Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big trade rumor involving Browns/Texans

Dustin

You think Hoyer is worse than Fitz?

I don't think so since Hoyer takes care of the ball slightly better than Fitzpatrick does, IMO. That will keep the Texans in games better, IMO, and make them a tad more competitive with their running game. However, Hoyer in real game play has been known to make just a limited number of good plays. He will move the chains and get you some valuable points but ultimately, he will thrive in a team with defensive and run game support, he is not capable of carrying the team (might still be an upgrade over Fitz there). Just because he was the best thing at QB for the Browns since they have low standards for a barometer, it does not mean he is their answer. He is a stop gap, no matter where he goes.

Also, this would allow Manziel to sink or swim right away, much to the delight of his fans and naysayers one of whom will be able to say "I told you so". :)

He would actually be in a better position with the Texans because they have not invested in a 1st round QB and there would be less noise in the air about how another QB is looking over his shoulder.

I highly doubt this, but this makes the Rex Grossman acquisition make more sense.  Plus we dont know for sure how much stink AJ is making still.  I sure it wont be a straight up trade, it will be Hoyer plus a 3rd at least and maybe then some.

Agree Johnson is on the wrong side of 30. They have DeAndre Hopkins and I believe 3 and 4 rounder from the 2012 draft waiting for time. It might be a good move to bring in a QB and get a disgruntled player out of town. I am not sure how going to the Browns helps Johnson with wanting to play for a contender.

I also agree Kirk Cousins has more potential long term than Hoyer. The fact that he is coming off an ACL injury would worry me some. I doesn't seem to bother our front office but players coming off injuries worry me whether it is in the draft, FA or trades.

There's no team that would trade a 1st for Andre (a 2 or 3 year rental for a win now team), and only 2 teams IMO who would trade a 2nd round pick. Those teams are the Patriots and Panthers. I could see Belicheck trading a 2nd that he knows will be late as long as Brady stays healthy for 2 to 3 chances to majorly improve making the SB while Peyton and Brady are still playing. It would give Brady a fair chance at a SB win before he retires. The Panthers are a team that is pretty much strong at every position but WR. They could use a true no1 for Cam to replace Steve Smith and someone like an Andre Johnson could groom Kelvin Benjamin in his first couple years to be a true no1 receiver. His value is lowered mostly because of his age and I don't think he'll get traded at all IMO.

This is the worst news for Andre Johnson. That team officially hates his guts if this is true.

They could easily get a few draft picks, possibly a first round pick if they made a deal with an actual SB potential team like Baltimore, New England, New Orleans, Seattle, etc etc

Send him to the Browns though? Sounds to me like they want to punish him for wanting a trade. The Texans are crazy though, which is why I don't find this very hard to believe. They are the team after all that thinks 2 failed Belichek coaches will make success.

And the jury is still out on Hoyer, until he starts 8 games, we really don't know what he's made of. He did play poorly against one of the worst defenses in the league (Minnesota). The only "good" game he had was the Bengals, Weeden played the majority of their 13 point win against Buffalo.