Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most underrated players in the draft

IMO, some underrated players are:

Carl Bradford-OLB

Jordan Zumwalt-OLB/ILB

Kenny Ladler-FS

Josh Mauro-DE

Dontae Johnson-CB/FS

I like Bradford alot and when you put on his tape...i see another Junior Seau! If we didn't have so many holes, i would be happy to have him.

I think Donte Moncrief is the most underrated offensive player. He has the size, speed, and route running to be a #1 WR. Since we signed Nicks and with Wayne coming back many of us including myself have ruled out drafting a WR, but you never know with Grigson. If he's there in the 3rd and he's the BPA, Grigson will take him over a need. We don't know if Wayne who's 35 and Nicks has had his share of injuries will stay healthy. Moncrief could be an option in the 3rd.

Defensively, i think Daquan Jones is the most underrated.

What do you guys think of Laurent Duvernay-Tardif?

Not so much underrated, more like under the radar because there hasn't been a lot of great prospects coming from Quebec.

But I can say as someone from Montreal that there is a lot of hype around him over here!

Does he look like the type of guy that Grigson could look at during the 4th round? (IF he is still available at that point, it looks like Seahawks and Packers have a big man crush on him)

(Sorry for the long post, I actually wanted to start a topic about him but I have not posted enough yet)

D'Anthony Thomas.

I might take flack for this but the guy is one of the most electric playmakers in the draft. What he would bring to a team is a great return man and a good change of pace back, reminds me a little of a slightly skinnier but slightly quicker version of Darren Sproles.

Honestly I'd take him if he's there in the 5th.

D'Anthony Thomas.

I might take flack for this but the guy is one of the most electric playmakers in the draft. What he would bring to a team is a great return man and a good change of pace back, reminds me a little of a slightly skinnier but slightly quicker version of Darren Sproles.

Honestly I'd take him if he's there in the 5th.

A lighter, weaker Kerwynn Williams. The league isn't built for this type of player.

A lighter, weaker Kerwynn Williams. The league isn't built for this type of player.

He can put about 25 pounds on and also there are lots of other players at other positions that have had alot of success, Darren Sproles immediately comes to mind at rb, Steve Smith at WR

He can put about 25 pounds on and also there are lots of other players at other positions that have had alot of success, Darren Sproles immediately comes to mind at rb, Steve Smith at WR

There a very few of those type who have had success. Sproles could be said to be one, but he is considersably stronger and as one of the best cutters the league has ever seen.

Thomas doesn't (nor will he) play WR so I do not know how that is relevant.

P.S. He is not putting 25 pounds on... get real.

There a very few of those type who have had success. Sproles could be said to be one, but he is considersably stronger and as one of the best cutters the league has ever seen.

I didn't say he would put 25 pounds on, I said he could if coaches asked him to, Thomas I see listed as an Offensive Weapon or Scat Back

I didn't say he would put 25 pounds on, I said he could if coaches asked him to, Thomas I see listed as an Offensive Weapon or Scat Back

Why would they ask him to?

Neither OW or Scat Back mean wide receiver... he may line up in the slot on occassion, but that does not make him a WR.

My point stands... he will be drafted, probably in the 5th, but I don't see him ever making an impact in the league like so many similar players before him.

Giovanni Bernard is literally a Darren Sproles clone and he's done pretty well for himself. He's a gadget player, who are a new type of player that we see in the league. Similar to Tavon Austin. They're not the biggest people who are elite at any one thing, but they make plays somewhere. I give it another year or 2 and these guys will be the hot commodity in the NFL.

Giovanni Bernard is literally a Darren Sproles clone and he's done pretty well for himself. He's a gadget player, who are a new type of player that we see in the league. Similar to Tavon Austin. They're not the biggest people who are elite at any one thing, but they make plays somewhere. I give it another year or 2 and these guys will be the hot commodity in the NFL.

Are you comparing D'Anthony Thomas to Giovani Bernard?

That does not even deserve a rebuttal.

Are you comparing D'Anthony Thomas to Giovani Bernard?

That does not even deserve a rebuttal.

Not in terms of skill but in terms of position. Thomas is not Bernarnd but he's similar in the fact that he's not just a pure RB. He's a guy who can make plays, especially in space.

Not in terms of skill but in terms of position. Thomas is not Bernarnd but he's similar in the fact that he's not just a pure RB. He's a guy who can make plays, especially in space.

Ugh... I shouldn't have to spell this out for you... Bernard is over 30 pounds heavier... he has a completely different body type and is a completely different type of player. They are both shifty, that's it.

Ugh... I shouldn't have to spell this out for you... Bernard is over 30 pounds heavier... he has a completely different body type and is a completely different type of player. They are both shifty, that's it.

Yeah but Bernard also isn't a 3 down back, and most of his damage came from catching the ball out of the backfield and making people miss. Thomas brings the same type of game. He is a scat back coming out of the back field but if you get him in space and let him catch the ball, he'll make people miss and get YAC.

He doesn't have the frame for that. But he'll have a great career.

I'll be surprised if his future isn't in the slot. He lined up in the slot half the time his first two years.

Yeah but Bernard also isn't a 3 down back, and most of his damage came from catching the ball out of the backfield and making people miss. Thomas brings the same type of game. He is a scat back coming out of the back field but if you get him in space and let him catch the ball, he'll make people miss and get YAC.

They are not the same type of player. Stop trying to rationalize it.

Why would they ask him to?

Neither OW or Scat Back mean wide receiver... he may line up in the slot on occassion, but that does not make him a WR.

My point stands... he will be drafted, probably in the 5th, but I don't see him ever making an impact in the league like so many similar players before him.

I doubt they would ask him to put on 25lbs, But he will put on some weight in his career at some point, Dont know how much but coaches will get him into a strength program so I expect he will put on some muscle and weight, OW means exactly that...OW, That could be in the slot, in the backfield, He has something that cant be taught and thats pure speed,  

I doubt they would ask him to put on 25lbs, But he will put on some weight in his career at some point, Dont know how much but coaches will get him into a strength program so I expect he will put on some muscle and weight, OW means exactly that...OW, That could be in the slot, in the backfield, He has something that cant be taught and thats pure speed,  

I am well aware of what it means, thanks. But only a handful of those type of players succeed in this league and none dominate. He is not as good as the OW types who have come before him and is simply too light for this league. I have seen this 100 times before, people get so worked up about these types of players but very few pan out.