Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw

bap1331

Any updates? I really want this guy back. I am almost 99.9% sure that if we have him healthy back in 2014. We have a great shot at the Super Bowl. His running will take a lot off the clock and a large load on our defense. Along with our amazing WR corps.

He pounded the 49ers 2 years ago with the Giants. And then we pounded the 49ers with the Colts. The 49ers have made 3 straight trips to the NFC championship.

If the 49ers can't stop him. No one can...

I think the lack of information could be telling.  Either there's nothing to report or no one expects that he will be back anyway.

Although I do think Pagano mentioned having 'the two runners' back in a presser.  Grigs though, seems to be short on patience when it comes to oft-injured players.  See: Collie, Brackett, Clark, Bullitt, etc

Bradshaw gave the 49ers fits even as a Giant. I remember him having good games vs them then. He just loves to get lost underneath and emerge like a bowling ball. He is tough as nails. :)

But at this point, 1 yr. renewals are going to be his best option and a team has to commit 2 years to him to keep him away from us. I am sure we will offer him another 1 yr. deal and given the screws in his foot and how he has gone on IR the past 2 years, his agent Rosenhaus will accept it, in all likelihood.

I do think Grigson will wait to see what Donald Brown does. If DB leaves and Grigs cannot match his offer, Bradshaw will be signed to a 1 yr. deal to go with Vick Ballard and Trent Richardson.

I think the lack of information could be telling.  Either there's nothing to report or no one expects that he will be back anyway.

Although I do think Pagano mentioned having 'the two runners' back in a presser.  Grigs though, seems to be short on patience when it comes to oft-injured players.  See: Collie, Brackett, Clark, Bullitt, etc

NOT HIS BOYS, He is short on patience with anyone from the Pollian tenure!!!

NOT HIS BOYS, He is short on patience with anyone from the Pollian tenure!!!

Neither were Castonzo, Wayne, Mathis, Brown, McAfee, Bethea, etc Grigs' boys.  The Colts took a big cap hit to cut players like Brackett and Clark along with the others.  The common denominator: injury proneness.

It would be intriguing to have Bradshaw back, but man, Ballard coming back from injury, the lack of confidence in Richardson,,,  Bradshaw is taking up precious space in a backfield full of question marks.  If we knew Ballard could round in to form by mid-season, and TRich could find his Alabama mojo, then fine.... just be prepared to be searching the waiver wire when Bradshaw goes down again.

I feel another veteran RB is the way to go.

Neither were Castonzo, Wayne, Mathis, Brown, McAfee, Bethea, etc Grigs' boys.  The Colts took a big cap hit to cut players like Brackett and Clark along with the others.  The common denominator: injury proneness.

Yes, but He hates Brown based on trying un successfully making him the 3rd string back! The others were to good to replace. or he would have.

It would be intriguing to have Bradshaw back, but man, Ballard coming back from injury, the lack of confidence in Richardson,,,  Bradshaw is taking up precious space in a backfield full of question marks.  If we knew Ballard could round in to form by mid-season, and TRich could find his Alabama mojo, then fine.... just be prepared to be searching the waiver wire when Bradshaw goes down again.

I feel another veteran RB is the way to go.

We have BOOM

I think the lack of information could be telling. Either there's nothing to report or no one expects that he will be back anyway.

Although I do think Pagano mentioned having 'the two runners' back in a presser. Grigs though, seems to be short on patience when it comes to oft-injured players. See: Collie, Brackett, Clark, Bullitt, etc

As Grigson should be. You'd think the Colts fans would be sick of injury prone players after all these year's. Wouldn't blame Mr. Grigson one bit if he let's Bradshaw walk. There's nothing a player can do for us (excluding Reggie Wayne) that benefits us while he's on the sidelines

With Ballard coming back off of such a serious injury, and not knowing what kind of level he'll be back as, I think it would be very advantageous for us to bring back Bradshaw as a number 2 option to T-Rich... Particularly early in the season when Ballard is first coming back.

We could bring him back for a really cheep one year deal to prove himself. It would definitely be worth it IMO. He would also cost a lot less than Brown obviously. If he stays healthy, Ballard returns at 100%, and T-Rich bounces back we would have an unbelievable RB core.

It seems more likely that Brown won't be returning. His tweet or whatever that was made it seem like he is going to test free agency and it's very likely a team will overpay him in free agency. For that reason, I would be fine signing Bradshaw to another 1 year deal.

Yea I think that brown is due for a good pay day and colts are in need of other positions right now. I could see him going to the Bengals with a 1-2 punch with that new RB Bengals have

It seems more likely that Brown won't be returning.  His tweet or whatever that was made it seem like he is going to test free agency and it's very likely a team will overpay him in free agency.  For that reason, I would be fine signing Bradshaw to another 1 year deal.

If Bradshaw could just stay healthy, INDY would be in great shape. Big, strong, powerful, no fumble issues, & he knows how to hit the hole & earn some serious YAC. 

I like Bradshaw's vision too & I have never been overwhelmed by Trent Richardson's vision all that much. He hesitates more than he should at times running the ball IMO. 

Any updates? I really want this guy back. I am almost 99.9% sure that if we have him healthy back in 2014. We have a great shot at the Super Bowl. His running will take a lot off the clock and a large load on our defense. Along with our amazing WR corps.

He pounded the 49ers 2 years ago with the Giants. And then we pounded the 49ers with the Colts. The 49ers have made 3 straight trips to the NFC championship.

If the 49ers can't stop him. No one can...

We won't hear anything on anyone for some time.    Grigson said yesterday they all need time to decompress and rest.   No one wants to make a decision when they're exhausted.

That's aid....   I don't know you think no one can stop Ahmad.    Sure they can.   Ahmad Bradshaw can stop Ahmad Bradshaw.

He can't stay healthy.    It's why the NY Gaints let him go despite being very good and very productive for them.

It's why we waited until very late in the FA cycle before signing him to a team friendly deal.    He's injury prone.

The unfortunate reality of life as an NFL running back, is that RB's often grow old or get beat-up very quickly.   It's not fair, but it's the reality of NFL life.    And that's what has happened to Ahmad.

I'm not expecting him back.   And if he does come back,  it will be on an even more friendly deal than the one he got last year....

Just another perspective.....

I agree. Bring back Donald, Bradshaw and Choice. Cut the rest...

So you're cutting Richardson (but still paying him the rest of his salary for the rest of the contract) and Vick Ballard on a cheap rookie contract before you even get a chance to see how his recovery went?

We won't hear anything on anyone for some time.    Grigson said yesterday they all need time to decompress and rest.   No one wants to make a decision when they're exhausted.

That's aid....   I don't know you think no one can stop Ahmad.    Sure they can.   Ahmad Bradshaw can stop Ahmad Bradshaw.

He can't stay healthy.    It's why the NY Gaints let him go despite being very good and very productive for them.

It's why we waited until very late in the FA cycle before signing him to a team friendly deal.    He's injury prone.

The unfortunate reality of life as an NFL running back, is that RB's often grow old or get beat-up very quickly.   It's not fair, but it's the reality of NFL life.    And that's what has happened to Ahmad.

I'm not expecting him back.   And if he does come back,  it will be on an even more friendly deal than the one he got last year....

Just another perspective.....

That's not conclusive in Bradshaw's case yet though. I would need 1 more year to determine that fact definitively for myself. You make very valid points though NCF as you always do.  :thmup:

If I knew that Trent was the man back capable of delivering the goods on the ground consistently, releasing Bradshaw might be easier, but I need a security blanket right now & Bradshaw is that INDY blanket IMO. 

I just don't see him back.  I thought he fate was sealed with the T-Rich trade and that was before his injury.  I think Grigson did that deal after Ballard went down thinking okay T-Rich can replace Ballard for this year and then next year he takes over Bradshaw's spot in the offense. 

I get why so many people believe Bradshaw won't be back namely injury concerns, but I have no idea where Ballard is at right now & Brown is already out the door & gone. I value experience & I remember what a force Bradshaw was inside that LOS SB vs the Patriots. We need size, speed, vision, & power & Bradshaw gives us that. Plus, I trust experience not youth in big season moments. 

Ask Bradshaw to take less money fine, but Grigs we need him back. Don't be a fool & don't fall in love with youth & inexperience. Trent isn't cutting it & INDY needs reliable production & a proven track record which Bradshaw provides. JMO. 

I get why so many people believe Bradshaw won't be back namely injury concerns, but I have no idea where Ballard is at right now & Brown is already out the door & gone. I value experience & I remember what a force Bradshaw was inside that LOS SB vs the Patriots. We need size, speed, vision, & power & Bradshaw gives us that. Plus, I trust experience not youth in big season moments.

Ask Bradshaw to take less money fine, but Grigs we need him back. Don't be a fool & don't fall in love with youth & inexperience. Trent isn't cutting it & INDY needs reliable production & a proven track record which Bradshaw provides. JMO.

Couldn't have said it better. You should have started this thread. Loll.

better yet. He beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl! What more can we ask for?!

If we had him on the field last Sunday against the Pats, we wouldn't be talking about the offseason right now...

BINGO! Give bap1331 5 gold stars for the wisdom & keen insight. Bradshaw is our NE version of Blount. Nobody wants to take him on not opposing LBs, DTs, DE's, & certainly not safeties. I said that last week when I heard Logan Mankins at the Pats post game press conference too rave about Blount on the ground. 

I agree. Bring back Donald, Bradshaw and Choice. Cut the rest...

So you want to cut Ballard, who was running well prior to the injury, and who is making right around league minimum for the next 2 seasons. ... and cut Richardson who we just traded a 1st round draft pick for, and who will count over $5 million in dead money against the cap before even seeing if there is a chance he can be better next season (which we are paying for anyway) ?????

You Sir are a shrewd businessman.

Grigson is still in the denial stage with Richardson...he will see the truth eventually even though it will be painful to accept.