Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vick Ballard?

bap1331

168wm69.png

I cant see the picture he posted on instagram bc i dont have one. He said not til 2014 but is he meaning Jan. 4 or September? They would have posted it on the injury stuff but Percy Harvin just announced he will be coming back so is it possible?

I cant see the picture he posted on instagram bc i dont have one.

You can still see the image if you click on it, even if you don't have an Instagram acct, it'll just open the image up in a new window on Instagram's website. I looked a little while ago, it's just a picture of him from one of last year's games.

http://distilleryimage9.ak.instagram.com/b823b0b271ce11e3b3390ebf8d8a0685_8.jpg

Some people here need to learn what happens to your body when you suffer serious lig. Damage.

He was hurt very early in the season, this isn't a Griffin or AP situation. It's not going to be perfect, but he should good to go for training camp.

It is funny how a lot of people in here wanted a upgrade over Vick and now we all just want him back. grass isn't always greener.

Not sure why he is so idolized probably for that one TD against the Titans that was on an endless highlight reel for a week.  Yeah he was good but he wasn't great.  I think we need to take a long hard look at keeping Brown who has finally showed his worth, him along with Ballard and Richardson would be a great stable of backs, would also like to see Bradshaw at the right price we would be deep at RB.

I know I will get blasted for the Ballard comment but go back and watch the games dude had 814 yds 3.9 per carry with 3 fumbles in 2012 his only full season.  Those stats do not make him the legend this board seems to think he is.

Just for the record I actually think he has tremendous upside and might yet turn into the best back we have had in a long time.

It is funny how a lot of people in here wanted a upgrade over Vick and now we all just want him back. grass isn't always greener.

Some wanted an upgrade over him but he's been a fan favorite since he got here and most people were fine with him and sighted him as the main reason they were against the T-Rich trade from the start. 

168wm69.png

I cant see the picture he posted on instagram bc i dont have one. He said not til 2014 but is he meaning Jan. 4 or September? They would have posted it on the injury stuff but Percy Harvin just announced he will be coming back so is it possible?

Percy Harvin was never on IR.  He was on the PUP list.  

The Colts have no one designated to return from IR this season.

NO  ONE.  

Not sure why he is so idolized probably for that one TD against the Titans that was on an endless highlight reel for a week.  Yeah he was good but he wasn't great.  I think we need to take a long hard look at keeping Brown who has finally showed his worth, him along with Ballard and Richardson would be a great stable of backs, would also like to see Bradshaw at the right price we would be deep at RB.

I know I will get blasted for the Ballard comment but go back and watch the games dude had 814 yds 3.9 per carry with 3 fumbles in 2012 his only full season.  Those stats do not make him the legend this board seems to think he is.

Just for the record I actually think he has tremendous upside and might yet turn into the best back we have had in a long time.

You forget that Vick wasn't the starter for i want to say the first 6 games last year. you take that into account and he is over a 1000 yd rusher easy, and with our o-line last year a 3.9 avg is pretty amazing. I don't think Vick is a HOF or GOAT RB but i thought he was the best RB the colts have had in some time.

I don't see the Colts carrying 4 RBs on the active roster next year.

brown would be the number 3 guy there. You don't pay much for a 3rd rb

Brown is already #1 over T-Rich now, and you never know how a player will bounce back from a major injury like Ballard's..   Ballard was solid for us, but never really 'elite' (granted, our line wasn't much to brag about last year, either) -- he could come back and improve from where he was, or he could come back and have lost just a minor step and be a lot worse than he was, and he could possibly come back and get re-injured -- so to say Brown would be the #3 in that group seems a bit premature.

I know Brown recently bought a new house outside Indy -- so I am hoping that means contract talks have been underway for a while now. 

Brown is a completely different style of runner than both Bradshaw and T-Rich, it would be nice to see him continue a similar role to the one he was playing when he was T-Rich's backup or the role he is playing now.  Brown also has very good hands and is very fast, and could potentially see a role in this offense as a WR (I could see a lot of shot-gun formation with T-Rich or Ballard on one side of Luck and Brown on the other, with the potential for draw plays to either back or for a late motion to put Brown in the slot).

I

You forget that Vick wasn't the starter for i want to say the first 6 games last year. you take that into account and he is over a 1000 yd rusher easy, and with our o-line last year a 3.9 avg is pretty amazing. I don't think Vick is a HOF or GOAT RB but i thought he was the best RB the colts have had in some time.

I don't see the Colts carrying 4 RBs on the active roster next year.

He also got a lot of his yards at the end of games when Arians would call 8 running plays in a row. Nobody is going to confuse him with AP, but there is a lot to like about Ballard.

brown would be the number 3 guy there. You don't pay much for a 3rd rb

Our coaches like Vic Ballard.....They had him ahead of Donald Brown.

DB might try to hook up with somebody like Arizona or Denver....as sure-handed, low carries backup..in a pass attack

because the moves we've made speak loudly that we don't want him

Brown is already #1 over T-Rich now, and you never know how a player will bounce back from a major injury like Ballard's..   Ballard was solid for us, but never really 'elite' (granted, our line wasn't much to brag about last year, either) -- he could come back and improve from where he was, or he could come back and have lost just a minor step and be a lot worse than he was, and he could possibly come back and get re-injured -- so to say Brown would be the #3 in that group seems a bit premature.

Exactly right. 

Ballard may not even be a member of the backfield next year.  It would not take a lot to get a better RB.

Our coaches like Vic Ballard.....They had him ahead of Donald Brown.

DB might try to hook up with somebody like Arizona or Denver....as sure-handed, low carries backup..in a pass attack

because the moves we've made speak loudly that we don't want him

when did brown become sure handed