Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bad news for jimmy/Jim Irsay arrested (((merge)))

CantBeStopped

Just so you can laugh your heartiest at a man who could have killed multiple people with this action, I can assure you that there was no sarcasm in my comments. I am tired of this Bozo and I want new ownership for the Colts NOW!!

Well...

You're not going to get it.     So, get over yourself......

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may......

Everyone on this planet since the dawn of time has issues. Everyone.

I've got 'em, you've got 'em, we all do.

The Pope has them, your spouse them, all of us do. No one is untouched from some level of personal problems.

Even owners of NFL teams, including Jim Irsay.

If I knew Mr. Irsay I'd recommend that he go to the best rehab facility money can buy for 90 days. 90 days.

Not 30 days like most do. Not 60 days like some do. If you really want to beat this demon, increase your chances and go for 90 days. Change your life.

Odds are every person on this website knows someone who has an on-going battle with either drugs or alcohol or both. The six degrees of separation thing works. It's closer than you think. A little understanding goes a long way.

The Colts will not lose a draft pick. Free Agents will not stop wanting to come here. Irsay will probably be fined and he may even be suspended for a month or two or three. Good. That's when he should go to rehab and clean-up his life. Best thing for him. Really. Seriously.

And when he gets done with rehab, everyone here should be happy for him. Proud of him. Support him.

We're talking about the hardest thing in the world. Beating your personal demons while living in the public spotlight.

This is not nearly as bad as some here are making it out to be. This is all called life. Sooner or later, it catches up to all of us.

Sorry to get preachy.... but I thought some here needed a large dose of this.............

Best wishes for Mr. Irsay and thanks for all he's done for the Colts and Indianapolis and the state of Indiana! :thmup:

/slow clap

Well said. I'm furious I'm out of likes for the day.

Just so you can laugh your heartiest at a man who could have killed multiple people with this action, I can assure you that there was no sarcasm in my comments. I am tired of this Bozo and I want new ownership for the Colts NOW!!

He could have killed multiple people going 10 miles an hour?

I'm sure homeland security was all over it.

this was from wthr

Brian McCarthy, the communications director from the NFL, says Irsay will be reviewed under the personal conduct policy that applies to players, coaches, team employees and team owners. It states: "All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid 'conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League."

http://www.wthr.com/story/24995395/2014/03/17/nfl-irsay-subject-to-discipline-following-arrest

He could have killed multiple people going 10 miles an hour?

I'm sure homeland security was all over it.

He was driving 10 mph then. You think he drove that way all the way home? What difference does it make? You have a ton of steel going down the road and if that steel hits human beings, people will die. I am not saying this just because of Irsay. Anyone who gets a DUI should never be allowed to drive again and they SHOULD do jail time. The fact they don't and some people think that is cool, makes me more than a bit ill.

First off let me say I hope he gets help. I ran a pharmacy for over 12 years so I know the issues with pain medications and how easy it is to get hooked on them....especially for a recovering alcoholic. So I pray for his family and him to get well and get help.

That said my issues with Jim have always been about maturity and setting a good example as a leader. Whether it was tweets, or comments in the media and now this...it is a sorry thing and I refuse to kick someone when they are down but it was clear he has been lying for some time. It does not reflect well on the team and the community.

As punishment I have no clue...financial is a certainty...I also wouldn't be surprised to take away a first or second rd draft pick next year. This is a horrible black eye for the league and especially our team. I expect a pretty heavy punishment.

Then I hope the NFL takes the Colts away from him and his family.

You need to step away from the keyboard. You've gone off on this crusade against Irsay without knowing hardly ANY of the facts.

I don't condone driving under the influence, but this goes WAY deeper than throwing back a bunch of drinks and getting behind the wheel. Addiction is a VERY ugly disorder and it's not always a moral decision that is made or not made. It's something that is very hard to fully comprehend without going through it (whether personally, someone close to you, or you work in the field).

Get off your moral high horses and just support the man through this immense struggle. Do I think there should be repercussions? Absolutely. Stepping away from the team and getting treatment will be a huge part of that.

You may think they are pathetic but I want to see criminals in jail no matter how much money they have. He got away with driving without killing someone but that is just lucky. I am sympathy for the addiction but no sympathy for the DUI. Will you have to see a bunch of children killed before you see the light? I think anyone who wants to see him skate on the DUI is more than pathetic.

You can't go hammering him for what potentially might have happened, which given the speed involved might have proven not at all that much. Point being we've all done things that could have potentially have tragic consequences but by and large we get away with it. Yet I don't see you hollering for that to be classed as potential manslaughter.

Though your posts are well constructed and you come across as reasonable you have an agenda regards Irsay and the FO it seems.

Appreciate that you might feel strongly regards this but your posts are really OTT I think, especially when all facts have yet to be established.

First off let me say I hope he gets help. I ran a pharmacy for over 12 years so I know the issues with pain medications and how easy it is to get hooked on them....especially for a recovering alcoholic. So I pray for his family and him to get well and get help.

That said my issues with Jim have always been about maturity and setting a good example as a leader. Whether it was tweets, or comments in the media and now this...it is a sorry thing and I refuse to kick someone when they are down but it was clear he has been lying for some time. It does not reflect well on the team and the community.

As punishment I have no clue...financial is a certainty...I also wouldn't be surprised to take away a first or second rd draft pick next year. This is a horrible black eye for the league and especially our team. I expect a pretty heavy punishment.

So do I or the NFL has no integrity at all.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2014 - personal shot

He was driving 10 mph then. You think he drove that way all the way home? What difference does it make? You have a ton of steel going down the road and if that steel hits human beings, people will die. I am not saying this just because of Irsay. Anyone who gets a DUI should never be allowed to drive again and they SHOULD do jail time. The fact they don't and some people think that is cool, makes me more than a bit ill.

Does your mother know you're on the internet?

At 10 miles per hour, a fatal impact with a pedestrian is incredibly unlikely. We're talking soft tissue if anything.

Boy,  you're on a roll.....

No.    The Colts will definitely NOT be losing draft picks for this.

Period.

Why not? I don't want it but I certainly could see why it would be warranted. If we suspend players for this behavior how else are you suppose to punish the owner who is and should be held to a higher standard. A fine is a slap on the wrist...I EXPECT to lose a draft pick...hopefully it's just a second rounder next year.

Never drive again?! Dear lord isn't one of the pillars of American society that a person has the potential to rehabilitate and self improve!

You can't go hammering him for what potentially might have happened, which given the speed involved might have proven not at all that much. Point being we've all done things that could have potentially have tragic consequences but by and large we get away with it. Yet I don't see you hollering for that to be classed as potential manslaughter.

Though your posts are well constructed and you come across as reasonable you have an agenda regards Irsay and the FO it seems.

Appreciate that you might feel strongly regards this but your posts are really OTT I think, especially when all facts have yet to be established.

I would feel the same way if the man who was stopped was Jerry Jones. On second thought, they could have just shot old Jerry and I would have cheered that. It has nothing to do with Irsay personally but it is a black eye for the franchise, the city and the NFL. I don't think the NFL will tolerate it and they are getting emails from people like me begging for them to kick Irsay or any other owner caught doing some like this out of the league for good.

I would feel the same way if the man who was stopped was Jerry Jones. On second thought, they could have just shot old Jerry and I would have cheered that. It has nothing to do with Irsay personally but it is a black eye for the franchise, the city and the NFL. I don't think the NFL will tolerate it and they are getting emails from people like me begging for them to kick Irsay or any other owner caught doing some like this out of the league for good.

King Overreaction strikes again

Are you for real. The man made a mistake. The colts locker room, players, coaches, and fans should not loss respect for this man. if we are as tight of a team that we say we are everyone in the organization will help and support Jimmy during this hard time and struggle that he is battling with. Jimmy has done a lot of good things for this team, city, state, people who are in need of help, etc. Don't let one incident change all that. Jimmy I hope that you learn and overcome this hard time and I support you. Good luck and lets begin the next step forward.    

There is a difference between battling cancer and battling substance abuse and DUI.  If you can't see that than perhaps I should be asking you if you are for real.  This will not be the same as CHUCKSTRONG and even to compare it to that is ridiculous.  I cannot believe that so many just run to support this man. He has been great for this organization and franchise but he made a mistake and this isn't the first time. He has had issues in the past.  It's amazing to me that you are treating this like it's something that wasn't entirely in his control.  Would you be showing this much support if he had hit and killed someone, what if it had been your family on the road while he was driving.  He made a mistake and he needs to pay for it. I just hope that him paying for it won't bring down the entire franchise that he helped build because that will hurt so many more people. 

Depends on your own POV I guess but we've seen worse.

I don't care if I come across as unreasonable about DUI because that is exactly what I intend to be. I would have been sympathetic until he got behind that wheel. I guess none of you have lost a loved one or a good friend because of an accident caused by DUI.

At 10 miles per hour, a fatal impact with a pedestrian is incredibly unlikely. We're talking soft tissue if anything.

Ten miles per hour. One ton of vehicle. It would do a lot more damage than you think. That is a deadly combination.

Fatalities from a 10mph vehicle impacting a pedestrian are in the ballpark of 1%, in fact.

There is a difference between battling cancer and battling substance abuse and DUI.  If you can't see that than perhaps I should be asking you if you are for real.  This will not be the same as CHUCKSTRONG and even to compare it to that is ridiculous.  I cannot believe that so many just run to support this man. He has been great for this organization and franchise but he made a mistake and this isn't the first time. He has had issues in the past.  It's amazing to me that you are treating this like it's something that wasn't entirely in his control.  Would you be showing this much support if he had hit and killed someone, what if it had been your family on the road while he was driving.  He made a mistake and he needs to pay for it. I just hope that him paying for it won't bring down the entire franchise that he helped build because that will hurt so many more people. 

This.....

You know right that it's like politics, the Whitehouse gets thousands of enraged emails a day, do you think they base policy on them? Yo forcibly remove a owner is a massive step.

You ignored the main thrust of my point regards difference between potential consequences and actual events. Also like I said full facts have yet to come out.

This is what I hate about 24/7 society, as soon as an event happens you MUST have an opinion. Forget examination and fact collation. The upshot of this is a prevalence of extreme opinion because by nature it hasn't been considered.

Why not? I don't want it but I certainly could see why it would be warranted. If we suspend players for this behavior how else are you suppose to punish the owner who is and should be held to a higher standard. A fine is a slap on the wrist...I EXPECT to lose a draft pick...hopefully it's just a second rounder next year.

I don't think you can punish the team for a personal private matter for the owner that has nothing to do with football.

As someone else has noted,  last summer, Denver had two very high ranking execs both have big DUI's in a short period of time.

They were both right under Elway.

Nothing happened to the Broncos because of that.    Nothing.

A fine may or may not much according to you.    But a suspension -- if it happens -- will hit close to home.

I'll be beyond shocked if the Colts are punished for this.    And very disappointed in Goddell for doing it.

Ten miles per hour. One ton of vehicle. It would do a lot more damage than you think. That is a deadly combination.

Yeah? I've been hit by a vehicle doing approximately 10. A Ford F350 Super Duty. 

You know what happened? 

N O T H I N G. I stepped to the side and moved out of the way. 

The only way being hit at 10 miles an hour is going to do anything is if you're laying in the street.

Edited by 21isSuperman

No, it wouldn't.

I work for a law firm that does mostly insurance work. I see the results of accidents every day. Before that I spent 8 years as a claims adjuster for an auto insurance company.

At 10 mph the possibility for serious injury or even death exists, but it's incredibly unlikely. It's even more unlikely if he were to strike another vehicle. As I said previously we're talking bruising most likely.

None of this is condoning driving under the influence for the record, just attempting to introduce some facts into internet rantings.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2014 - response to hidden post

No. The psychopath was driving the car.

yes, total psychopath. Says the guy that has very little facts about the topic at hand.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2014 - response to hidden post

No. The psychopath was driving the car.

The human was driving the car.  The psychopath can't help himself but beat the human up for making a mistake.  Classy.

Just so you know that is what he was driving when he was pulled over...nobody knows what he was doing before that....doesn't mean he was speeding etc...but it is a deadly proposition none the less.

Bad day for the organization, but hopefully this is "rock bottom" for Irsay.. Hate to see anything like this happen, but it could have been much worse.

& lets hope this serves as a big time eye opener and he seeks help.

It won't be rock bottom unless they take the team away from him and they should do exactly that or when they come down hard on players for different issues, they will have no respect from anyone.

It scares me that someone like  you is allowed to vote, and is allowed out of the house during business hours. You throw the word fact around as though you have some sceintific evidence or something. See the problem with people like you (and I know you are just trolling GoodTimes...yeah we know your style) is that you use your voice for causes of which you have no understanding in hopes that you can pursuade another ill-informed ne'er-do-well to march in your crusade of lunacy.

The best advice I can give you is to log off and walk away from the computer. You've presented your case countless times in this thread, and your not adding anything. If you want to see Jim Irsay hanged for his addictions then that's on you. However for the sake of civility and the sanity of the forum go outside of your house/apartment/tent/van/bus station/dwelling and shout to the masses and bother them.

No one on here cares about your crusade of justice, and wholesomeness. There are a lot of big boy and big girl problems in the real world, let those who are qualified take care of them.