Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kiper's 3-round Mock... every pick for every team...

....  again,  it's 3-rounds, NOT the full 7-round mock.

And he was doing BPA....   so, if the position your team wants to fill doesn't have a player worthy of the pick,  then Kiper went to another position of need.

So, for the Colts,  he acknowledges the Colts need a safety and a lineman.   But he didn't like what was available when those picks came around.   Now, personally I disagree...   because he has some guys going in the 3rd round that I'd be fine with at 59.

By the way, this was posted on ESPN.com last week.   I was surprised that no one had posted it, or even commented on it....    but, sometimes that happens....    there's plenty here to disagree with...  I see a number of players that are way too high and some who I think are way too low.   But that's what makes the world go around!

Round 1    

Pick  Team  Position   Player     College 
1 Houston Texans DE Jadeveon Clowney South Carolina
2 St. Louis Rams (from WAS) WR Sammy Watkins Clemson 
8 Minnesota Vikings QB Blake Bortles Central Florida
10 Detroit Lions CB Justin Gilbert Oklahoma St.
12 New York Giants TE Eric Ebron North Carolina
13 St. Louis Rams S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Alabama
14 Chicago Bears CB Darqueze Dennard Michigan St.
17 Baltimore Ravens OT Zack Martin Notre Dame
18 New York Jets WR Brandin Cooks Oregon St.
25 San Diego Chargers CB Kyle Fuller Virginia Tech
26 Cleveland Browns (from IND) CB Jason Verrett TCU 

Round 2

Pick  Team  Position   Player    College
1 Houston Texans QB Jimmy Garoppolo Eastern Illinois
3 Cleveland Browns G Gabe Jackson Mississippi St.
16 Baltimore Ravens S Jimmie Ward Northern Illinois
17 New York Jets TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
19 Chicago Bears DT Brent Urban Virginia
29 San Francisco 49ers WR Josh Huff Oregon

Round 3

Pick   Team    Position   Player      College

1 Houston Texans CB Bashaud Breeland Clemson

2 Washington Redskins OLB Demarcus Lawrence Boise St.

3 Oakland Raiders DE Kony Ealy Missouri

4 Atlanta Falcons DE Scott Crichton Oregon St.
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers DE Kareem Martin North Carolina

6 Jacksonville Jaguars WR Allen Robinson Penn St.

7 Cleveland Browns S Ed Reynolds Stanford

8 Minnesota Vikings CB Marcus Roberson Florida

9 Buffalo Bills WR Brandon Coleman Rutgers

10 New York Giants G Trai Turner LSU

11 St. Louis Rams LB Christian Jones Florida St.

12 Detroit Lions CB Phillip Gaines Rice

13 San Francisco 49ers (from TEN) DT Dominique Easley Florida

14 Dallas Cowboys DT Will Sutton Arizona St.

15 Baltimore Ravens RB Dri Archer Kent St.

16 New York Jets CB Loucheiz Purifoy Florida

17 Miami Dolphins OT Jack Mewhort Ohio St.

18 Chicago Bears DT Caraun Reid Princeton

19 Cleveland Browns (from PIT) RB De'Anthony Thomas Oregon

20 Arizona Cardinals WR Robert Herron Wyoming

21 Green Bay Packers TE C.J. Fiedorowicz Iowa

22 Philadelphia Eagles CB Aaron Colvin Oklahoma

23 Kansas City Chiefs S Deone Bucannon Washington St.

24 Cincinnati Bengals QB Tom Savage Pitt

25 San Diego Chargers OT Cameron Fleming Stanford

26 Indianapolis Colts OLB Carl Bradford Arizona St.

27 New Orleans Saints CB Kendall James Maine

28 Carolina Panthers WR Bruce Ellington South Carolina

29 New England Patriots C Weston Richburg Colorado St.

30 San Francisco 49ers CB Nevin Lawson Utah St.

31 Denver Broncos LB Jordan Tripp Montana

32 Minnesota Vikings (from SEA) RB Tre Mason Auburn

33 Pittsburgh Steelers (Comp) CB/S Antone Exum Virginia Tech

34 Green Bay Packers (Comp) DE Kelcy Quarles South Carolina

35 Baltimore Ravens (Comp) TE Troy Niklas Notre Dame

36 San Francisco 49ers (Comp) QB/TE Logan Thomas Virginia Tech

I hope that is not our draft goes I'd rather go Demarcus Lawerence in the 2nd and Exum in the 3rd going off this board. That is just glancing at what is around us.

I would really like to see a best available Defensive player draft and finally build this monster we have been talking about. It would look like we are getting close. On Offense maybe grab a lineman if one falls but that would be it for me.

If we draft a QB WR RB or TE with one of our first 3 picks that would not make sense to me. We have another year to replace Reggie we rented Nicks just in case. No WR this year lets see what we have.  Brazil is in his 3rd year historically a breakout year. I think he has the potential and give Rogers a camp to see what we really have in him. Whalen just seems to make plays nothing special but gets the job done.

If Dee Ford goes at 27 Trent really better get it going.

<--- RG3 here. If the Colts got Donte Moncrief I would be SOOOOOO jealous.

Andrew and the Colts would be well on their way to setting up the dynasty in the skill positions.

Colts defense will be fine! I'll even telegraph all of my passes when our teams play each other or just run around aimlessly.

I am good at that so I'm told.

This mock is stinky.  I for one really hope the Browns return to greatness or at least goodness sometime this decade, and drafting Johnny Man-what the Hell...just doesn't seem like a smart move.  I'm not saying the kid can't be a star, but he's such a risk especially off the field.  Why not get Bortles or a top WR at the #4 pick?  Wow!  Six cornerbacks in the first round.  Must be one heck of a CB class.

I know I'm gonna shock some people, but I'd be just fine if we go "all D" this draft.  With so many offensive weapons coming back as well as linemen I say shore up our secondary. 

Wow, I am really surprised he has Kony Ealy in the 3rd round. I have heard he is viewed by some as capable of playing OLB in a 3-4. I would hope we would take Ealy or Demarcus Lawrence if they are available at 59.

I would be fine with Donte Moncrief though, if that is who we end up taking.

I would look at Pierre Desir in the 3rd round. I am kind of surprised Mel does not have him going in the 3rd round.

2.  Phillip Rice

3.  Cyril Richardson

If Richardson is there in the third, I'd really hope we draft him.  Do we want to run the ball or not?  This guy could be a more athletic Larry Warfield.  I'd also be good with trading down and getting Yawin Smallwood.

Since we picked up Nicks, I REALLY do not want to go WR at 59...especially a project receiver.  I like him if he falls, but not at 59.

I have seen many names I like better than Bradford in the 3rd...and this is in no way a knock on him.

Kiper gets more annoying every year.  No I am not Bill Tobin :)

A WR and an OLB with our first 2 picks. No thanks. Im good with Wayne, Hilton, Nicks, Brazil, Rodgers, and Whalen. Im also good with Robert Mathis, Walden, and letting Werner develop.

IMO those are the 2 dumbest positions to draft besides TE and QB. Terrible Kiper. I also do not see Johnny Manziel as the first QB taken. Why wouldnt the Jags take a QB? Thats basially admitting theyre going to suck again with Henne at qb.

2.  Phillip Rice

3.  Cyril Richardson

If Richardson is there in the third, I'd really hope we draft him.  Do we want to run the ball or not?  This guy could be a more athletic Larry Warfield.  I'd also be good with trading down and getting Yawin Smallwood.

I assume you meant Larry Warford?  

Warford was criticized early on his lack of burst off of the line, but his agility is much better than Richardson.

That said...I would not mind Richardson...he is going to be a road grader/mauler.  He does need to get with an athletic trainer to turn that fat into muscle....the man is STRONG as an ox! :thmup:

2.  Phillip Rice

3.  Cyril Richardson

I also think you meant Phillip Gaines of Rice...not Phillip Rice.

I am not slamming you, just checking to be clear :)

Wow, that's sad, I got them both wrong.  Sorry Guys.  I can never get Larry Warford right.  If this is anywhere close to how the draft plays out, I'd definately trade down and build the trenches.

3.  Cyril Richardson

3.  Yawin Smallwood

4.  Will Clarke

5.  Shayne Skov

6.  Tre Boston

7.  Spencer Long

That would definately give the monster some muscle.

A agree with Kiper about the safeties and OL available to us in Round 2.  I would have taken a CB in the 2nd and an OL in the 3rd.  Say, Jean-Baptiste and Dozier (or Billy Turner, OL, ND St.).  I would probably be trying to trade into the bottom half of the 4th round to try and get Marqueston Huff at FS.

Before the Nicks signing Moncrief is the one WR that MIGHT be there that i would have thought long and hard to take, after the guys below.

But from what i can see I would take if available in this order, Attaochu, Terrence Brooks, Marcus Smith at 59. Love the idea of having TWO guys that could be VG at center and one of them playing Solid Guard.
Would definitely consider moving up 5 or so spots for Att.

If these guys are gone i would be looking to trade back as much as 10 spots.

It really doesn't make a lot of sense to draft a WR in the 2nd.  

The only way I would is if all of the 2nd round OLB/DE prospects, DT/DE, OL, S and CB prospects are all off the board AND there was team we could trade back with.

The only way I would is if all of the 2nd round OLB/DE prospects, DT/DE, OL, S and CB prospects are all off the board AND there was team we could trade back with.

I would agree, the only way it makes sense is if a WR is head and shoulders the best player available.