Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guess who the most injury-riddled team is?

IndyScribe

Kinda makes you wonder about our field turf....it seems to have been a factor in doing in Reggie.

:no: :no: :no: :no:

Andrew underthrowing Reggie did Reggie in. And our offensive line not blocking for Andrew for him to make a better pass did Reggie in

:no: :no:

Andrew underthrowing Reggie did Reggie in. And our offensive line not blocking for Andrew for him to make a better pass did Reggie in

Yep if Luck put that pass on the money there is no injury.  Reggie was forced to bend his body in a way that it's meant to go because of the pass and that's what caused the injury.  Before someone takes that as a shot at Luck, Luck is still a really good young QB he just made a bad pass. 

Yep if Luck put that pass on the money there is no injury. Reggie was forced to bend his body in a way that it's meant to go because of the pass and that's what caused the injury. Before someone takes that as a shot at Luck, Luck is still a really good young QB he just made a bad pass.

Well, here's my shot at Andrew. He did the SAME pass in round 1 vs Kansas City to Ty Hilton. Thank God Hilton just fell to the ground instead of fully trying to stop and come back

Well, here's my shot at Andrew. He did the SAME pass in round 1 vs Kansas City to Ty Hilton. Thank God Hilton just fell to the ground instead of fully trying to stop and come back

Yeah Andrew can be a little wild at times.  I'd still take him over any other young QB in the league and over most veteran QBs in the NFL but he does have an issue with being wild at times.

I'm guessing number of games missed by starters maybe? 

Just gonna go out on a limb and say that this looks less than official...

Of course, we all know that the Colts have been ravaged by injuries. I just don't know whether this chart says or means anything...

Some pretty sad conclusions floating around here, and there has for some time.

Every QB who has ever eaten a twiglet throws a ball slightly off centre about 6 times a game. Blaming Andrew on Reggie's injury is weak to say the least.

It's like saying Reggie never adjusted his feet in time.

These things happen. It was no ones 'fault'.

Or maybe it was Pep for calling the wrong play.

Just gonna go out on a limb and say that this looks less than official...

Of course, we all know that the Colts have been ravaged by injuries. I just don't know whether this chart says or means anything...

And the funny part is that the 5 least injury-riddled teams on that list have all smelt for pretty much the entire time.

Some pretty sad conclusions floating around here, and there has for some time.

Every QB who has ever eaten a twiglet throws a ball slightly off centre about 6 times a game. Blaming Andrew on Reggie's injury is weak to say the least.

It's like saying Reggie never adjusted his feet in time.

These things happen. It was no ones 'fault'.

Or maybe it was Pep for calling the wrong play.

Exactly, you can say Luck threw a bad pass. But he didn't hyperextended Reggie's leg by planting it a crazy way. He just didn't get his feet adjust for the bad throw. It happens. Could of been turfs fault more so than Lucks

Richard Howell has been the assistant strength and conditioning coach for 14 seasons.  Time for a release.

Wait, you're blaming the ASSISTANT!?! Maradino has been the guy the last two seasons, Jon Torine was the Strength and Conditioning coach for 14 years prior to Maradino. I don't think Howell is to blame.

Yep if Luck put that pass on the money there is no injury.  Reggie was forced to bend his body in a way that it's meant to go because of the pass and that's what caused the injury.  Before someone takes that as a shot at Luck, Luck is still a really good young QB he just made a bad pass. 

I don't think that's true GoC...or certainly not provable..

If his ACL was in danger of popping....it was inevitable...nobody hit Reggie and he's bent back for passes before

Luck's pass was bad but the fact that it was a non-contact injury means to me that it was likely to happen soon...

Get freaking real.  Bad throws happen ALL THE TIME. 

There's gonna be a lot of bad throws from Luck just how it works cant always be perfect.  Maybe Reggie's joints, ligaments and just plain bad luck (no pun intended) were to blame. 

Get freaking real. Bad throws happen ALL THE TIME.

There's gonna be a lot of bad throws from Luck just how it works cant always be perfect. Maybe Reggie's joints, ligaments and just plain bad luck (no pun intended) were to blame.

:facepalm:

Yes; a player who hasn't been injured since the earlier 2000's is to blame. Makes perfect sense

Wait, you're blaming the ASSISTANT!?! Maradino has been the guy the last two seasons, Jon Torine was the Strength and Conditioning coach for 14 years prior to Maradino. I don't think Howell is to blame.

Maybe Howell is secretly the main coach.  IDK

If his ACL was in danger of popping....it was inevitable...nobody hit Reggie and he's bent back for passes before

Luck's pass was bad but the fact that it was a non-contact injury means to me that it was likely to happen soon...

Yeah, if not then, when he tried to plant and change direction later in the game. Luck's pass contributed, but given the way it happened, it seems likely that it just would have happened at some point no matter what.

5 of the 7 least injured teams on that list use field turf.

Yeah. It's been tested strenuously and doesn't freeze like grass and dirt, and provides more shock absorption. It's definitely safer. Anyone remember the carpet rolled over concrete? Now that stuff was dangerous.

Luck's pass was bad but the fact that it was a non-contact injury means to me that it was likely to happen soon...

Sorry mark but that is just not close to accurate. Non contact torn acl's to happen all the time to healthy knees.

ACLs can pop if you put too much stress on it like what happened on the Reggie play.  Would it have happened later in the season?  Maybe but I highly doubt it happens on that play if Luck puts that pass on the money.  The pass by Luck helped cause that injury at that point in time.  Why do you think Luck felt so awful about it after the game?  He knows he made a mistake and it help lead to the injury of teammate.