Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy is next stop on D’Qwell Jackson’s tour

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are better options than him, but at least this shows we are interested in an ILB. I was worried we would go with Muamba.

I'm not worried about playing Muamba, and I say give him a shot. How many people do you think said the same about Freeman? 

I'm not worried about playing Muamba, and I say give him a shot. How many people do you think said the same about Freeman? 

Freeman is an exception. Most of those guys from Canada don't last too long. I'm not judging Muamba. I haven't seen him play. I just don't think it would be wise to assume he's our guy.

There are better options than him, but at least this shows we are interested in an ILB. I was worried we would go with Muamba.

Yip!

You can`t always get what you want

But if you try sometimes well you just might find

You get what you need.

He may be the best available to US when it gets down and dirty. Go Colts!

I would think McNary would get the nod over Muamba. McNary was pretty good in the Nickel last year. If for some reason we were to sign Jackson, I would think McNary would still be the Nickel.

Yip!

You can`t always get what you want

But if you try sometimes well you just might find

You get what you need.

He may be the best available to US when it gets down and dirty. Go Colts!

Freeman is an exception. Most of those guys from Canada don't last too long. I'm not judging Muamba. I haven't seen him play. I just don't think it would be wise to assume he's our guy.

Am I the only one wondering if Muamba could possibly transition to Safety?

He's 6-0, 238 pounds. Landry is 6-0 226 pounds.

That'd be a vicious hit coming across the middle! ;)

I wasn't assuming he's our guy, as I am aware that ILB is a need this offseason. If Grigs' idea is to bring in D'Qwell in a leadership role; then okay. But I think we give Muamba and McNary a shot. IMO it's our secondary first, ILB 2nd, then some DL rotation for our defensive offseason. 

I liked what I saw from McNary but haven't watched D'Qwell at all. I'm assuming he's a big upgrade over Kavell and Pat? Any opinions on this?

Huge upgrade from what I could see.. Makes a ton of tackles.. And doesn't miss hardly any games.. Makes plays as well.. Seems to play with a edge..

I like his style..

I would think McNary would get the nod over Muamba. McNary was pretty good in the Nickel last year. If for some reason we were to sign Jackson, I would think McNary would still be the Nickel.

I think McNary and Muamba both have a lot of potential, but both are still a bit raw (it is probably too early for me to say that about Muamba, but I think it's safe to assume he is a work-in-progress).  Jackson is 30 years old, and has had a very solid career up to this point.  Coach Chud will be able to give our FO a good assessment of Jackson -- I would be very happy if we signed him to a 2 year contract and had him play a mentor role for McNary and Muamba while they learn to harness their potential.

I've got McNary starting next to Freeman, with Muamba as the #3 guy.  Sheppard is the #4 guy that I'd be trying to improve upon (or force off the roster).  None of this spells "dire need" to me at ILB.  However, I'd be open to D'Quell Jackson or a late-round guy to improve depth.  (We also love to keep extra ILBs for ST.)

Can't we work a trade with either Dallas or Tampa? Both run the Tampa 2 and these guys are perfect fits.

I'd hate to A. get nothing for them and B. fool around knowing we're not going to keep them.

I doubt the colts would get any offers in a trade market.. But a desperate teams could pitch us a low draft pick.. I mean anything is possible.

I've got McNary starting next to Freeman, with Muamba as the #3 guy.  Sheppard is the #4 guy that I'd be trying to improve upon (or force off the roster).  None of this spells "dire need" to me at ILB.  However, I'd be open to D'Quell Jackson or a late-round guy to improve depth.  (We also love to keep extra ILBs for ST.)

I kind of don't want to throw McNary or Muamba to the wolves yet. McNary is a heck of a blitz package guy.. I say keep his legs fresh and bring him down on certain blitz packages..

Jackson is a every down type of player..

Pagano should know him from his time with the Ravens too. From what I've heard from Browns fans is that he's gone slightly downhill the past two years but used to be a great player for them.

even though they claim he's gone downhill a little the last couple years, the question remains, would he still be an upgrade over what the Colts had last year?

Henoc the Smasher

Love to know what his 40 is i guess.

Maybe a VG run stufffing 2 down ILB to start with sounds like a winner to me. Lets play ball.

103240485-henoc-muamba.jpgHenoc_Muamba_2011_24929.JPG

Can't we work a trade with either Dallas or Tampa? Both run the Tampa 2 and these guys are perfect fits.

I'd hate to A. get nothing for them and B. fool around knowing we're not going to keep them.

How would we work a trade when both are set to become FA's? Not to mention Angerer hasn't actually been healthy the last couple years, Conner only has 1 year of decent production as well, Really when it comes down to it not real good production actually , I believe the position we would get the best out of him is as OLB, He was very productive in that role in college, excellent blitzer from that spot

@MikeWellsNFL 31s

One note about LB D'Qwell Jackson is that he was upset when the Browns fired Chudzinski as coach. The Colts hired Chudzinski last month

Was he upset they fired Chud or was he upset they fired their VERY GOOD D.C. Ray Horton (who is now in Tennessee)?

Well, he went to Tennessee first and left without a deal.

FWIW