Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IndyStar Writer Stephen Holder throws out a good question

TKnight24

@HolderStephen: And we haven't even broached another intriguing question: who comes off the field when #Colts go 2 WR/2 TE? Answer will likely vary

Catchup to Speed: This comment/question was brought up after the guys over at indystar chimed in on who they thought was the Colt's #1 WR and did an article on it.

Article: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/08/20/comes-colts-receivers-itll-depend-week/14360751/

So now the question is: When the Colt's go 2 TE sets, which of our WR's come out the game?

If it's in the redzone, I'm pulling Hilton out due to Nicks massive hands for a fade route or a slant to box out the CB. And keeping Reggie in because..... Well it's Reggie do I have to say more?

What do you guys think?

:colts:

@HolderStephen: And we haven't even broached another intriguing question: who comes off the field when #Colts go 2 WR/2 TE? Answer will likely vary

Catchup to Speed: This comment/question was brought up after the guys over at indystar chimed in on who they thought was the Colt's #1 WR and did an article on it.

Article: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/08/20/comes-colts-receivers-itll-depend-week/14360751/

So now the question is: When the Colt's go 2 TE sets, which of our WR's come out the game?

If it's in the redzone, I'm pulling Hilton out due to Nicks massive hands for a fade route or a slant to box out the CB. And keeping Reggie in because..... Well it's Reggie do I have to say more?

What do you guys think?

I can see that happening in the red zone but between the 20s, T.Y's ability in space and knowledge of the O should give him the edge

I'm with Pags on No. 1... Who Cares!

Options, options, and more options, There are teams that would love to have our 4th, 5th and 6th options

Plus we got a couple of tight ends that aren't too shabby.

This receiving corps is going to be a defensive coordinators nightmare!

Who's #1... Who the <bleep> cares!

What do you guys think?

when we go 2 TE and 2 WR IMO i believe it will be a mix between TY and Wayne/ TY and Nicks/ Wayne and Nicks given the situation and field position. It's hard to determine who is going to stamped as a legit gaurantee in a set personel as each player has there own unique skill sets that can be needed in a specific game situation. I do agree that Wayne is #1 tho

I'd guess #87 is going to be on a pitch count of sorts for awhile, but generally I agree it will be situational.

Yeah I was thinking kinda like Hines Ward was on his last days with Pitt

I liked when Arian's put Reggie in the slot, hoping Pep does the same this year

Who knows at the end of the day, but I think you always want to keep the formation looking like it's a run so I would always for the most part have my big WRs in like Darick, Moncrief, Reggie and Hakeem Nicks.  With small guys like T.Y. and Griff it kind of tips the hand a little bit that it may be a pass.

Who knows at the end of the day, but I think you always want to keep the formation looking like it's a run so I would always for the most part have my big WRs in like Darick, Moncrief, Reggie and Hakeem Nicks. With small guys like T.Y. and Griff it kind of tips the hand a little bit that it may be a pass.

Hilton can block though. Obviously not as much as the big guys but still

From what I understand from camp coverage, in 2 TE, 2 WR sets, RW and TY are on the field. In 1 TE, 3 WR sets, RW moves to the slot and Nicks and TY are on the outside. Obviously there will be situational differences but it sounded to me like it is pretty clear that TY is on the field in 2 wide, as opposed to last year when it was DHB and RW. 

It will be interesting to see how Moncrief, Rodgers, and Whalen are mixed in if everyone remains healthy. 

Pull Trent out and use 'em all

.If it's in the redzone, I'm pulling Hilton out due to Nicks massive hands for a fade route or a slant to box out the CB. And keeping Reggie in because..... Well it's Reggie do I have to say more?

What do you guys think?