Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coaching Staff Throwing Games ...

Trips4Lyfe

That.

I agree there have been some just flat out bad calls at times without quesiton but there has just been a lot of flat out bad luck as well. This season has just been full of Murphy's Law for the Colts. It doesn't mean Caldwell is doing the world's great job coaching but I don't think he's as bad as some think he is either.

Edited by GoColts8818

Dungy would do no better than Caldwell is. Peyton is the reason for the wins, not any other player or any of our coaches. While they are all part of the framework, without Peyton this is a car with no engine. Dungy was a bit more competent than Caldwell, but this team still would likely be 0 for.

"Jones made another big play, taking a pass from Ryan and outrunning the Colts' pursuit for an 80-yard touchdown. Bryant added the extra point. Falcons 21, Colts 0 "

bethea quit on the jones 80-yard touchdown....no joke...couldn't beleive what my eyes were seeing ....he had the tackle and gave up pursuit around the 25-40 yard line...

No chance the Colts would go 0-for with Dungy. He actually woulda made sure of some necessary adjustments and I don't think he woulda started Collins. Three beatdowns in a row, the players are clearly intense about winning but it has to be the fruits of something bad.

No chance the Colts would go 0-for with Dungy. He actually woulda made sure of some necessary adjustments and I don't think he woulda started Collins. Three beatdowns in a row, the players are clearly intense about winning but it has to be the fruits of something bad.

Dungy was great at half time adjustments if we came out flat in the first half he would make changes and more often than not the team would come out strong in the 2nd half. I just don't see that with this coaching staff they keep trying the same things over and over with no success. That isn't the way to coach, IMO the whole staff should be replaced in the off season.

Exactly. A conspiracy of this nature would require some kind of gameplan, not something Caldwell is capable of.

Yeah. His entire game plan has been to let Manning do whay he wants on offense and let Freeney and Mathis do what they want on D. Now 1/2 of that equation is gone and all he can do is stand there looking constipated and confused.

Still, You can't hate the guy. Without him at the helm, we wouldn't be getting the #1 overall pick.

I didn't believe it could be true until the end of the first half clock management today. Colts had a chance to get the ball back with about 2 1/2 minutes to go in first half had they used 2 timeouts (would have taken the ball with 1 timeout and the 2 minute warning remaining). Instead they allowed 30 seconds to run off waiting for the 2 minute warning and got the ball at 1 minute 46 (with 2 timeouts left)... that's a huge difference. I found myself wondering out loud what that was all about, and I got several knowing looks from friends who were sitting in our section. Nobody wants to admit/believe/talk about this, but it finally dawned that something was seriously up... or, something is seriously wrong with EVERYTHING.

Exactly. A conspiracy of this nature would require some kind of gameplan, not something Caldwell is capable of.

Any conspiracy would go much deeper than Caldwell, he's just a puppet. It would go all the way to Irsay himself. How else do we explain our owner sitting on his hands and nonchalantly tweeting as his team reaches new levels of futility week after week. :wall:

"Jones made another big play, taking a pass from Ryan and outrunning the Colts' pursuit for an 80-yard touchdown. Bryant added the extra point. Falcons 21, Colts 0 "

bethea quit on the jones 80-yard touchdown....no joke...couldn't beleive what my eyes were seeing ....he had the tackle and gave up pursuit around the 25-40 yard line...

Completely wrong. Bethea couldn't catch up to him if you actually watched the play.

Any conspiracy would go much deeper than Caldwell, he's just a puppet. It would go all the way to Irsay himself. How else do we explain our owner sitting on his hands and nonchalantly tweeting as his team reaches new levels of futility week after week. :wall:

If anyone, anywhere in this organization, were a part of a conspiracy, it would have been made public by now. That's just ridiculous to think otherwise and you guys are grasping at straws that don't even exist. No matter who's at the top, and no matter who's been hired, some coach, or some player, would never sell out to lose on purpose, and they would expose this crap in a heartbeat.

Also, if Caldwell is just a puppet, then how can he be blamed for bad coaching?

If he's the one coaching us to losses, then how can he be a puppet?

Can't be both.

Caldwell isn't being told what to say at the podium, and he's obviously aware of what's going on from the micro level during the game, to the macro level in terms of overall effort. He is intelligent, and thoughtful when he speaks. You guys are clueless if you think anything less. Your intra-contradictory statements prove as much.

I'm not saying he's a good coach. We just have no idea at this point. The Colts were slammed by a perfect storm this year, and we are struggling to find a semblance of anything positive.

You guys say we have a terrible team, yet you blame it on the coaching. Which is it? Do the players suck? Or are we not making adjustments? Even if we were making adjustments, would those adjustments matter if our players are as terrible as everyone seems to think, and they can't execute anyway?

Again, it can't be both in the context some of you provide.

Peyton Manning is the greatest to ever play the game (which makes King's comments on NBC just flat-out insulting by suggesting Eli is in Peyton's league, and has always been more clutch), but even he can't do everything on his own. He has won, and has been to two Super Bowls because the team, the coaches, and everything in between, has worked at the right time. That's how any organizations wins it all.

Edited by doogansquest

If anyone, anywhere in this organization, were a part of a conspiracy, it would have been made public by now. That's just ridiculous to think otherwise and you guys are grasping at straws that don't even exist. No matter who's at the top, and no matter who's been hired, some coach, or some player, would never sell out to lose on purpose, and they would expose this crap in a heartbeat.

Also, if Caldwell is just a puppet, then how can he be blamed for bad coaching?

If he's the one coaching us to losses, then how can he be a puppet?

Can't be both.

Caldwell isn't being told what to say at the podium, and he's obviously aware of what's going on from the micro level during the game, to the macro level in terms of overall effort. He is intelligent, and thoughtful when he speaks. You guys are clueless if you think anything less. Your intra-contradictory statements prove as much.

I'm not saying he's a good coach. We just have no idea at this point. The Colts were slammed by a perfect storm this year, and we are struggling to find a semblance of anything positive.

You guys say we have a terrible team, yet you blame it on the coaching. Which is it? Do the players suck? Or are we not making adjustments? Even if we were making adjustments, would those adjustments matter if our players are as terrible as everyone seems to think, and they can't execute anyway?

Again, it can't be both in the context some of you provide.

Peyton Manning is the greatest to ever play the game (which makes King's comments on NBC just flat-out insulting by suggesting Eli is in Peyton's league, and has always been more clutch), but even he can't do everything on his own. He has won, and has been to two Super Bowls because the team, the coaches, and everything in between, has worked at the right time. That's how any organizations wins it all.

I am never really serious in these conspiracy type threads. But do find it fun to feed into it. Just saying that a conspiracy of that magnitude would have to go to Irsay more so than Caldwell. Probably should've used the smiley icon instead of the head banger. LOL

I am never really serious in these conspiracy type threads. But do find it fun to feed into it. Just saying that a conspiracy of that magnitude would have to go to Irsay more so than Caldwell. Probably should've used the smiley icon instead of the head banger. LOL

Nice signature at the bottom.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

nobody is going to put their butt on the line out there on the field if the guy next to him is not going to do it. so what happens is that no one cares right now, there's NOTHING to play for, the season is a complete and total bust (thanks to Caldwell), and they just don't want to be out there getting embarrassed like this. Seriously, it's embarrassing for them. Some of the guys in the locker room getting interviewed after the game could hardly even talk about it.

Edited by chrisfarley

Peyton covered up Dungy's inability to motivate the team. If Dungy was such a great coach why did we lose so many playoff games when we were the better team?

because as much as fans don't want to hear this we weren't the better team...

Under Dungy we got blown out by the Jets that were clearly a better team, lost twice to the Pats a better team, lost to the Steelers because of rest and lost to the Chargers twice that even though we had a better record than was still just a horriable match up for us and that has been backed up that we are something like 1-5 vs the Chargers since 05. So I would say under Dungy we lost once in the playoffs to a team that we were better than.

Edited by GoColts8818