Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superbowl : Denver vs Seattle , who you got and why

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, that Seattle team outright scares me....that defense is just plain nasty and I think it could cause problems for Peyton.

It'll come down to whether or not Wilson will struggle in the SB and if the Broncos' D can make a play or two...

Advantage for Broncos is that this won't have to be played in Seattle, so maybe the Hawks won't be totally indestructible (still will be incredibly tough). Also I think crowd may play a factor, a pro-Seahawks crowd would also give an edge to the Hawks.

Right now I'm giving a very slight edge to the Seahawks...

Right now, I'm saying Seattle. Ask me again in a couple of weeks when the game is actually here, but I remember calling it after my team got embarrassed by them back in September. I was convinced after seeing their fight and Russell Wilson's skill that they were going to win the Super Bowl this year.

Right now, I'm saying Seattle. Ask me again in a couple of weeks when the game is actually here, but I remember calling it after my team got embarrassed by them back in September. I was convinced after seeing their fight and Russell Wilson's skill that they were going to win the Super Bowl this year.

I think Seattle will be favored....outdoors in bad weather

Who do you trust more:

Peyton vs the LoB. Or the Seahawks vs the Denver D.

Keep in Denver's weakness is pass defense, and are excellent against the run. Perfect matchup against the Seahawks.

That best way to beat Peyton is to get after him and Seattle has countless rushers

I think they will want Peyton to win it all and have the ultimate glory year, better league story. But, Seattle also has an IOU from 2005. NFC West teams are mess with them teams in the SB though it seems in recent years.

I guess Denver right now......but if it's beyond freezing or snowing it could be a toss up. I will say Denver though at the moment since it seems like it's falling into place over there in the mountains.

Not really nailing this postseason though outside a few games this year....ouch.

I think Seattle's D could cause problems for the passing game for the Broncos.  I just don't know what to expect out of the Seahawks offense.  Was not overly impressed with them today but that was against a very good 9er defense as well.   If Wilson and Lynch play well i think Seattle takes it.

That best way to beat Peyton is to get after him and Seattle has countless rushers

Yea, they are good at bringing a blitz, but Peyton never struggled against a blitz. Seattle needs to rush 4 and drop 7. And their front four is nothing great. That defense is about those DBs.

Yea, they are good at bringing a blitz, but Peyton never struggled against a blitz. Seattle needs to rush 4 and drop 7. And their front four is nothing great. That defense is about those DBs.

The idea is to make Peyton hold the ball make him move and there isn't a better secondary

The idea is to make Peyton hold the ball make him move and there isn't a better secondary

Yea, make him hold the ball and get pressure with the front four. Seattle doesn't get pressure with their front four. They need to send blitzers, and once they send the extra guy there is the hole Peyton needs.

The thing you have to worry about the Seahawks is their penchant for cheap shots. Their WRs hit dirty, they take shots inside piles, IMO. If they're falling on someone in a pile, to me it seems like they fall down to hurt folks in a pile. To an extent they're going into the SB much like Gregg Williams' D of the Saints went into the SB in 2009

Ravens last year took out the RBs in both the Broncos and Pats games if you noticed, it's just in the nature of certain Ds, just to throw in an extra oomph shot while the whistle and sometimes a tad after the whistle is blown

Yea, make him hold the ball and get pressure with the front four. Seattle doesn't get pressure with their front four. They need to send blitzers, and once they send the extra guy there is the hole Peyton needs.

Guess we'll see in 2 weeks

Is there a roof on Met Life? I don't think they're going to let the snow in though Mark haha

No. That's why they're calling it the first cold weather super bowl.

Forecast right now is 36 in afternoon (16 overnight, so game time is somewhere in between). Cloudy and possibly rain/snow.