Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weather in NE

bobourret

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much I buy into weather being an advantage.  Its not like teams like New England or Green Bay play dozens of games in the cold or ice or snow each year.  Maybe a couple at most.  And how did the "advantage" work out for GB yesterday?  Sometimes I think it's even an advantage to the team that is newer to it, because it hasn't depressed the heck out of them yet.

Both teams have to cope with and react to weather conditions.

38 and raining is not 70 and dome. Advantage NE for sure. Pats have better run game as well.

Overall you may be right.  But don't mistake this Colts team and QB for the previous one.  Luck will not be influenced by weather like Manning may have been. 

The Pats looked great in the rain vs Cinncinati

And really good just last week vs the Bills. The team with the better run game has a sig. advantage.

What is the word on Richardson? Has the coaching staff lost confidence in him or do you think he will be a part of the game? I like Brown a lot.

Overall you may be right.  But don't mistake this Colts team and QB for the previous one.  Luck will not be influenced by weather like Manning may have been. 

Yep, agree with that. I expect Luck's legs and our run game to be big factors in this game.

And really good just last week vs the Bills. The team with the better run game has a sig. advantage.

What is the word on Richardson? Has the coaching staff lost confidence in him or do you think he will be a part of the game? I like Brown a lot.

I was being sarcastic.

I gotta think the Colts ride with Brown all game long. Richardson may come into spell Brown, but that's about it....I hope that's how it will be anyway.

WE actually don't know that yet..

..Colts QBs only play cold weather playoff games on the road......its always going to be tougher for whoever is the Colts QB

Sure, the weather might play a little affect on both teams. With that said, I dont really think it favors either team a ton. 

Both running games are meh... Both short passing games are pretty good.

One thing I like... we have a much better deep threat passing game, so dont let the NE defense start pulling up to the LOS to stop the short passing game. If so... BYE BYE TY!

I am fine with the rain....I just don't want to see snow. I still have nightmares of watching the Colts in the snow in Foxborough. But as said before, this is a different team that could handle that type of environment. I am so pumped for Saturday!!

Snow wouldn't bother me a bit. With Gillette now having turf, that kinda of weather doesn't affect the playing surface much.

Yep. Check the weather in KC when we roadgraded the Chiefs. Feels like 15 degrees or something?

WE actually don't know that yet..

..Colts QBs only play cold weather playoff games on the road......its always going to be tougher for whoever is the Colts QB

We saw Luck play very well in KC a couple of weeks ago and he had a good half in Cincy too.  He can handle the cold better than Peyton.  I would be more concerned if its windy.  But the projected low temp for Saturday is 37 degrees.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

When will people learn that NO TEAM ever has an advantage in the playoffs.  Home field doesn't matter, weather doesn't matter, and most times your roster doesn't even matter.  It's all about which team plays like their lives depend on it. #TRUTH

When will people learn that NO TEAM ever has an advantage in the playoffs.  Home field doesn't matter, weather doesn't matter, and most times your roster doesn't even matter.  It's all about which team plays like their lives depend on it. #TRUTH

I guess when you the road dome team that has to be true, eh? ;)

When NE can win 31 games in a row and home.  That tells me they have a advantage at home.  A team with a bunch of vets like they have vs the young colts the snow can be a big difference.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

I guess when you the road dome team that has to be true, eh? ;)

It has to be true because of the entire history of the playoffs.  Or do only pay attention to Tom Brady news clippings?

Guest TeamLoloJones

When NE can win 31 games in a row and home.  That tells me they have a advantage at home.  A team with a bunch of vets like they have vs the young colts the snow can be a big difference.  

We are talking about playoffs.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Brady has the best record at home of any current QB in the game. And the Pats are 8-0 this year at the razor.

None of that matters. The Pats don't get spotted 7 points just because of their previous record.  Or do you not understand that?

Brady has the best record at home of any current QB in the game. And the Pats are 8-0 this year at the razor.

He's been blasted at home the last few years in the playoffs. 3 home losses in the past 5 years. Remember, "the playoffs are a whole different animal"

Yes we are talking playoffs

Since 2000 the colts are 8-3 at home and are 2-7 on the road

So you must be right that home field has no advantages

Because the previous regime's statistics are relevant to the current's right? The current regime is 0-1 on the road in the playoffs.

Only one home team won a game this weekend. I wonder who that was...

Meh, that is pretty typical for WC round. Not hard to see Brees beating Philly and Kaep beating Pack as he owns them. Dalton of course laid an egg and the Colts should have lost so yeah pretty impressive games by road teams.

Divisional round is a different beast though as teams are better and rested.