Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay says he is rooting for Peyton

chad72

Not sure why it didnt sink for you in when this was a topic back in October but Irsays comments were directed more towards Polian than Mannning. The Colts failed to put a complete team (mostly on the defensive side of the ball) around Manning...that was his point.

Right that is exactly my point. Irsay specifically said Manning was putting up star wars numbers and not enough rings which was a shot at Polian. But here is Manning with star wars numbers and the chance at a ring. That part has to burn him as that is only human nature.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've moved on and never said you haven't had success in Indy. You obviously have. I'm just find it hard to believe after he released the guy for a younger player, made the two rings speech in the locker room, opened the dome to let cold air in to play head games , etc, that he's overjoyed this quarterback may win that second Super Bowl ring he covets, for Denver. It just goes against human nature in a competitive environment like the NFL. I'm not saying Irsay shouldn't have made the move to Luck, but when you make it, and some other team gets your Super Bowl ring, it can be tough. That being said, it will be tough for Manning to beat Seattle .

Poor Peyton had to play in those harsh mid October Indianapolis conditions and all those Irsay headgames...it just wasnt fair. :headspin:

Right that is exactly my point. Irsay specifically said Manning was putting up star wars numbers and not enough rings which was a shot at Polian. But here is Manning with star wars numbers and the chance at a ring. That part has to burn him as that is only human nature.

Im sure you ( like Skip Bayless) thought his neck,his hit on the salary cap and his career were going to be perfectly fine and the Colts were making a huge mistake.

Im sure you ( like Skip Bayless) thought his neck,his hit on the salary cap and his career were going to be perfectly fine and the Colts were making a huge mistake.

No, I think the Colts made the right decision. I have said that many times. As even if Manning wins the SB this year, you still have 10+ years with Luck. My point is that it raises the pressure on Irsay to get a ring with Luck and that was his own doing given his comments earlier this year. That is why it has to be bitter sweet for him IMO.

In my opinion, neither the Broncos or the Ravens are bitter rivals. I'm sure Jim doesn't care. Doesn't seem the type to hold onto decade long grudges, over things out of his control.

Maybe not bitter rivals, but AFC rivals, not on par with NE for you guys, but teams you generally have to get past in the AFC. Jim generally comes off as a devil may care, ex - hippie sort , but when he loses, you tend to see a more competitive owner-type come out .

Poor Peyton had to play in those harsh mid October Indianapolis conditions and all those Irsay headgames...it just wasnt fair. :headspin:

Irsay can do what he wants with the dome, and put on distracting ceremonies Peyton clearly did not want to deal with that night. That is where the disingenuous part comes in. He goes in the Colts locker room after that game, and repeats that you are not a Colt if you don't want another ring. Besides this being an obvious statement, it followed all the ring talk earlier in the week before the game about Polian and Manning's failures to get him a second ring. He tried to clarify these statements, but looking at all the actions before , during , and after, the only result Irsay wants is a second ring for the Colts. The Denver/Manning winning the Super Bowl is polite lip service.

Irsay can do what he wants with the dome, and put on distracting ceremonies Peyton clearly did not want to deal with that night. That is where the disingenuous part comes in. He goes in the Colts locker room after that game, and repeats that you are not a Colt if you don't want another ring. Besides this being an obvious statement, it followed all the ring talk earlier in the week before the game about Polian and Manning's failures to get him a second ring. He tried to clarify these statements, but looking at all the actions before , during , and after, the only result Irsay wants is a second ring for the Colts. The Denver/Manning winning the Super Bowl is polite lip service.

And what's wrong with that? 

I'm sure Irsay doesn't go to bed at night thinking about how much he hopes Manning gets another ring. But as someone who he spent a decade and a half with, it's not surprising to find out that he hopes good things happen for Manning. I don't personally see it as polite lip service, but even if it is, what's wrong with that?

Or maybe 18 told his old boss you'll be my plus 1 going  to Disney World .

I've moved on and never said you haven't had success in Indy. You obviously have. I'm just find it hard to believe after he released the guy for a younger player, made the two rings speech in the locker room, opened the dome to let cold air in to play head games , etc, that he's overjoyed this quarterback may win that second Super Bowl ring he covets, for Denver. It just goes against human nature in a competitive environment like the NFL. I'm not saying Irsay shouldn't have made the move to Luck, but when you make it, and some other team gets your Super Bowl ring, it can be tough. That being said, it will be tough for Manning to beat Seattle .

There you go trying to pass your opinion off as fact again when you can look at fact and see there is reason to think your opinion could very well be wrong.

Fact:  It was in the 50's that night.

Fact:  That was a prime-time game.

Fact:  There was no rain.

Fact:  Since LOS has been open if there was no rain and the temp was in the 50's or above and it was a prime-time game the roof has always been open. 

Did head games factor into it? Maybe but Peyton played several games in LOS with an open roof and now plays all his home games in Denver including three to four that are normally far colder and worse than what he saw that night in LOS.  I would dare say the roof being open or closed that night had zero impact on Manning.  The head game, if there were any, would have been how the Indy crowd responded to him and the video.  That did far more to impact Peyton that night than anything else. 

Before you go down that rabbit hole the Colts have always shown a video when other star former players have come back to Indy for their first game against the Colts, did it for Edge, Stokley, and Saturday and Irsay can't control how the fans are going to respond to Peyton.  Had Irsay not done one for Manning that would have been a bigger story than him doing one because again, precedent says they do thank you videos for former players if they do don't do that when maybe the greatest player in franchise history comes back but you do it for others then they are sending a message. 

I think your idea that Irsay played mind games with Manning goes back to a story you want to be true in that there must be a problem between Irsay and Manning (and you've made enough posts over the past year arguing for that to conclude that you think that must be true) than there is real proof to suggest it is.  Irsay and Manning had a divorce that's the best way to look at it.  They reached a point in their respective careers where their relationship no longer worked.  So they ended it.  I am sure like anyone who gets divorced there was a time where Irsay and Manning had hard feelings towards each other but after they got out of the raw emotion of the moment they moved on from that, at least all public signs says they have.  I am guessing the long plane ride the two had let them get everything out and talk through it.  How many teams do you know have a press conference for a guy they are releasing to let him say good bye?  Manning has said nice things about the Colts at times since he was released and Irsay has said many nice things about Manning.  My guess is once Peyton is done play you are going to see Manning honored several times over by the Colts and probably by the Broncos as well.  Irsay wouldn't do those things if he had truly bad feelings towards Manning.  Manning isn't going to spurn those moments either because he knows PR about as well as any pro-athlete can and he knows if he doesn't show up he'll be the one that is made into looking like a bad guy out of it and he also knows the people who truly get hurt by that are the fans who had nothing to do with this and he has gone out of his way more than once to let know he appreciates. 

Does that mean Manning and Irsay are best friends?  No and heck they probably aren't as close as they were when he was in Indy either but I also highly doubt the two are harboring hate for the other. 

Manning has made Irsay a filthy stinking rich man with shiny, new state-of-the-art stadium.  Therefore, I believe Irsay is sincere and genuine about his rooting for #18.  If he's rooting against Manning, after all Peyton has done for him, there is something seriously wrong with Mr. Irsay.

So all ther checks that Irsay wrote Manning didn't make Manning filthy stinking rich? The NFL is a business and Irsay invested in Manning and at one time made him the highest paid player in the NFL. For you to make it a point that makes it all down to money you overlook the personnal side of Irsay and Manning. Your comment seems to break it down as to what Manning did for Irsay. Irsay did draft him #1 and paid him a huge contract before any rookie contracts were cheap. Manning has earned every cent that has been paid him but it took an owner to fork out the cash in the first place. The popularity of the Colts and Manning made Irsay alot of money but the tax payers footed the bill for the state of the art stadium you mention.

I don't detest him, but I find some of his statements disingenuous . When you want two rings so bad , and you're pulling for the Denver quarterback you released, and the GM who was once a first round quarterback who humiliated your father and your team ? You are pulling for Baltimore in 2011, who , for obvious reasons, has not been too kind to your family ?

Either you are a complete saint, or pulling off some slick PR.

Why is that every comment or item that speaks of Irsay and Manning do you always want to throw a monkey wrench in it with something that you obviously have made up in your mind? You seem to always confuse Jim with Robert for some reason. You have long made it a point to discredit the Irsay family because of something that happened years ago. It has been hashed over so many times it has become pointless the Colts leaving Baltimore. It is real apparent you are not really a Colts fan as much as you are a Irsay hater. You speak of a slick PR move??  Really??  I see that same PR move in just about every post you make with you non stop constant digging at the Irsay family. It must be sad for you to have that much hate and resentment built up in you that it comsumes you every thought when it comes to the Colts. Fan is slang for fanatic and you fit that without a doubt.

Why is that every comment or item that speaks of Irsay and Manning do you always want to throw a monkey wrench in it with something that you obviously have made up in your mind? You seem to always confuse Jim with Robert for some reason. You have long made it a point to discredit the Irsay family because of something that happened years ago. It has been hashed over so many times it has become pointless the Colts leaving Baltimore. It is real apparent you are not really a Colts fan as much as you are a Irsay hater. You speak of a slick PR move??  Really??  I see that same PR move in just about every post you make with you non stop constant digging at the Irsay family. It must be sad for you to have that much hate and resentment built up in you that it comsumes you every thought when it comes to the Colts. Fan is slang for fanatic and you fit that without a doubt.

Look, I'm not going to say the Irsay's are my favorite family . I would easily prefer the Brady's , Partridge Family, or even the Bundys. However, I've acknowledged Jim has done a good job as owner since 1997, and is much better than Bob, so let's get that out of the way.

My point is as a competitive owner, I just don't see him overjoyed that his ex-quarterback and the GM that spurned his father, would win another ring, when he wants one so bad . As another forum said, if Manning wins, it will just stoke up the pressure on Luck. I think that if he's happy for Manning, it's because he's relieved that he's not the heavy, for what he had to do with Manning's release. I'm not sure Denver winning is a win-win for Indianapolis. It would only be a win if Manning loses to Seattle, and fails to get another ring. If he wins here , and gets another one , it's a disaster , and will only turn up more heat on Luck to win. I think Irsay thought Manning was finished with the neck injury, and made the long term decision, but that long term decision has to be commiserate by winning the same, or more, Super Bowl wins won by Manning and Denver. A Denver win , turns up the pressure cooker. A loss may very well validate Irsay's long term approach.

So all ther checks that Irsay wrote Manning didn't make Manning filthy stinking rich? The NFL is a business and Irsay invested in Manning and at one time made him the highest paid player in the NFL. For you to make it a point that makes it all down to money you overlook the personnal side of Irsay and Manning. Your comment seems to break it down as to what Manning did for Irsay. Irsay did draft him #1 and paid him a huge contract before any rookie contracts were cheap. Manning has earned every cent that has been paid him but it took an owner to fork out the cash in the first place. The popularity of the Colts and Manning made Irsay alot of money but the tax payers footed the bill for the state of the art stadium you mention.

Very well said. Thank you.

I stated that Irsay made Manning rich in a later post within this thread.  

I also said that he's receiving tax payer money within this thread.

But, it goes without saying, if Peyton played somewhere else, there's a good chance the Colts are in L.A. right now.  No Manning probably equals no Lucas Oil Stadium.  

Just a little speculation on my part.

Look, I'm not going to say the Irsay's are my favorite family . I would easily prefer the Brady's , Partridge Family, or even the Bundys. However, I've acknowledged Jim has done a good job as owner since 1997, and is much better than Bob, so let's get that out of the way.

My point is as a competitive owner, I just don't see him overjoyed that his ex-quarterback and the GM that spurned his father, would win another ring, when he wants one so bad . As another forum said, if Manning wins, it will just stoke up the pressure on Luck. I think that if he's happy for Manning, it's because he's relieved that he's not the heavy, for what he had to do with Manning's release. I'm not sure Denver winning is a win-win for Indianapolis. It would only be a win if Manning loses to Seattle, and fails to get another ring. If he wins here , and gets another one , it's a disaster , and will only turn up more heat on Luck to win. I think Irsay thought Manning was finished with the neck injury, and made the long term decision, but that long term decision has to be commiserate by winning the same, or more, Super Bowl wins won by Manning and Denver. A Denver win , turns up the pressure cooker. A loss may very well validate Irsay's long term approach.

I didn't even think of the Elway point. Given that, yeah I have a tough time believing Irsay wants to see Denver win it all even if he is still friends with Manning. Like I said earlier must be bitter sweet for him.

I didn't even think of the Elway point. Given that, yeah I have a tough time believing Irsay wants to see Denver win it all even if he is still friends with Manning. Like I said earlier must be bitter sweet for him.

It has to be totally bittersweet. Most of us like and respect Manning. He's a great guy, and an All- time great quarterback. If he wins a second ring , I would be happy for him personally , but the thought of Bowlen and Elway getting one here turns my stomach. I generally prefer the NFC team winning, as all of us go head to head hard in the AFC. It's nothing personal, but all of us have taken lumps losing to each other in heated AFC contests.

As an owner and competitor , you can only imagine how Irsay feels. You may like Peyton personally , but Denver winning amps up the pressure on you and Luck to win Super Bowls. I just think there has to be a lot more to it than him just being overjoyed for Peyton. Part of him has to want Manning to lose to validate his tough decision. Nine out of ten times when an owner made a decision on an aging quarterback with a bad neck, he would be 100% right , but this is Peyton Manning. He had no arm strength, went down to Duke and rebuilt himself , and then Denver and Elway believed in him and gave him a chance. It's a great story, but if you're the owner who had to make the move to Luck, and I think Irsay did for the long term, it has to be bittersweet. You say all the right things, but you're dying inside because you handed the keys to another Super Bowl ring to an AFC rival. If that ring wasn't so important, you wouldn't be making ring speeches after the Denver game. The whole thing was quite an unprecedented affair .

It has to be totally bittersweet. Most of us like and respect Manning. He's a great guy, and an All- time great quarterback. If he wins a second ring , I would be happy for him personally , but the thought of Bowlen and Elway getting one here turns my stomach. I generally prefer the NFC team winning, as all of us go head to head hard in the AFC. It's nothing personal, but all of us have taken lumps losing to each other in heated AFC contests.

As an owner and competitor , you can only imagine how Irsay feels. You may like Peyton personally , but Denver winning amps up the pressure on you and Luck to win Super Bowls. I just think there has to be a lot more to it than him just being overjoyed for Peyton. Part of him has to want Manning to lose to validate his tough decision. Nine out of ten times when an owner made a decision on an aging quarterback with a bad neck, he would be 100% right , but this is Peyton Manning. He had no arm strength, went down to Duke and rebuilt himself , and then Denver and Elway believed in him and gave him a chance. It's a great story, but if you're the owner who had to make the move to Luck, and I think Irsay did for the long term, it has to be bittersweet. You say all the right things, but you're dying inside because you handed the keys to another Super Bowl ring to an AFC rival. If that ring wasn't so important, you wouldn't be making ring speeches after the Denver game. The whole thing was quite an unprecedented affair .

Your points are really........well the only word I can think of that sums it up is, dumb.  Irsay is friends with Manning, that alone is reason enough for him to cheer for Manning to win another Super Bowl.  Also, you two know for a fact that Irsay does not like Elway?  First I have heard of this, maybe you could post the quotes where Irsay says he does not care for Elway as a person.  You guys are like some of the media, reading things into situations without actually knowing anything.

Your points are really........well the only word I can think of that sums it up is, dumb.  Irsay is friends with Manning, that alone is reason enough for him to cheer for Manning to win another Super Bowl.  Also, you two know for a fact that Irsay does not like Elway?  First I have heard of this, maybe you could post the quotes where Irsay says he does not care for Elway as a person.  You guys are like some of the media, reading things into situations without actually knowing anything.

How friendly are they ? We've only heard from Irsay on practically everything. Peyton has stayed quiet on pretty much all of Irsay's comments, so are they really friends or divorced business partners ? There is a big difference .

I'm not sure of what Irsay's relationship is with Elway, but if it was me , the way he treated my father and my team , I would never like the guy. Go take a look at Elway's arrogance during those press conferences in 1983, and you'll see the guy's character. He goaded the father into a ridiculous trade that was the final nail in the coffin in the Baltimore Colts era , and set up a lot of losing seasons1984-1997 for the Indianapolis Colts, as they searched for a quarterback they should have had, except for a selfish young man, and his father, who had something against Colts coach Frank Kush and Irsay. Elway flaunted the draft, and put himself above the league, and a draft system that makes things good and fair for all teams.

So you're going to tell me Elway humiliated your father and your team, and was responsible for many losing seasons by forcing a trade when you drafted him, and he's a buddy too ? He wouldn't be my friend. Where would you guys be if Peyton Manning took the same approach as Elway ? Thank god he had some principles unlike his brother Eli, who pulled the same stunt. If Irsay can forget all the misery Elway caused the Colts, tip of the hat. How ironic is it this is the guy who got Peyton to come to Denver? I think he likes to mess with the Irsay family.

How friendly are they ? We've only heard from Irsay on practically everything. Peyton has stayed quiet on pretty much all of Irsay's comments, so are they really friends or divorced business partners ? There is a big difference .

I'm not sure of what Irsay's relationship is with Elway, but if it was me , the way he treated my father and my team , I would never like the guy. Go take a look at Elway's arrogance during those press conferences in 1983, and you'll see the guy's character. He goaded the father into a ridiculous trade that was the final nail in the coffin in the Baltimore Colts era , and set up a lot of losing seasons1984-1997 for the Indianapolis Colts, as they searched for a quarterback they should have had, except for a selfish young man, and his father, who had something against Colts coach Frank Kush and Irsay. Elway flaunted the draft, and put himself above the league, and a draft system that makes things good and fair for all teams.

So you're going to tell me Elway humiliated your father and your team, and was responsible for many losing seasons by forcing a trade when you drafted him, and he's a buddy too ? He wouldn't be my friend. Where would you guys be if Peyton Manning took the same approach as Elway ? Thank god he had some principles unlike his brother Eli, who pulled the same stunt. If Irsay can forget all the misery Elway caused the Colts, tip of the hat. How ironic is it this is the guy who got Peyton to come to Denver? I think he likes to mess with the Irsay family.

What I am going to tell you is that you have no idea about Irsay's relationship with Elway, therefore your speculation is without merit.  I guess Irsay could be lying about his relationship with Manning, but I have not seen anything that contradicts that.  So unless something comes to light that Irsay and Manning are not friends I will take him at his word.  I would not expect Manning to say anything one way or another given his tendency to be very private about such matters.

What I am going to tell you is that you have no idea about Irsay's relationship with Elway, therefore your speculation is without merit.  I guess Irsay could be lying about his relationship with Manning, but I have not seen anything that contradicts that.  So unless something comes to light that Irsay and Manning are not friends I will take him at his word.  I would not expect Manning to say anything one way or another given his tendency to be very private about such matters.

We do know that Coach John Fox , an Elway hire , blasted Irsay after his comments about Manning. I wouldn't think anyone in Denver would be too chummy with Irsay based on how the comments were taken there.

We do know that Coach John Fox , an Elway hire , blasted Irsay after his comments about Manning. I wouldn't think anyone in Denver would be too chummy with Irsay based on how the comments were taken there.

He and Manning worked with each other for years. I believe him when says he is rooting for Peyton

Okay, so Fox was wrong with what he said, that still does not have any bearing on Elway's feelings toward Irsay or vice versa.

He and Manning worked with each other for years. I believe him when says he is rooting for Peyton

I think he probably feels ambivalent. It's not like, if he wanted manning to lose, that he would admit it.

He probably is rooting for him. But a part of him probably wouldn't mind if Manning lost.

Just my 2 cents.

What I am going to tell you is that you have no idea about Irsay's relationship with Elway, therefore your speculation is without merit. I guess Irsay could be lying about his relationship with Manning, but I have not seen anything that contradicts that. So unless something comes to light that Irsay and Manning are not friends I will take him at his word. I would not expect Manning to say anything one way or another given his tendency to be very private about such matters.

All of our speculation is without merit. None of us know them personally. They all say the politically correct things. So all we have left is our speculations.

So what exactly constitutes "turning into a Broncos fan". This is thrown around on this site in the form of an accusation and it's really quite infuriating.

I've been a diehard Colts fan since the late '60's. Right now I'm also rooting for Peyton. Since he plays for the Broncos, this involves rooting for the Broncos. If you have any insight into how one separates the two I would be fascinated to hear it.

I agree!   I was born in Baltimore in '54- been a Colts fan since the 50s.  Moved to Indy in '80, and the Colts followed me here.  (I'm probably the only one on here that knows the real reason they moved was the Baltimore Blue Laws; prior to the 1970 merger, all games started at 2pm.  With the merger, games were 1pm and 4pm.  Blue Laws prevented games from starting before 2 and tailgaters took all the parking at the churches surrounding Memorial Stadium.  The Colts weren't good enough for the 4pm game, and couldn't play at 1.  They played at 2 and missed the tv revenue.   Now it's changed...)

I root for the Colts first, then if they are eliminated, I root for Peyton!!!!

I believe Peyton is the only starting QB to make it to three Super Bowls with three different Head Coaches (Dungy, Caldwell, and Fox).

(although Unitas played (didn't start SBIII) in NFL Championship games for Eubank, Shula, and McCafferty, winning titles in 58, 59. 68 (won the NFL Championship, lost in SB)and 70.  The Packers beat the Colts in the Western Div Championship in 65 on a disputed FG that appeared wide- even the refs weren't sure.  That led to the NFL extending the goal posts to their current height, for better judgement....

At one time Jim had an alcohol/substance abuse problem.

As far as I know he has been straight and sober for quite a period of time.

He is an eccentric, cut him some slack, the 60's and 70's were a tough time to be young and dumb.

The scars are obvious on many of us "old timers"   LOL

Edit: I personally feel that Mr. Irsay is sincere about his wishes for Peyton!

He is just as much of a fan of the game and players as the rest of us.

i don't think i have ever seen people more butthurt than ravens/baltimore colts fans

get over it man.  it truly is pathetic

Get over what? You keep bringing up the move here, not me. What I'm talking about is I don't think Manning or Elway are that chummy with Irsay. All we hear is Irsay 's side about how everyone are buddies. Let me tell you, outside of Indy, not many people are buying it. Friends don't make guarded political comments when asked about another friend. Friends don't have their head coach blast another friend about his comments.

no it won't

Why not. If Manning wins this Super Bowl, Luck and Irsay will be pressured to win two. It's just the way it is when you size up historic transactions like this one. I think it's likely Seattle may win, and that would be the best result for Irsay. A Denver win , and maybe another one if Peyton lasts another three years, could put this one up there with the Elway trade in 1983. How many times can you help , and bail out the Denver Broncos in one career ?

Okay, so Fox was wrong with what he said, that still does not have any bearing on Elway's feelings toward Irsay or vice versa.

Who said Fox was wrong, Fox? Just because Irsay clarified his statements to the Indianapolis faithful ,doesn't mean Fox thinks he was wrong about protecting Manning from what he thought were slights. If Elway and Irsay were friends, don't you'd think that we would have heard about something since 1983 ? What has Elway ever done for the Colts, or their fans, that was positive ? Logic dictates that there can't be much of a relationship there.

I agree!   I was born in Baltimore in '54- been a Colts fan since the 50s.  Moved to Indy in '80, and the Colts followed me here.  (I'm probably the only one on here that knows the real reason they moved was the Baltimore Blue Laws; prior to the 1970 merger, all games started at 2pm.  With the merger, games were 1pm and 4pm.  Blue Laws prevented games from starting before 2 and tailgaters took all the parking at the churches surrounding Memorial Stadium.  The Colts weren't good enough for the 4pm game, and couldn't play at 1.  They played at 2 and missed the tv revenue.   Now it's changed...)

I root for the Colts first, then if they are eliminated, I root for Peyton!!!!

I believe Peyton is the only starting QB to make it to three Super Bowls with three different Head Coaches (Dungy, Caldwell, and Fox).

(although Unitas played (didn't start SBIII) in NFL Championship games for Eubank, Shula, and McCafferty, winning titles in 58, 59. 68 (won the NFL Championship, lost in SB)and 70.  The Packers beat the Colts in the Western Div Championship in 65 on a disputed FG that appeared wide- even the refs weren't sure.  That led to the NFL extending the goal posts to their current height, for better judgement....

Come on, they didn't move because of the Blue Laws. That was a factor, but the Stadium deal, and Irsay's desire for more revenue were the main reasons. The Blue Laws were antiquated and would have been changed anyway. At the time, however, had Irsay gotten a new stadium, and more money than he got from Indy, he would have played a couple of years with the Blue Laws. The NFL would have eventually forced the change anyway.

I stated that Irsay made Manning rich in a later post within this thread.  

I also said that he's receiving tax payer money within this thread.

But, it goes without saying, if Peyton played somewhere else, there's a good chance the Colts are in L.A. right now.  No Manning probably equals no Lucas Oil Stadium.  

Just a little speculation on my part.

Speculation, but a lot of truth, too.