Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's Worse Than 0-8?

John Waylon

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is worse than 0-8? This coaching staff feeling the need to have Curtis Painter throw the ball more(higher pass to run ratio) than Tom Brady ever has(except for this year), More than Peyton Manning if you exclude 2008-2010, More than Favre ever did with the Packers, more than Aaron Rodgers ever has, more than Dan Marino in 1984 and within 3% of Drew Brees' ratio that has been in the low 60% range over the last few years. That is what is worse than 0-8. It could also be listed as a reason for 0-8&counting.

What is worse than 0-8? This coaching staff feeling the need to have Curtis Painter throw the ball more(higher pass to run ratio) than Tom Brady ever has(except for this year), More than Peyton Manning if you exclude 2008-2010, More than Favre ever did with the Packers, more than Aaron Rodgers ever has, more than Dan Marino in 1984 and within 3% of Drew Brees' ratio that has been in the low 60% range over the last few years. That is what is worse than 0-8. It could also be listed as a reason for 0-8&counting.

What he said and all while Delone Carter is hitting it at over 4 yards a carry and losing time to JIM no that's Donald Brown. Edited by LUVTHESHOE

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 3, 2011 - religious content
Hidden by shecolt, November 3, 2011 - religious content

Mocking a person's religious beliefs?Pretty low thing to do.Sadly the art of bashing the church seems to be in style.

Mocking a "religious" football celebration.

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Matthew 6: 6 NIV

:rantoff:

First time poster to these "What's worse" threads...

Cardio

Statistics

Black Licorice

P.S.-Please don't flame me for my opinion, or ask me why they are my opinions and try to warp them... You know who you are... :P

Big +1 to the stats. Sometimes, they can be useful to make a point, but often times they are used to skew an argument in the wrong direction. You know, like when everyone was running around here a week ago calling Painter great based on the fact he was a top 10 rated QB... Betty White could have been a top 10 rated QB with the short slants and screens Painter got away with in those weeks.

Big +1 to the stats. Sometimes, they can be useful to make a point, but often times they are used to skew an argument in the wrong direction. You know, like when everyone was running around here a week ago calling Painter great based on the fact he was a top 10 rated QB... Betty White could have been a top 10 rated QB with the short slants and screens Painter got away with in those weeks.

So is Betty gonna be our next man, er lady, er whatever, up???

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 3, 2011 - reply to religious content
Hidden by shecolt, November 3, 2011 - reply to religious content

Mocking a "religious" football celebration.

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Matthew 6: 6 NIV

:rantoff:

Still classless

What he said and all while Delone Carter is hitting it at over 4 yards a carry and losing time to JIM no that's Donald Brown.

Delone Carter has the lowest yards per carry out of our running backs. Joseph Addai is at 4.4 yards per carry, Donald Brown is at 4.8 yards per carry, and Carter is at 4.1 yards per carry. I'd give Addai most of the carries while splitting the rest between Brown and Carter. Brown would get more normal carries than Carter while Carter would take all the short yardage carries.

By the way, why was Chris Gronkowski injured reserved? Did he get injured.

I also hate to see a player mocked by others whether it be for religious reasons or even for "his dance". Immature in my opinion and something I would expect to see on the playground not in professional sports.

However, the discussion of religion has gotten a little out of hand in this thread and before it spirals out of control, some of the comments are being removed.

I also hate to see a player mocked by others whether it be for religious reasons or even for "his dance". Immature in my opinion and something I would expect to see on the playground not in professional sports.

However, the discussion of religion has gotten a little out of hand in this thread and before it spirals out of control, some of the comments are being removed.

But, but, but, he DOES dance....

Oh god... I hadn't considered that... I now feel a strong urge to drink....

Same here..

You think Babe Ruth it's usually Babe Ruth day and his final time in a uniform.

2Ruth1948April.jpg

You think Jordan/Bulls it is his final shot:

p1_jordan-russell.jpg?w=300&h=500

For Manning it almost has to be:

5338227894_12335bb7ed.jpg

and that is such a freaking shame. Manning deserved better.. We deserved better.

The thought of the final memory of Peyton Manning in a Colts uniform being his mystified and dismayed look at Caldwell’s moronic time out vs. the Jets.

Manning ,who the IN **** called timeout? Calwell, ooops was that not a good idea? Priceless memory!!! I would give anything to hear the conversation with Archie and Eli over that well placed timeout.

Manning ,who the IN **** called timeout? Calwell, ooops was that not a good idea? Priceless memory!!! I would give anything to hear the conversation with Archie and Eli over that well placed timeout.

One of two times I've had a physical reaction to a Colts game. The first was a forearm to the wall leaving a large hole after Vinteri missed the chip shot vs. the Chargers. This move created a remote control being slammed into about 15 pieces, which was later mailed to Caldwell at 56th street with a football for dummies book and pleasant letter.

It's unfortunate that Manning has too much class to write a tell all book when it is all said and done.

Edited by firejimcaldwell

One of two times I've had a physical reaction to a Colts game. The first was a forearm to the wall leaving a large hole after Vinteri missed the chip shot vs. the Chargers. This move created a remote control being slammed into about 15 pieces, which was later mailed to Caldwell at 56th street with a football for dummies book and pleasant letter.

It's unfortunate that Manning has too much class to write a tell all book when it is all said and done.

LOL!

why is everyone scrambling to go 0-16 to get luck? The defense and special teams have been horrendous, draft picks are needed there. Lefeged averages 18 yards a kick return, and the colts defense is 31st in stopping the run. Besides, luck might be the next jamarcus russell. I'd rather see the colts take barkley or jones in the second round, and develop them until peytons great career is finished.