Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

wade Phillips out in Houston.

kansascolt

Wade didn't have much success in Big D or Houston.  With the talent level the Texans have, it's difficult to understand.  A team many thought were SB contenders prior to the start of the season, to lose 14 games, to me means a new coach should clean out the coaching staff and start from scratch.

Wade didn't have much success in Big D or Houston. With the talent level the Texans have, it's difficult to understand. A team many thought were SB contenders prior to the start of the season, to lose 14 games, to me means a new coach should clean out the coaching staff and start from scratch.

They've been a top-5 D the years he's been in Houston. This year their points allowed are skewed because of all the pick-6s their QBs have had. They were the top team in yards allowed this year. He's been fine as their DC and I would take him.

Has Phillips ever coached a 2 gap scheme? I don't know that he would be the best fit here. Now ray Horton is a very different story. Doesn't really matter though cause I don't see manusky going anywhere.

Yeah, he's staying. Horton may be up for a HC job, I just hope it's not in Tennessee.

Has Phillips ever coached a 2 gap scheme? I don't know that he would be the best fit here. Now ray Horton is a very different story. Doesn't really matter though cause I don't see manusky going anywhere.

He wouldn't have to teach an exclusive 2 gap scheme, we dont run just a 2 gap scheme from what I have seen, But your likely right, Manusky wont be going anywhere