Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LUCKS RIVAL

Nesjan3

Luck's rival will be Rivers for the next 5-7 years because he's the only great QB in the AFC that's still in his prime. After that i think it will be Tannehill for 7 -10 years because Brady will be retired and that should be the Dolphins division to win consistently.

I totally agree with you, Tannehill is the only young QB in the AFC other then Luck at the moment that could ever become an "elite" quarterback, although right now he is still far from it

Luck's rival will be Rivers for the next 5-7 years because he's the only great QB in the AFC that's still in his prime. After that i think it will be Tannehill for 7 -10 years because Brady will be retired and that should be the Dolphins division to win consistently.

I think throwing 55 TD's means you are in your prime.

Peyton only has a year or two tops he's already 37 years old, he can't be Luck's rival. Peyton and Brady are rivals and one of the top 2 greatest rivals in sports along with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. I know he's still great but depending on what the doctors say about his neck, he might retire if they win the superbowl. Father time is undefeated it happens to all the great legends in sports, he can't play forever. 

I think throwing 55 TD's means you are in your prime.

Peyton only has a year or two tops he's already 37 years old, he can't be Luck's rival. Peyton and Brady are rivals and one of the top 2 greatest rivals in sports along with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. I know he's still great but depending on what the doctors say about his neck, he might retire if they win the superbowl. Father time is undefeated it happens to all the great legends in sports, he can't play forever. 

Luck could be the best QB in a few years. Peyton and Brady are on their way out. Aaron Rodgers is 30, and can play a few more years. The only QB I could see challenging Luck is Wilson.

Were talking about the same conference, Wilson is in the NFC. They wouldn't play eachother until every 4 years or in the superbowl so it really couldn't be a rivalry. Rivers and Tannehill will both play Luck a lot in the future in the AFC.

Luck could be the best QB in a few years. Peyton and Brady are on their way out. Aaron Rodgers is 30, and can play a few more years. The only QB I could see challenging Luck is Wilson.

Were talking about the same conference, Wilson is in the NFC. They wouldn't play eachother until every 4 years or in the superbowl so it really couldn't be a rivalry. Rivers and Tannehill will both play Luck a lot in the future in the AFC.

Oh ok. My bad. Rivers is 32, so he'll have about 3-4 years ahead of him. I think the closest would be Tannehill-Luck, but I can see Luck surpassing Tannehill by a lot.

I personally want to see the Texans draft Manziel and the Jags draft Clowney. This will separate Watt and Clowney from playing together in case Clowney becomes a great player, and I believe Manziel is the biggest risk of the "elite" 3 qbs that will go early in this draft. I can almost guarantee that either Manziel or Clowney will be a bust, and hopefully either the Texans or Jaguars (preferably the Texans with Manziel) will take a huge hit that will hurt them for a few years.

You don't have the best season ever if you are not in your prime. That is all I said. And 'Father Time' is just a system QB.

I could see Bortles being Lucks rival for both of their careers. I'm not really too impressed by Bridgewater and Manziel as where Bortles has the potential to be an elite qb. I'd rather face someone with the ceiling of Phillip Rivers than the ceiling of an Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers twice a year and in the division.

I could see Bortles being Lucks rival for both of their careers. I'm not really too impressed by Bridgewater and Manziel as where Bortles has the potential to be an elite qb. I'd rather face someone with the ceiling of Phillip Rivers than the ceiling of an Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers twice a year and in the division.

^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^    and Tannehill.

As a Louisville fan, honestly, what does not impress you about Bridgewater?  I see his only real knock as he is a little smaller than a prototypical QB.  He can make all the throws, is tough, and his accuracy is unquestioned.

Clowney is not that special.

The guy has an aura built around him because of one big play in a bowl game.

Anyone I know could have made the hit he did. No one blocked him. 

Just like denard robinson and RGIII of the past two drafts they are making something out of nothing. 

Completely agree with this.  I mean, I think he is worthy of a top 3 pick, and whether he succeeds in the NFL remains to be seen.  But I agree most with you on the point that he is overhyped because of that one play.  And maybe overhype isn't the right word, I just think that people put more stock in that one play than they probably should.  He does have a few red flags with work ethic (though some think he's matured), but we'll see how that pans out. 

Clowney is not that special.

The guy has an aura built around him because of one big play in a bowl game.

Anyone I know could have made the hit he did. No one blocked him. 

Just like denard robinson and RGIII of the past two drafts they are making something out of nothing. 

The lowdown on Clowney is that he doesn't really enjoy the game of football, and that he practices and plays like he's just going through the motions at times. I would love to see the Texans waste a #1 on him. If they don't go with Clowney, and decide to go for a QB, I'd love that even more. There isn't a clear "franchise" QB on the board this year, but they may have to go that route because outside of Josh McCown the FA market is even worse. They might be better off trading their #1 pick and trying to get by with Keenum for another year or so.

I actually think the possibility of Luck and Wilson being rivals.  Not in the sense that they always will go against each other.  But Luck was a #1 pick and wilson was drafted in the 3rd round.  This is a similar arguement for Manning and Brady.  Wilson is in a Superbowl now, and luck has thrown lots of picks in the playoffs.  Another similar comparison to Brady and Manning.  So in those kinds of ways, I think they will be compared together just like Brady and Manning are.

Probably not. I see the Texans drafting Clowney, and the Browns drafting Manziel. If the Texans do draft Manziel, they'll probably trade him for Clowney if the Browns draft Clowney.

I could see a pre-draft trade of draft picks where the Texans fleece the Browns of our old first rounder that we traded for Trent and the Browns 2015 first round pick so that the Browns can move to #1 and pick Manziel.  

Then the Texans move down and maybe get Clowney or some other player at #4 and draft their QB using our old first round pick.  Wouldn't surprise me if they traded away their 2nd to try and get Cousins or some vet as an insurance policy in case their drafted QB isn't ready to play right away.  

This quite frankly is a nightmare scenario if the Texans are able to fleece the Browns of draft picks just so the Browns can get Manziel that they have a frighteningly strange man-crush on.

I could see a pre-draft trade of draft picks where the Texans fleece the Browns of our old first rounder that we traded for Trent and the Browns 2015 first round pick so that the Browns can move to #1 and pick Manziel.  

Then the Texans move down and maybe get Clowney or some other player at #4 and draft their QB using our old first round pick.  Wouldn't surprise me if they traded away their 2nd to try and get Cousins or some vet as an insurance policy in case their drafted QB isn't ready to play right away.  

This quite frankly is a nightmare scenario if the Texans are able to fleece the Browns of draft picks just so the Browns can get Manziel that they have a frighteningly strange man-crush on.

Yep. If they do draft a QB with our pick, it wouldn't be any of the top prospects though. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans offered this trade and the Browns took it.

Yep. If they do draft a QB with our pick, it wouldn't be any of the top prospects though. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans offered this trade and the Browns took it.

Depends on how quick the QB's go off the board.  

But even then they could use that #4 pick on a QB and use our old pick another need.  

But I do think it's scary with the Browns having a man crush on Manziel.  The Browns are stupid and can easily be fleeced of some first rounders.  And the funny thing is that the Browns could probably get Manziel at #4.  All the Texans have to do is pretend they are interested in drafting him and the Browns will be throwing first rounders at them.  

Hahahaha probably not. I do think we could be competitive with the right qb in place.

Its not Manziel (we all can agree on that) 

Not Bortles

I personally like Bridgewater, and I feel Bortles will eventually be the best of all 3.  I personally hope Jacksonville does turn the corner.  Gus Bradley had the team playing pretty good football the second half.  Welcome to the forum!!  :)

I personally like Bridgewater, and I feel Bortles will eventually be the best of all 3.  I personally hope Jacksonville does turn the corner.  Gus Bradley had the team playing pretty good football the second half.  Welcome to the forum!!   :)

Bortles is good, be is lacking a certain refinement from his game.

All the great ones had a certain level of refinement

People like Bortles of the big body but has no where close to being a Luck-type. He is more of a Big Ben

Bridgewater albeit slighter framed comes with that refinement in his game, can do everything well.

I have heard that narrative before with qbs...

Bortles is good, be is lacking a certain refinement from his game.

All the great ones had a certain level of refinement

People like Bortles of the big body but has no where close to being a Luck-type. He is more of a Big Ben

Bridgewater albeit slighter framed comes with that refinement in his game, can do everything well.

I have heard that narrative before with qbs...

I agree on Bortles.  That was why I said "eventually."