Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Werner

Jiggy

Not a lot of ppl have mentioned how great Werner looked. He looked a lot more like a olb and was a lit quicker. He really forced the qb to throw on the move and consistently was a presence in their backfield.

I am predicting 7 plus sacks this season. Werner works out and is a hoss and Grigs is the genius again

Not a lot of ppl have mentioned how great Werner looked. He looked a lot more like a olb and was a lit quicker. He really forced the qb to throw on the move and consistently was a presence in their backfield.

I am predicting 7 plus sacks this season. Werner works out and is a hoss and Grigs is the genius again

We'll continue to get a good look at him but he does look fast, athletic and strong. I think the sky is the limit for this kid.

Wir werden weiterhin einen guten Blick auf ihn zu bekommen, aber er ist schnell, athletisch und stark aussehen. Ich denke, der Himmel ist die Grenze für dieses Kind

Google

We'll continue to get a good look at him but he does look fast, athletic and strong. I think the sky is the limit for this kid.

Wir werden weiterhin einen guten Blick auf ihn zu bekommen, aber er ist schnell, athletisch und stark aussehen. Ich denke, der Himmel ist die Grenze für dieses Kind

german_2.gif

Wir´werden ihn weiter beobachte können, aber er wirkt, schnell, athletisch und kräftig! Ich denke, nach oben sind für den Jungen keine Grenzen gesetzt!

We were singing his praises in the game thread, and it has continued in quite a few other places. The two players on defense that looked the best in game one was Muamba and Werner. I think Werner will be the most improved player this season by a country mile. I see nothing, but good things in the future. 

Grigson will always get negative criticism from fans... It's really part of him job. So many people wonder why we didint go after Alex Mack or get a well known center. Accuse him of turning a blind eye on the offensive line, even though we drafted a guard and center 3rd and 4th rounder last year, 2nd rounder this year, and sign Gosder Cherilus. Werner, a future star (let's hope), will be our main pass rusher once Mathis is gone (no rush). The Donte Moncrief pick will be Reggie Wayne's future replacement. But yet people expect Grigson to win now. And risk losing one of our key guys from the 2012 draft.

Grigson has a lot on his table.... Not only is he putting the best team out there, with the best chance to win now. He's also keeping things open for the future. Replacing guys before they are even gone. Drafting smart. I'm my book he can miss on the next 2 drafts and he'd still be considered a genius in my book. But judging by his track record with the colts.... I have complete faith in him.

^what he said..

I don't speak Spanish, dude. 

Grigson will always get negative criticism from fans... It's really part of him job. So many people wonder why we didint go after Alex Mack or get a well known center. Accuse him of turning a blind eye on the offensive line, even though we drafted a guard and center 3rd and 4th rounder last year, 2nd rounder this year, and sign Gosder Cherilus. Werner, a future star (let's hope), will be our main pass rusher once Mathis is gone (no rush). The Donte Moncrief pick will be Reggie Wayne's future replacement. But yet people expect Grigson to win now. And risk losing one of our key guys from the 2012 draft.

Grigson has a lot on his table.... Not only is he putting the best team out there, with the best chance to win now. He's also keeping things open for the future. Replacing guys before they are even gone. Drafting smart. I'm my book he can miss on the next 2 drafts and he'd still be considered a genius in my book. But judging by his track record with the colts.... I have complete faith in him.

Agree, but the moncrief pick at the end of round 3 was not a brilliant move, it was a no brainer!

And early showings confirm that, hope donte develops as expected...

Google

german_2.gif

Wir´werden ihn weiter beobachte können, aber er wirkt, schnell, athletisch und kräftig! Ich denke, nach oben sind für den Jungen keine Grenzen gesetzt!

Ich freue mich auf ihn einen Dummkopf von denen, die an ihm gezweifelt haben zu machen.

I predict a Ryan Kerrigan-like season, or Ahmad Brooks. About 40-60 tackles, maybe 6-8 sacks.

For now.

I have no doubt he will eventually be a 8+ sacks a year player. I wouldn't proclaim him the next Aldon Smith or Clay Matthews yet, but also, he's not going to be the next Vernon Gholston either.

Here is a question. . . When Mathis returns could Werner possibly replace Walden on the other side?  

He did spend the majority of time playing Sam last year.  So if he can be just as, or at least close to as good against the run as Walden is while also providing more of a pass rush then I definitely don't see why not.

His pass rush looked better........

......his setting the edge......meh 

And I really hate seeing Werner in pass coverage. 

Werner doesn't look too bad at pass coverage from what I've seen.  

Mathis is on contract this year and next year.  Werner's contract runs out after 2016 although we have a 5th year option on him.

To me spending 3 years as a backup/role player is a heck of a waste of a 1st round pick.  Especially if said pick has the talent to get on the field but is just stuck behind an elite player.  

If Werner can replace Walden as the starter over there, we can cut Walden next year, and save 3.75 M in cap space.  

And we can get started on hammering out our defense where expensive FA's and aging players need to be gradually replaced by younger drafted players.  (This is especially true as several key members of our offense will be needing new contracts.)

Werner doesn't look too bad at pass coverage from what I've seen.  

Mathis is on contract this year and next year.  Werner's contract runs out after 2016 although we have a 5th year option on him.

To me spending 3 years as a backup/role player is a heck of a waste of a 1st round pick.  Especially if said pick has the talent to get on the field but is just stuck behind an elite player.  

If Werner can replace Walden as the starter over there, we can cut Walden next year, and save 3.75 M in cap space.  

And we can get started on hammering out our defense where expensive FA's and aging players need to be gradually replaced by younger drafted players.  (This is especially true as several key members of our offense will be needing new contracts.)

Newsome in his 1st game played about like Walden did for at least the 1st half of last season. Promising so Walden better play well.

Newsome in his 1st game played about like Walden did for at least the 1st half of last season. Promising so Walden better play well.

Was wondering about him possibly in the future but he'll likely need some development before he could potentially become a starter.  

Was wondering about him possibly in the future but he'll likely need some development before he could potentially become a starter.  

He scrapped in their pretty good for a kid. He gave up the outside shoulder several times. Probably not used to that in college, but he is going to get a bunch of playing time pre-season and probably some the 1st 4 games.

A pretty good prospect, with a nice year 2 bounce.  I Wish him good health.