Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Purifoy I eat crow

akcolt

I rode the guy for being a snitch and multiple other issues. His lousy/lazy final year at Florida  but I said if he could help I would eat crow. Here I am with a big bowl of crow.

No guarantee he makes the final 53 would be surprised if we didn't find him a spot but he has shown me enough to step up and say I was wrong about you young man.

I think he showed a lot of raw talent, and I hope that under Vontae and Pagano, that he grows into the player so many people envisioned him being at this time last year. The Colts have already worked miracles on Davis and Darius Butler, lets see if that trend continues.

We're talking about a guy who was a projected 1st round pick this time last year. He has talent, you just have to get it out of him. Our coaching staff probably has something to do with getting the best out of him, and the money that waits for him on the 53 probably doesn't hurt either lol....

Going undrafted might have been a wake up call as well. He probably thought he was all that this time last year, gonna be a first round pick and a millionare. Maybe going undrafted made him realize he has to work a little harder to live up to that potential.

Purifoy was my favorite UDFA. If the kid had his head on straight all of last year in college he would have easily been around a fourth rd draft choice. At one time he was projected a late first early second rounder.

So talent is really not an issue. He's one of those players who just has a nose for the ball but doesn't wow you with great speed or strength. I really hope the kid makes the team he's a great ST player. I feel much better about our cb depth having Purifoy around.

He has a tremendous upside.

Living in the boondocks where I live, I don't get to see the game until I watch the TIVO'd replay from ESPN. I'm far enough out of the Colts' TV market that I can hear the banjo music from my front porch. No Sunday Ticket until Week 1, and I'm too cheap to buy the preseason package.  But from what I heard on the streaming radio call from Bob Lamey I can't wait to watch him. 

Living in the boondocks where I live, I don't get to see the game until I watch the TIVO'd replay from ESPN. I'm far enough out of the Colts' TV market that I can hear the banjo music from my front porch. No Sunday Ticket until Week 1, and I'm too cheap to buy the preseason package.  But from what I heard on the streaming radio call from Bob Lamey I can't wait to watch him. 

Why didn't you just watch the replay on the NFL Network?  The replay was 11pm EST, 10pm CST.  They are going to show it again tommorow as well around 3.  That is if you have DirecTV which it sounds like you have.

His special teams play today is giving us a reason to keep him. 

Yes. I did hold my breath while he was dancing inside the 5 yard line going across the field though. He may not get away with that too often. No risk no reward, I understand that. Maybe being preseason, I guess the risk was worth it for him to go across and break a 30 plus yard return.

Purifoy was my favorite UDFA. If the kid had his head on straight all of last year in college he would have easily been around a fourth rd draft choice. At one time he was projected a late first early second rounder.

So talent is really not an issue. He's one of those players who just has a nose for the ball but doesn't wow you with great speed or strength. I really hope the kid makes the team he's a great ST player. I feel much better about our cb depth having Purifoy around.

He has a tremendous upside.

you know who he reminds me of.... Tyrann matheui ( spell check lol ). They have all the talent in the world but not a great work ethic and some bad decisions.. But let's hope he pans out like tyranny did for the cardinals.

Ill wait the season out and 1 offseason to say anything about Purifoy, I want to see him stay out of trouble in the offseason, As to his coverage ability...Its still preseason, Credit do however through two weeks, He has looked solid on special teams, If Parkey keeps forcing fumbles though he is going to force Mcafee to raise his game up another notch :funny: