Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared Allen to Seahawks

BlueCollarColts

I really like Allen, always sorta felt sorry for him playing in Minnesota,

wish this would've happened last off season so he could go ahead & have his ring...

because if Seattle repeats next season I will die inside a little bit...

How often do you see repeat back to back SB winners :???: ( before you say or anyone else does besides the Pats )  Just doesn't happen too often. I personally don't see it happening this coming year. :hide:

How often do you see repeat back to back SB winners :???: ( before you say or anyone else does besides the Pats )  Just doesn't happen too often. I personally don't see it happening this coming year. :hide:

If Russell Wilson takes that next step they may very well. That offense can get very stale at times. Of course they don't turn it over and the defense is top quality so they would overcome this but if Wilson continues to improve....adding Harvin to the mix....yikes they have a shot at it....that said the Eagles are improved and if NO adds a weapon for Brees I think they will be improved. SF is right there already and I look for GB to bounce back. It won't be easy...it isn't really a 2 team race like in the AFC.

If Russell Wilson takes that next step they may very well. That offense can get very stale at times. Of course they don't turn it over and the defense is top quality so they would overcome this but if Wilson continues to improve....adding Harvin to the mix....yikes they have a shot at it....that said the Eagles are improved and if NO adds a weapon for Brees I think they will be improved. SF is right there already and I look for GB to bounce back. It won't be easy...it isn't really a 2 team race like in the AFC.

Wilson wasn't even really great this season. If he become what some think he is already, indeed a scary team.

They were the best team that showed up. They were not as infinitely better than the Broncos as the score suggested, IMO.

If they play the Patriots or Colts or Ravens, those teams can run the ball better vs them, IMO. They matched up best vs the Broncos.

Wilson wasn't even really great this season. If he become what some think he is already, indeed a scary team.

He was good...Tom Brady type numbers...of course in a bad Tom Brady year..but he doesn't turn it over....thats HUGE...we saw what Luck can do when he takes care of the ball...in the playoffs he almost had more than he threw all season. There is A LOT for not turning it over. Peyton's two INTS were critical in the SB and perhaps had they punted instead or got pts...maybe a slight difference. Wilson is a great game manager...if he becomes a weapon/threat in Drew Brees vain...watch out!

rarely did Wilson throw more than 20-25 times a game. if he threw as much as Luck, those numbers would even out. That and his annoying scramble he does when his first 2 reads aren't open helps his passing stats. Luck has a tendency to try and force a ball every now and then, but much better this past year than his rookie year. I wish we had the running game they do.. Luck may have put up MVP numbers. Just my speculation 

They were the best team that showed up. They were not as infinitely better than the Broncos as the score suggested, IMO.

If they play the Patriots or Colts or Ravens, those teams can run the ball better vs them, IMO. They matched up best vs the Broncos.

I think the Broncos could win 4 out 10 against Seattle...it just turned out the worst Broncos performance showed up...we all know changing a few things could have changed the whole outcome. The Broncos failed to execute in so many areas I don't think Seattle is 35pt better team...it just happened that way. Same thing with us beating Denver...we matched up well and we played almost a flawless game. We don't match up well against New England and that run game and small quick little wide outs. Of course both teams upgrade their defense as we upgraded ours so it will be a new year and fun to see.

rarely did Wilson throw more than 20-25 times a game. if he threw as much as Luck, those numbers would even out. That and his annoying scramble he does when his first 2 reads aren't open helps his passing stats. Luck has a tendency to try and force a ball every now and then, but much better this past year than his rookie year. I wish we had the running game they do.. Luck may have put up MVP numbers. Just my speculation 

It's not about comparing qbs...we saw that in the Peyton vs Brady years...its about what the the QB does with the team around them. I don't discount Wilson and the year he had because he didn't throw as much...he had worse receivers than Luck...but having Harvin this year I think we will see a jump in his numbers. I just give credit where credit is due...he played GREAT and did EVERYTHING they needed of him.

Allen wants 10M like Peppers and Ware got, so the Cowboys are out of the question.

I think it's a matter of time before Allen signs with the Seahawks. They have to replace Bennett somehow if he leaves since he is FA now.

They resigned Bennett so they will add Allen with him

As much as I hate to admit this Susie Q, the Dallas Cowboys did it in Super Bowl XXVII & Super Bowl XXVIII in 1993-1994. I could easily see the Hawks returning as Champions because that D is incredible & winning carries with it a swag, mojo residue with it into next season. 

INDY hopefully has other ideas though.  :thmup:

As much as I hate to admit this Susie Q, the Dallas Cowboys did it in Super Bowl XXVII & Super Bowl XXVIII in 1993-1994. I could easily see the Hawks returning as Champions because that D is incredible & winning carries with it a swag, mojo residue with it into next season. 

and that defense would be improved if Allen ends up signing there.  It looks like Pete Carroll and his GM have broken the code on something up there.