Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let Us Talk Titans

chad72

Not enough fandom, me thinks I am right, me thinks you are wrong, me thinks you have no credibility, me regurgitates, me like pie for diversion, me likes to post same things over and over again like Larry Coyer hoping it works and so on....Need a break, let us talk the Titans.

Unfortunately, like the Saints, here comes another team mad at a loss the week before and having the Colts play in its home stadium.

Chris Johnson gets his FB Ahmad Hall back after his 4 game suspension (big boost for their running game, IMO) and Hasselbeck had his worst game in 3 years last week.

1) Titans on D - The Titans have historically played outside wideouts well while Dallas Clark and Austin Collie have had TDs down the middle consistently, their weakness has been pass coverage by LBs. They have always had a stout front vs the run, so I expect us to have to pass to score some points. Finnegan - not sure if he will take on Garcon or Wayne. But he does play aggressive and sometimes comes up to the line of scrimmage to defend the screen plays very well, so we have to take our shots up field. Garcon did score a couple of TDs on the road at Tennessee last year, not sure if he can reproduce that this year.

2) Titans on O - Ahmad Hall and Chris Johnson will improve on their production from previous games but Hasselbeck passing is what won them games earlier this season, see no reason why it needs to change vs a porous Colts secondary.

3) Special teams - their returner, I forget his name, he is quick like Julian Edelman of the Pats, so that is something to watch out for, big plays on ST.

Thoughts???

Edited by chad72

Chris Johnson is due for a big game... I think this is the one. Hasselbeck can still make some plays.

I have CJ on my FF team, so yeah, I could use some points. But has anyone watched many Titans games and can anyone tell me if they blitz a lot? Painter has done relatively better vs 4 man fronts that do not send 5 rushers or more consistently like the Saints. Hence the question.

I was watching the titans game and the fans over there are not playing lol.... they were booing non stop at the titans... i believe the colts will win this game, the titans have no offense what so ever and they had to take johnson out so they could get something going. the colts held johnson to 37yds last season and i think they can do that this game....

for the main reason that the titans are not high powered so they dont have to focus on too many skill players.

I think we win this game on a last second field goal.

I share the same sentiment. For some reason, I was telling my co-workers that this might be a trap game for the Titans after seeing us do so bad vs the Saints. I feel we can squeeze out a win at the end.

The Titans owe us one for distracting the rest of the NFL from how badly they got beat last week.

I'm going to classify this game as "winnable" which is an upgrade from what I thought a few weeks ago.

It would be nice to see the team rebound after last week.

If we can keep CJ under control we will actually have a real chance to win this game.

Nobody has stepped up since Britt got hurt so their passing game is really struggling.

I really think this is the game that Coyer should become really aggressive. Have our corners jam the receivers and send some blitzes. Matt is not Drew and this offense is no where near as explosive as the Saints. Lets get aggressive with our corners, send Wheeler/Angerer/Conner on a blitz, and get imaginative with that line. Put Jamaal at DT with Frathis.

On offense we need to get DB more involved in the passing game. Sure he is not the greatest runner, but in open space he can do some work. Get some screens and dump off passes to him. Try some draw plays to slow down the pass rush because they are going to send the kitchen sink at Painter. Also, rip out some freaking trick plays. Try a flea flicker or a reverse.

Now if that happens, i could just see jim irsay personally walking jim tresell down to the side lines and taking the headsets off of caldwell lol

That would be so funny. It's the 4th q scor is 45-7 irsay grabs tressal by the hand walks him down to the field, up to Caldwell and just points to the locker room

The Titans are a legitimate division contender IMO. Last weeks loss to the Texans was pretty off for what we've seen from them this year.

I think they bounce back this week.

But chris johnson will still have somewhere around 27 yards, so yeah, seeing johnson suck it up after his prima donna holdout is like a win. I'll take it.

I think CJ is finally going to produce this game, at our expense. Tennessee has really put the pressure on him and, like previous posters have said, he's getting his FB back. The only upside I see is that our DB's/LB's shouldn't have to play 10/15 yds off of the line, so the middle of the field should be taken away. I still think we get pounded on the ground though. CJ 150 yds, 2 TD's

This is going to be a close game, no doubt about it. The Titans offense is not even in the same stratosphere as the Saints O. I think the Colts stay very close throughout and pull off a win at the end. Don't you think the players on the Colts want to show everyone that they are not as bad as they looked against the Saints?

This is going to be a close game, no doubt about it. The Titans offense is not even in the same stratosphere as the Saints O. I think the Colts stay very close throughout and pull off a win at the end. Don't you think the players on the Colts want to show everyone that they are not as bad as they looked against the Saints?

Yes I do but the Titans are probably just as interested in showing they are not as bad as they looked against the Texans and they have the added incentive of still being in the middle of the playoff hunt.

Both teams are very bad right now but that could make for a very entertaining game.

Ahhh, unfortunately it's not really a break... because the Titans are good, don't be confused or base their team off last week. They have a good passing offense plus a great RB who's not playing great. Their D is pretty good... good at run stopping and pass defense. Very consistent (besides last week), and this team is also a team that beat the Ravens in Baltimore. Don't overlook them

If we can keep CJ under control we will actually have a real chance to win this game.

Nobody has stepped up since Britt got hurt so their passing game is really struggling.

I really think this is the game that Coyer should become really aggressive. Have our corners jam the receivers and send some blitzes. Matt is not Drew and this offense is no where near as explosive as the Saints. Lets get aggressive with our corners, send Wheeler/Angerer/Conner on a blitz, and get imaginative with that line. Put Jamaal at DT with Frathis.

On offense we need to get DB more involved in the passing game. Sure he is not the greatest runner, but in open space he can do some work. Get some screens and dump off passes to him. Try some draw plays to slow down the pass rush because they are going to send the kitchen sink at Painter. Also, rip out some freaking trick plays. Try a flea flicker or a reverse.

None of that will happen, though it should. Polian stated multiple times on his show that we need to do less, not more, and work on fundamentals. Expect a very vanilla game plan both offensively and defensively this week.

This is a very winnable game and the Colts will win it.And don't forget,that at this point a 500+ season is still possible.GO COLTS!!

Yeah 8-8 would be great so we can have a terrible season, a mediocre draft pick, and Caldwell/Coyer still as coaches ... that will be a big help to the franchise. :thdown:

None of that will happen, though it should. Polian stated multiple times on his show that we need to do less, not more, and work on fundamentals. Expect a very vanilla game plan both offensively and defensively this week.

Then I expect a very easy win for the Titans.

I do not know how much more vanilla our defense can get. We all ready just rush four and have our corners playing five yards off the receivers every down.

But has anyone watched many Titans games and can anyone tell me if they blitz a lot? Painter has done relatively better vs 4 man fronts that do not send 5 rushers or more consistently like the Saints. Hence the question.

I watched 3 of their games this year, all wins against Baltimore, Denver and Cleveland. They had 8 sacks in those 3 games. They blitz in key spots and bring their LB's.

They also do alot of zone blitz. They are a much better defensive team than the vanilla Colts. They give different looks and add their own quirks. I seen them send 3 or 4 on 3rd downs in the Cleveland game.

Titans defense is very good considering all the changes they made in the coaching staff and players. They will bring it, especially knowing the fact Painter is playing QB. They know that the best way to have him make mistakes is to put constant pressure.

If the Colts can somehow work a solid run defense against Johnson and get the offense clicking....And by "clicking" I mean working for Painter rather than against him, we have a shot to win...

Their KR concerns me because he has the ability to take off and make something happen.

Maybe they put in Simms in the starting line up to shore our pass D up and if the Titans start running better, put Conner in. I would like them to use more of Moten too in passing situations along with Simms.

Yea, wheeler is doing ok but he is not much of a help.. the colts should let Sims take the start, he's more physical and a much better hitter not to mention he's a 3down back.... as for moten i dont think so... Pat can only get better in his pass coverage because it can be taught, its best if he develops now and become better eventually instead of hindering him from progressing into a complete LB