Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

defensive lineman Brett Keisel

Even as a back up. His play may have declined last year…due to injury, due to age, or maybe even a combination. Maybe as a back up and not playing as much, will not wear him down as much and we may still see the type of player we are used to…just not on every down.

Even at his age and on the downside of his career, Keisel is the best 3-4 DE left on the market and we're short at the 3-4 DE position.

of mathis use tell mathis returns  for 4 games.

cool? 

Keisel is finished he was terrible last year and when they got Cam Heyward on the park they didnt look back. 

id be surprised if he even got a call he will faze out just like casey hampton did recently. 

His play actually improved at the end of the season. Made some big plays in December.

There’s still a little bit of tread on the tires, and so long as he stays healthy, he absolutely can contribute.

Agreed. People act like he got old or something. He was freaking awesome in 2012, and he was dealing with injuries in 2013. Keisel is exactly like fine wine. I don’t think he’s done.

Even as a back up. His play may have declined last year…due to injury, due to age, or maybe even a combination. Maybe as a back up and not playing as much, will not wear him down as much and we may still see the type of player we are used to…just not on every down.

Even at his age and on the downside of his career, Keisel is the best 3-4 DE left on the market and we're short at the 3-4 DE position.

In my opinion we need to wait and see who becomes available after cuts are made. There will be some D-lineman available as good as him for less money and younger.  (of mathis use tell mathis returns for 4 games) What were you trying to say?

we're not at all short at the 3-4 DE position.  

His play actually improved at the end of the season. Made some big plays in December.

There’s still a little bit of tread on the tires, and so long as he stays healthy, he absolutely can contribute.

Agreed. People act like he got old or something. He was freaking awesome in 2012, and he was dealing with injuries in 2013. Keisel is exactly like fine wine. I don’t think he’s done.

Even the finest wines start to decline after aging 30 years.

In all seriousness and I'm not going to be bias. I hate the stealers being from pa and living in Pittsburgh. But that said why not bring him in? This would be like a Cory Redding type of signing in my opinion. Vet kick of the trade over rules the rookie.

Funny... when I first played Madden 25, he became available on FA list and I added him as a back-up DE for 3 seasons.  Sure, just a game, but still funny to see this here in reality. 

I think he'd be a solid back-up with the chance to be in the rotation... not sure why folks are so against him.  He'll land somewhere.  The beard alone is worth a  few tackles.  

Cam Heyward is the Steelers best D-lineman so Keisel being replaced by Heyward doesn't necessarily mean he is done. However, I would never take players that the Steelers or Baltimore no longer want, it just means they are done. Very few guys leave those systems and play well anywhere else. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...