Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson's comments on Luck

backshoulderfade

I'm sure you all heard them by now. Grigson compaired Luck's traits to Jordan. All over the place I have seen dumb comments from the media and the sheeple who follow their every word. What ever happened to critical thinking?

To recap;

He’s always been a different animal in the fourth quarter, his whole life, and just even hearing the story from his uncle [and agent, Will Wilson]. He relishes those moments. It’s like Jordan when he’d take that last shot — he wants the ball. This guy, we’re so blessed, he wants the ball in those situations. Other guys don’t want the ball; they want to hand it off. They don’t really want it — they’re gonna be half-stepping it. This kid is gonna rear back and throw a bomb when he has all the pressure on him. And that’s a thing of beauty. You’re born with that.

Now what does that quote say. Correct me if I am wrong, but all that Grigson says is that Luck wants the ball in those crucial moments. A trait he shares with Jordan.

No wild declarations of greatness. No saying Luck is as good as Jordan like some are insinuating. It was a valid observation. I'm tired of the media ragging on the Colts the last few weeks for any tiny reason people find.

Rant over.

Before I go I would like to share with you all a pretty famous quote.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

There's nothing wrong with what Ryan Grigson  said..and we've all seen that in 2 years in Andrew.

When you use the name of 2 players in the same sentence/comparison....you do open that door.

But if you read every word...that's not what hes doing but , like House says, Skip Bayless stopped reading when he saw Andrew Luck and Michael Jordan in the same paragraph..

////

It's grigson giving A Luck praise the way grigson put said it, it can be read multiple ways depends on if your a colts fan or not lol. I'm a due hard colts fan so I love what he said!!!

With respect, I feel there is a difference in interpreting something differently and choosing what you want it to mean that will either get your page hits, or discredit rival teams.

There's nothing wrong with what Ryan Grigson said..and we've all seen that in 2 years in Andrew.

When you use the name of 2 players in the same sentence/comparison....you do open that door.

But if you read every word...that's not what hes doing but , like House says, Skip Bayless stopped reading when he saw Andrew Luck and Michael Jordan in the same paragraph..

////

Now you are talking out of your backside for sure. Bayless reads? You expect me to believe that?

I'm frankly astonished that so many people can't seem to tell the difference between comparing an attribute of Michael Jordan with an attribute of Andrew Luck, and comparing Michael Jordan's career success with Andrew Luck's career success.

I loved what he said. Have absolutely no problem with it.

The airhead nitwits at ESPN who (picked the Colts to go 8-8) have a problem with it (and secretly despise the fact that the Colts are going to have a better QB than Brady for the next 15 years) can sit and spin.

ESPN first take pulled their quote straight out their collective *.

Dismissing the comparison doesn't make it untrue.  If we're talking simply about Grigson's one comment, it is one that is supported by stats.  Sure he has a long way to go to earn the same sort of reputation, but he's definitely on track for it.  There's no QB I'd rather have in the fourth quarter with 2 minutes to go and down by a TD or less. 

Here's the thing guys, the "E" in ESPN stands for entertainment.  That's what they are about.  The pacers and colts are workman and blue collar and not as entertaining as the big markets so everything involved with us, a small market team is thrown to the way side.  Plus the second anything complimentary that is said or happens is instantly disparaged or squashed because larger markets win.

Sucks I know but thats why we as colts fans have to bleed blue and not care about the major media.

Thankfully our beat writers for the most part rock.

BTW how long has Stephen Holder been with the IndyStar?

I don't understand all the hoopla. Jordan wasn't that great, he only put up 3 HR's, 51 RBi's, 30 SB, and a BA of .202 w/ 11 errors and never even made it to the major leagues.

He should be honored to be compared to Luck.

Did he actually do that well. I'm actually impressed by those numbers.

First Take is a joke. Anyone with a brain knows what Grigson is saying. He is in no way saying that the two are on a comparable level. He is saying Luck shares a very important trait that made Jordan great.

I'm frankly astonished that so many people can't seem to tell the difference between comparing an attribute of Michael Jordan with an attribute of Andrew Luck, and comparing Michael Jordan's career success with Andrew Luck's career success.

Astonished? Not sure if that says more about you or them. ;- )

For sure, where is the logic sometimes?

I would suggest, where others whither, Andrews level of focus and intensity Jumps. Reggie Millerish!

Andrew is ready and prepared to take it from you!

Agree, apparently reading comprehension is lost on a lot of people.

Did he actually do that well. I'm actually impressed by those numbers.

First Take is a joke. Anyone with a brain knows what Grigson is saying. He is in no way saying that the two are on a comparable level. He is saying Luck shares a very important trait that made Jordan great.

Bayless is a joke but I rather enjoy Stephen A.  He cracks me up and owns Bayless on debates. It also doesn't hurt that he has been supportive of Luck and the  Colts for the most part.  Against Bayless's warrantless tirades, he often defends the Colts' decision to part with Manning & draft Luck as the right decision for the next 15+ years.  He has also officially dubbed Andrew Luck as a "baaaaad boy!"  A play on his affection for the more experienced Aaron Rogers who he calls "a baaaad man."  I think he provides a nice counter balance to Bayless who often goes out of his way dog  Luck and the Colts.