Irsay should have made that bum play four years of A ball in the Yankees system, instead of giving that spoiled brat and his dad, their way.

Not sure if Peyton is having a hard time getting over last season, as the OP states, but it appears plenty of "others" are.... haha

Thank God this new Season is nearly upon us. Are we all READY for some football...?? :huthut::td:

If Peyton is like Jerry West of the Lakers, who

lost many Championship games to the Celtics, he will never get over those losses. I think he is like West, who took all of those losses to heart. That is another reason I like both of these guys , they just keep grinding to win no matter the adversity.

The ironic thing about both, is that Boston teams stood in their way in their quest to get more Championships. West got more as a GM with the Lakers, and Peyton is far from finished. The journey continues.

If anything, Manning and the Broncos are probably chomping at the bit to get the stink of the Super Bowl off them. Week one is going to be a tough draw for Indy. I think the Colts can give them a good game but it's not an ideal time to have to play them.