Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy is next stop on D’Qwell Jackson’s tour

So Jackson is free to sign with a team before March 11th correct?

yeah i think if you get cut you can start signing contracts immediately instead of waiting til March 11.  

Sounds like this guy would be an improvement but at his age perhaps we should keep the contract short, say 2 years??  

As far as the guy from Canada.  We'll see him in training camp, if he has the talent I'm sure Pagano will find ways to rotate him into the line-up.  But you can't rely on him being your guy.  

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also was drafted for a different type of defense than we currently run. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him land in Tampa.

I think he is a 4-3 Mike or preferably Will Linebacker, Coming forward he is good, going sideline to sideline he was alright prior to injuries...still might be if totally healthy.......Back in coverage? Not so much

Can't we work a trade with either Dallas or Tampa? Both run the Tampa 2 and these guys are perfect fits.

I'd hate to A. get nothing for them and B. fool around knowing we're not going to keep them.

You need to study up on what an Unrestricted FA is.

How can you not KNOW Angerer is not good in this D and Conner is just OK but doesn`t come to work a lot?

You thank them for their service and breath a sigh of relief as they go out the door.

yeah i think if you get cut you can start signing contracts immediately instead of waiting til March 11.  

Sounds like this guy would be an improvement but at his age perhaps we should keep the contract short, say 2 years??  

As far as the guy from Canada.  We'll see him in training camp, if he has the talent I'm sure Pagano will find ways to rotate him into the line-up.  But you can't rely on him being your guy.  

Yep..otherwise he wouldn't even be able to make visits to teams. :)

Personally, I don't really like the idea of outbidding other teams and shelling out a large contract for an inside linebacker who will be 31 years old in September. Same goes for Brent Grimes. Great players, but how long until they decline?

Not saying I wouldn't like to see him land here. As good as Freeman was, he did have some games where he looked lost (San Diego being one). The idea of D'Qwell as our #1 ILB with Freeman next to him is really appealing. But at what price and for how long will D'Qwell keep playing at a Pro Bowl level?

Freeman didn't look lost he was asked to cover the leagues quickest 3rd down back and then got concussion in the 2nd quarter which lead to our defense looking extremely putrid with Mario Harvey (lokking like Josh Chapman) playing the mike lb

@RobertMathis98: The Colts defense needs new members to turn up the bluheat.....maybe we should take a ride down 5200 Jackson Street........ #iTsOn

Umm Mathis is kind of making it obvious from this tweet couple hours ago

haha cool.

Either way, we should know soon.

I have a feeling that D'Quell is going to be singing this song shortly...It would be just our luck...Guess we'll find out in the next few days.

"Party in the city where the heat is on
All night on the beach till the break of dawn
Welcome to Miami

(Bienvenido a Miami)

Bouncing in the club where the heat is on
All night on the beach till the break of dawn
I'm going to Miami
Welcome to Miami"

@RobertMathis98: The Colts defense needs new members to turn up the bluheat.....maybe we should take a ride down 5200 Jackson Street........ #iTsOn

Umm Mathis is kind of making it obvious from this tweet couple hours ago

Well I'm sold