Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luke Kuechly wins DPOY

MTC

To me, Quinn and Watt should have gotten in the top 4 over both Sherman and Kuechly. Yet again, the voters snub another Colt player. TY burned Sherman a lot during the Colts/Seattle game, and even said after the game, I didn't talk any crap to him. He knows he can't stay on TY, which is why they put Browner on him and he got burnt as well.

what a crock. kuechly has guys just as good playing with him like hardy and johnson. mathis has no one to help him rush the passer

I agree with you about the advantage Kuechly had playing with that D-line in front of him.  Mathis did not really have anyone else on the Colts' D-line that opponents had to put extra attention on.

Not at all surprising. 

The one that most makes me :facepalm: is rivers for comeback player of the year.

He wasn't hurt last year, he just sucked. Big time. 

And now they give him an award because he didn't suck, whereas a guy like Jason Peters had this tumultuous road to recovery and comes back and plays exceedingly well and it's not as impressive as a guy who just didn't perform.

... Right. :thmup:  

Not at all surprising.

The one that most makes me :facepalm: is rivers for comeback player of the year.

He wasn't hurt last year, he just sucked. Big time.

And now they give him an award because he didn't suck, whereas a guy like Jason Peters had this tumultuous road to recovery and comes back and plays exceedingly well and it's not as impressive as a guy who just didn't perform.

... Right. :thmup:

Hey, he came back from sucking... and will probably go back to it next year. The completion percentage was pretty impressive, and apparently the same can be said for his attempts at making babies. The guy has a lot.

Mathis was a quarterback wrecking ball that would make Miley Cyrus envious.

He was my pick to win before the season, and my pick to win now. He's an outstanding player who changes games by himself and his teammates have admitted to making everyone around him better.

That defense is not a top 3 D without Kuechly. Outstanding player in the box, and has the best instincts I've seen from a young linebacker in a long time. Very deserving pick and I'm happy he won.

All of the players were deserving of the award but Kuechly was the best player and had the biggest impact. Mathis was our MVP and the best pass rusher in the league but one of the reasons he didn't win it was because of his run defense. Kuechly was the best against the run and he was above average in coverage. He also had to make all of the defensive signals and audibles to get his team in the right plays. His football IQ is the best i've seen since Ray Lewis and he was well deserving of this award.

All of the players were deserving of the award but Kuechly was the best player and had the biggest impact. Mathis was our MVP and the best pass rusher in the league but one of the reasons he didn't win it was because of his run defense. Kuechly was the best against the run and he was above average in coverage. He also had to make all of the defensive signals and audibles to get his team in the right plays. His football IQ is the best i've seen since Ray Lewis and he was well deserving of this award.

Kuechly is bad in coverage. Not even close to "above average."  

Why was Vontaze Burfict not even nominated?  He had 15 more tackles than Kuechly

Because

1) He wasn't hyped enough. Kuechly won this award purely off of hype.

2) Tackles are a useless stat.

Burfict was more deserving tho. 

Kuechly should have been behind these guys (in no order)

Willis

Bowman

Lovantae David

JJ Watt

Richard Sherman

Darrelle Revis

Robert Quinn

Justin Houston

Tamba Hali

Robert Mathis

Earl Thomas

Burfict

Derrick Johnson

....and a bunch of other players I can't think of right now

The 50 members of the associated press who voted for him would disagree and i would think that they would know a lot more about who's deserving of the award then you would. There's never been a controversy in the past of DPOY and Kuechly deserved it. If he was so "bad in coverage" they wouldn't have voted for him. He didn't win it because of hype he won it because he was the best defensive player.

Kuechly is bad in coverage. Not even close to "above average."  

The 50 members of the associated press who voted for him would disagree and i would think that they would know a lot more about who's deserving of the award then you would. There's never been a controversy in the past of DPOY and Kuechly deserved it. If he was so "bad in coverage" they wouldn't have voted for him. He didn't win it because of hype he won it because he was the best defensive player.

13 AP members voted for Luke, not 50, and 1 of the infallible AP members voted for Tom Brady for NFL MVP.

Freeman had a better stat line then Luke did.  Freeman had 6 ff, 5.5 sacks and 2 int's  Luke had30 more tackles (which equates to 1.875 more tackles a game) 2 more picks and 0 FF.  I'm okay if you don't give it to Mathis but giving it to Luke was just a big whiff IMO.  

These are the same people that claimed we would be 8-8, Manning is done and a litinay of other *ic statments.  These people aren't infallible so don't put them on a pedestal.  Its the best Defensive player, not the guy with the most hype or they guy who called signals for the D.  Heck there are players on EVERY team that call defensive signals.  

Am I upset Mathis didn't win, sure but if Mathis wasn't going to win at least give it to someone who is the best Defensive player

Because

1) He wasn't hyped enough. Kuechly won this award purely off of hype.

2) Tackles are a useless stat.

Burfict was more deserving tho.

Kuechly should have been behind these guys (in no order)

Willis

Bowman

Lovantae David

JJ Watt

Richard Sherman

Darrelle Revis

Robert Quinn

Justin Houston

Tamba Hali

Robert Mathis

Earl Thomas

Burfict