Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Emmanuel Sanders is so much better than Eric Decker

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you guys were noticing, notice when Reggie caught a ball in the middle how quickly he went down when he saw the safety coming. Are we going to blame Luck for possibly putting Reggie in harm's way there? It is just the nature of the beast in the middle, catching balls in the slot.

Now we know why Reggie has played so long.

I heard Herm Edwards say that Welker is so good because he runs crisp routes and makes his body available to be thrown to which makes him open even when he's covered. Whether you think Herm is crazy or not that description seems like the ideal player for manning to play with.

Makes me wonder how much sanders plays when Welker comes back.

I heard Herm Edwards say that Welker is so good because he runs crisp routes and makes his body available to be thrown to which makes him open even when he's covered. Whether you think Herm is crazy or not that description seems like the ideal player for manning to play with.

Makes me wonder how much sanders plays when Welker comes back.

Sanders will play in three wr sets. If they play 2 wr then it will be Welker

I don't think so. They used 2 WR sets last year with DT and Decker and Welker played cameo roles when they had multiple TEs for run blocking. It will be DT and Sanders if it is 2 WRs.

In case you guys were noticing, notice when Reggie caught a ball in the middle how quickly he went down when he saw the safety coming. Are we going to blame Luck for possibly putting Reggie in harm's way there? It is just the nature of the beast in the middle, catching balls in the slot.

Now we know why Reggie has played so long.

Of course he got down and also made sure he didn't reach for any balls behind him causing another ACL tear. ;)

Of course he got down and also made sure he didn't reach for any balls behind him causing another ACL tear. ;)

You know, it did scare me when Wayne went down on the turf with his knee in an awkward position to a ball thrown slightly behind him. Good thing it wasn't serious :)

Anyone else remember seeing that?

Sanders night was nothing out of the ordinary than what Decker did routinely except Decker also scored TDs.

Except Sanders did it so much faster that he is SO much better than Decker. /sarcasm

Peyton will miss that big body of Decker's in the end zone but yes, between the 20s, Sanders will provide Peyton with more speed.

Watching Sanders last night...he was explosive and pretty dependable...and most important he got open. I think he gets more playing time and they use Welker reasonably. They dont want to over expose the guy to the risk of more injuries. He is important but he doesn't need to be out there for every snap. They had some bad drops last night...actually more from DT but Caldwell didn't play well imo. Bad drop and he ran a horrible route there on that last 3rd down. I look for Welker in 3 wr sets...and eventually for them to work the rookie in some too. They were smart to go 2 TE sets to give Peyton more protection and work against our LBs.

Except Sanders did it so much faster that he is SO much better than Decker. /sarcasm

Peyton will miss that big body of Decker's in the end zone but yes, between the 20s, Sanders will provide Peyton with more speed.

I agree the red zone will be where it affects them most. Sanders does a good job getting uncovered even against press coverage. That said they have great options in the red zone with Thomas bros and I look for Lattimer to get more involved with time. Actually Welker was a big red zone target for them too...so size doesn't prohibit that...its about trust, running crisp routes and beating your man....Sanders will be just fine. Decker was a good reciever...but he wasn't a Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison....imo he was more a Pierre Garcon....good...but replacable. Peyton and that offense should be just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy's been one of the most productive guys on my fantasy team this year. Doesn't have a TD, but still putting up a good amount of catches and yards each week to even that out.

I had him as my "keeper" player from last year (I took him in the 10th round this year). I figured his numbers would look much better with Peyton throwing to him (not a knock on Big Ben, who I think is a good QB in his own rights), and wow have I been right.

Do you really think Decker would do what Sanders did to Seattle today?.

Great game by Sanders but Decker would have scored TDs and the Broncos might have won the game. Decker IS a much better red zone target. That being said, Sanders could have 100 + catches. We will see. His speed is phenomenal. He was not intimidated by the Hawks either.

Great game by Sanders but Decker would have scored TDs and the Broncos might have won the game. Decker IS a much better red zone target. That being said, Sanders could have 100 + catches. We will see. His speed is phenomenal. He was not intimidated by the Hawks either.

Denver hardly went to red zone with Seattle and when they did they scored. One time they got the field goal was a bad throw by Manning to JT.

Not taking any shot at Decker but Sanders is just faster and tougher. He is yet to drop a pass in 3 games and made some clutch ones against Seattle.

• 2 weeks later...

He is playing great but still no TDs. Again, this comparison seems silly. Decker is bigger and a great red zone target. Sanders is a speed guy between the 20's. Both are valuable for different reasons. 

Peyton has different weapons to get TDs. 

You keep talking about red zone, you need to get to red zone first.

Moving the chains making clutch catches and difficult catches without dropping the ball is everything.

Sanders has not dropped a single pass in 4 games and close to 500 yards receiving. Most of them making big time plays.

He is the most consistent and clutch WR for Denver over this 4 game span.

Ignoring this is silly.

Peyton has different weapons to get TDs. 

You keep talking about red zone, you need to get to red zone first.

Moving the chains making clutch catches and difficult catches without dropping the ball is everything.

Sanders has not dropped a single pass in 4 games and close to 500 yards receiving. Most of them making big time plays.

He is the most consistent and clutch WR for Denver over this 4 game span.

Ignoring this is silly.

You are making my point. Sanders is a guy for between the 20's. He helps you get in the red zone. Decker scored double digit TDs in each of his two seasons with Denver. He was a guy Manning would go to in the red zone and he also had the ability to catch the ball and take it to the house as well. Both are great for different reasons. If I had to choose, I would take the guy that scores TDs but that is just me.

In terms of the Denver offense, I would put Julius Thomas ahead of Sanders. He has 7 TDs so far and 20 catches and averaging 11.3 per catch. He has been their most valuable player on O so far.

You are making my point. Sanders is a guy for between the 20's. He helps you get in the red zone. Decker scored double digit TDs in each of his two seasons with Denver. He was a guy Manning would go to in the red zone and he also had the ability to catch the ball and take it to the house as well. Both are great for different reasons. If I had to choose, I would take the guy that scores TDs but that is just me.

In terms of the Denver offense, I would put Julius Thomas ahead of Sanders. He has 7 TDs so far and 20 catches and averaging 11.3 per catch. He has been their most valuable player on O so far.

Thomas has a real chance to get to Moss' 23 TD record if he can keep it up and stay healthy.

No i am not.

Peyton has 12 TDs in 4 games. 48 TDs for 16 games. He doesn't need Decker to score TDs.

But if he doesn't have Sanders to move the chain, there is no TDs, heck there is not even a field goal.

No i am not.

Peyton has 12 TDs in 4 games. 48 TDs for 16 games. He doesn't need Decker to score TDs.

But if he doesn't have Sanders to move the chain, there is no TDs, heck there is not even a field goal.

Right. You need both. Like I said, I would rather have the guy that scores TDs. Manning can move the chains with anyone but he needs red zone targets and he has a couple of gems in both Thomas' like he had with Decker. Sanders has been great but I would not rate him above Julius Thomas right now.

Right. You need both. Like I said, I would rather have the guy that scores TDs. Manning can move the chains with anyone but he needs red zone targets and he has a couple of gems in both Thomas' like he had with Decker. Sanders has been great but I would not rate him above Julius Thomas right now.

Yeah, Sanders is better than Decker between the 20s just like expected due to his speed for separation. But because he does not have a big body to shield defenders and is not a polished route runner (yet), his red zone game is lacking. However, given Peyton's bring up to pace of younger wide outs as evidenced with Garcon, Collie etc. in the past, it is not a stretch to think that Sanders will soon start getting those TDs. Decker was a polished route runner due to which he was drafted before Peyton got there, IMO.

Besides, Cody Latimer is waiting in the wings as well, now that could be scary because that guy's potential has the speed of Sanders and the body control of a Decker in the red zone.  :)

Give credit where it is due, Elway has done a great job of mixing it up with his wide outs and prolonging Peyton's career. Sometimes, it seems like Peyton and Brady just won't go away, much to the chagrin of a few fans.

Not against great defenses like Seattle. We saw that.

Lot of drives this season were sustained and were converted into points due to Sanders.

Sure. I am not sure what you are even debating at this point. I said Sanders has been great as was Decker when he was in Denver and now Julius Thomas. The O is designed for receivers to be featured.

Yeah, Sanders is better than Decker between the 20s just like expected due to his speed for separation. But because he does not have a big body to shield defenders and is not a polished route runner (yet), his red zone game is lacking. However, given Peyton's bring up to pace of younger wide outs as evidenced with Garcon, Collie etc. in the past, it is not a stretch to think that Sanders will soon start getting those TDs. Decker was a polished route runner due to which he was drafted before Peyton got there, IMO.

Besides, Cody Latimer is waiting in the wings as well, now that could be scary because that guy's potential has the speed of Sanders and the body control of a Decker in the red zone.  :)

Give credit where it is due, Elway has done a great job of mixing it up with his wide outs and prolonging Peyton's career. Sometimes, it seems like Peyton and Brady just won't go away, much to the chagrin of a few fans.

Elway has done a fantastic job of loading up Manning with every player he needs to be successful on O. And he ramped up the D as well. I wish Bill had done the same for Brady in his later years but it is never going to happen it looks.

Sure. I am not sure what you are even debating at this point. I said Sanders has been great as was Decker when he was in Denver and now Julius Thomas. The O is designed for receivers to be featured.

Thread is about Sanders and Decker and i have given pointers of why Sanders is better for Denver and why Decker is not being missed.

Elway has done a fantastic job of loading up Manning with every player he needs to be successful on O. And he ramped up the D as well. I wish Bill had done the same for Brady in his later years but it is never going to happen it looks.

Here we go again.

Do you really think Amendola will struggle with Peyton?.