Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most underrated players in the draft

Who do you guys think are the most underrated players in the draft that will fall into the later rounds or may not even be drafted at all. Why do you think they are underrated?

I'll start with one..

CHRIS BOYD.. Played at Vanderbilt and was a complete stud next to Jordan Matthews for 2 seasons. Was going to be a lock in the draft but a rape case that involved a couple players led him to be suspended from the team... He wasn't involved with the rape itself but he found out about it and tried to cover it up. Never has had character issues besides the one mistake! He is a big reciever with some solid speed! He didn't play football anywhere this season but continued to work very hard. I think he may possibly may get drafted in the 6th round or later. Possibly not at all... Here is a highlight video!

I hope the Colts Atleast look at him late! I Seriously think he can play a good role for any receiving core.

QB- David Fales/Jeff Matthews

RB- CHARLES SIMS: my top RB, he runs routes and catches as well as some NFL receivers, and his quickened and moved are incredible at times.

WR- Jordan Matthews

OG- Zach Martin

I'm actually too lazy to finish my post in all honesty haha

RB- CHARLES SIMS: my top RB, he runs routes and catches as well as some NFL receivers, and his quickened and moved are incredible at times.

WR- Jordan Matthews

OG- Zach Martin

How is Zach Martin underrated? He's projected to go in the top half of the first round.

WR- Jordan Matthews

OG- Zach Martin

Yes, please!!!

Another couple of names: Cody Hoffman and Denicos Allen

DeAndre Coleman,DT- A real pocket pusher who can play at NT or 3-4 DE like Arthur Jones, and would make a great understudy for Jones. He also gets off blocks really well.

Preston Brown,ILB-Mayock has moved him up to his number 3 ranked ILB. He plays fast and instinctive. His reaction time is surreal and he locates the ball quickly.

Dezman Southward,S- A name rising on the net. Very good player who can cover and tackle. Probably a rotational guy year 1. Starter by year 2

Aaron Murray,QB- I think he's better than most of the QB's in this class. He and Mettenberger are destined for big things. If you watch the first meeting between Georgia and LSU, you'll see a college game that looks like an NFL playoff game. Murray came up big for his team. I've said before that if not for the ACL injury, you're talking about a 1st round QB.  If he gets to sit behind a veteran, he'll be a top 10 QB in the league some day. Really good at putting the ball in a spot where only his guys can get it

Jalen Saunders,WR- Another underrated receiver from Oklahoma who came from the same school as Kenny Stills. He's a little undersized at 5'9" but the guy can play. He's a slot receiver for sure but he also has value in the return game. You can also probably play him in the backfield at times. Despite what write ups say, he's a tough little guy and can be a gadget player in a offense that likes to get creative.

I could list more but I could go on for days. Seriously, such a deep draft.

Wouldn't consider him underrated. Probably the first TE off the board if not for off the field issues.

He was part of the big 3 at TE early on in the season. It was Ebron, ASJ, and Lyerla as the best TE's. Once the arrest happened, he was considered undraftable because of how serious a coke charge is, and Amaro stepped up in the rankings. I think it would be smart for Chip Kelly to pick him up since Brent Celek is on his way out. Kelly can probably keep him on the right path with an immense amount of monitoring. But Ertz and Lyerla at TE would be a nasty duo at TE. Would be the equivalent of Allen/Fleener.

Deanthony Thomas will make someone incredibly happy. I don't care what his 40 was, on the field he's got it, and is one of the best at cutting at full speed.

I can agree with that! He has always been pretty explosive! Big play potential

Tyler Starr

Taylor Hart (don't be shocked, if we select him at some point...gary emauel has been checking him out for a long time).

Carl Bradford

Dri Archer

Cassius Marsh ( i really like him).

Daniel Furr

Johnathan Dowling (game changer, but lacks maturity. Another richard sherman?)

Ryan Hewiit

Nat Berhe

Matt Patchan (Late round steal)

Gabe Jackson ( pray to god...he's there at 59. Larry Warford 2.0).

Gabe Ikard

Deanthony Thomas will make someone incredibly happy. I don't care what his 40 was, on the field he's got it, and is one of the best at cutting at full speed.

watch the Ducks much hurt a lot a real bad attitude see Stanford loss

He missed four games in three years and had checked out mentally last year.

3 were last year 1300 total yards and 10 tds. Mentally checked out if that is another way to say he quit then yeah he mentally checked out. I am not going to go back and look but if he really only missed 4 in his career he left a lot early.

Although he was mentally enough together to led the we don't want to go back to the Rose Bowl train after his impressive 75total  yards in the loss to Stanford. When the Ducks needed it Marshall Huff and Mariota got it done.

Don't think Thomas has the stomach for the big league. We will see if Chip lets him go after cutting DJax I think that will be a pretty good indication of how he feels about him. He would know. If we got some speed I'd rather get the kid Solomon Patton from Florida in the 7th ran 4.31 40

I am a hard core Ducks fan watch every game. I know he scored like every 7 touches coming into the year all that stuff to me he quit last year don't know when he will do that again don't want it on a team I am part of.

Tyler Starr

Taylor Hart (don't be shocked, if we select him at some point...gary emauel has been checking him out for a long time).

Carl Bradford

Dri Archer

Cassius Marsh ( i really like him).

Daniel Furr

Johnathan Dowling (game changer, but lacks maturity. Another richard sherman?)

Ryan Hewiit

Nat Berhe

Matt Patchan (Late round steal)

Gabe Jackson ( pray to god...he's there at 59. Larry Warford 2.0).

Gabe Ikard

good list Gabe Jackson is NOT underated...

CB Travis Carrie  fron Ohio U

3 were last year 1300 total yards and 10 tds. Mentally checked out if that is another way to say he quit then yeah he mentally checked out. I am not going to go back and look but if he really only missed 4 in his career he left a lot early.

Although he was mentally enough together to led the we don't want to go back to the Rose Bowl train after his impressive 75total yards in the loss to Stanford. When the Ducks needed it Marshall Huff and Mariota got it done.

Don't think Thomas has the stomach for the big league. We will see if Chip lets him go after cutting DJax I think that will be a pretty good indication of how he feels about him. He would know. If we got some speed I'd rather get the kid Solomon Patton from Florida in the 7th ran 4.31 40

I am a hard core Ducks fan watch every game. I know he scored like every 7 touches coming into the year all that stuff to me he quit last year don't know when he will do that again don't want it on a team I am part of.

No, all four games were last year and before that the only game he left early was because if a slight concussion. You have no idea what you're talking about.

No, all four games were last year and before that the only game he left early was because if a slight concussion. You have no idea what you're talking about.

i have a pretty good idea what I am talking about. I have lived in Oregon/Alaska for sometime and watch the Ducks and Notre Dame religouisly. He missed 3 games last year

Directly from Ducks website:  2013 —  Played in 10 of Oregon’s 13 games finishing with 1,353 all-purpose yards Rushed for 594 yards on 96 carries (6.2 yards per carry) and eight touchdowns, caught 22 passes for 246 yards and a touchdown and returned 21 kickoffs for 513 yards and a TD. . .

13-10=3 so he missed 3 games last year. He was a dynamic player in college speed kills he has it but I don't see it amounting to much in the NFL. The Kick off return is being phased out of the game so as a punt returner? He did not return punts for the Ducks last year that was Addison the guy I said to keep an eye on  took over those duties. He took 2 to the house.

Addison did play in all 13 61 catches 890 yards 7 scores long was 75 yards. He is going to be good

That is about as much time as I choose to waste on this. Everyone has their opinions some right some wrong. The draft is coming I as sure he will get drafted. We will see what he does at the next level. Is he someone I would be interested in? No that is just my opinoin. Him missing 3 games on the other hand is a fact.

Matt Paradis, C - Boise State: Not the biggest, not the strongest, but he more than gets the job done. Clearly an ex-d-lineman. Plays low, can move his man in the run game. Plays mean and looks angry at times, though he never loses control. Anchors well and is rarely caught unaware by stunts. People have doubts about his athleticism, but I don't see it. He's not the prettiest when he pulls, but he gets the job done. I think he's a great late round kid with starter upside. Not many glaring weaknesses, just not that athletic and doesn't measure out as elite. 

Jerry "BooBoo" Gates, SS Bowling Green: Put him in the box and you have a backup who can produce well enough as an enforcer at SS in a pinch. His big appeal is on special teams. Was a better than expected return man who runs with surprising power and vision for a strong safety. Has the makeup of a great special teams cover man, though not fast enough to be a gunner. Has the appeal of a monster special teams ace if everything works out. Not a pretty position, and one no one usually mocks out, but he's got the make up to do it very well.

Like I said in another thread like two weeks ago(I posted videos in the other thread):

OLB Derrell Johnson from ECU in the 6-7th rounds,

this guy can flat out get after the QB with a variety of moves. Don't ask him to drop in space though. I like him in terms of backing up Mathis

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Thick, athletic-looking frame with a powerful lower half, and chiseled physique.

Demonstrates impressive natural power on contact, establishing leverage with a low center of gravity and driving offensive lineman back with a strong bull rush. Physical tackler who loves to make the big hit. Fights relentlessly to get off blocks, and demonstrates impressive hand power to disengage from bigger blockers.

Impressive closing burst as an edge rusher, and demonstrates a natural ability to flatten at the edge with nice hip flexibility and balance. Exhibits an explosive first step off the snap as a rusher, both from a three-point stance, as well as from a stand-up position. Exhibits a strong rip move and arm-over swim as a rusher.

WEAKNESSES: Weighed in at 248 pounds for the Shrine Game, down from a prior listed weight in the 260's and making him a bit of a 'tweener when considering his prospects as an every-down edge rusher at the next level.

Heavy footed in space, and struggles to redirect with any kind of suddenness. Lacks fluidity in reverse, and gets a bit choppy when transitioning to run from a backpedal. Does a lot of hopping around when changing direction, and lacks an overall feel for the passing game as a zone defender.

--CBS Sports

TJ Jones, WR - Notre Dame: Beautiful route runner, way ahead of most college players coming out and a good amount of players in the league. Can set his man up very well. Very sure handed. Little more slippery than his measurables might lead one to believe, capable of making some yards after the catch, though rarely gamebreaking. Will high point the ball. Impressive catch radius for his size. Very Austin Collie-esque to me in that he just knows what he's doing and runs the routes well without really standing out as an athlete. I think he's a great guy to play the slot for a team early and possibly move up to the outside later on. He's not attractive on paper, but he's the kind of reliable target I think any team can use. He's typically seen as a third day pick as far as I know, but I think he could easily slot into the third and perhaps be justified in the late second.

Also like Safety Nikoe Whitley from Mississippi State but that ACL surgery he had pretty much knocks him to a priority free agent that might have to take a redshirt season. But I really like how he plays the safety position

Safety CJ Barnett from Ohio State as well 7-FA, feel like he could surprise as well. Just a little small though

That's how I feel about Greg Robinson. At OG he'll be the next Steve Hutchinson. Left Tackle? Ehhh

Well at this point his pass pro is virtual unknown and he fits the mold of an elite OG, so I'd have to agree with you there.