Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something I said before that was shrugged off when I suggested it...

Indyfan4life

During the Bengals game that we lost, I made the comment in chat and in another thread that it didn't really matter how we played THAT day, but how we would need to play the last few weeks, specifically against KC. This was laughed at as if it were a stupid comment. However, we are now playing the best football all season aside from the Denver game, and going into the playoffs with a hot streak.

I compared us to the Giants with losing games, not playing well, then getting hot just before the playoffs and rolling with it. Again, this comparison was laughed at. Well, this seems to be what we're doing now.

Hope it continues next Sunday against KC (unless Buffalo pulls out a miracle in the last five minutes of the game).

A home playoff win would be great and playing at Denver would be exciting. I thought we'd end up 8-8 or 9-7. 11-5, looking hot, surviving huge player losses to the IR, and reinforcements getting healthy...I think we can play with and beat anyone anywhere.

During the Bengals game that we lost, I made the comment in chat and in another thread that it didn't really matter how we played THAT day, but how we would need to play the last few weeks, specifically against KC. This was laughed at as if it were a stupid comment. However, we are now playing the best football all season aside from the Denver game, and going into the playoffs with a hot streak.

I compared us to the Giants with losing games, not playing well, then getting hot just before the playoffs and rolling with it. Again, this comparison was laughed at. Well, this seems to be what we're doing now.

Hope it continues next Sunday against KC (unless Buffalo pulls out a miracle in the last five minutes of the game).

i don't believe any of this ever happened

I'm scared KC hid a lot from us and will surprise us. I hope we surprise them more though

Defenisively they will be better just by virtue of having their bookend pass rushers on the field at the same time.

Offensively, they are what they are. Jamaal Charles or bust. The pattern to beat them is set in stone, limit the turnovers and keep a man on Charles at all times. Make Alex Smith beat you (he cant).

Then you were never in chat. Really though, I can't say I care. I know I said it, so that's all that matters friend.

are you looking for people to apologize? That would make this a good thread.

The point of saying we need to play our best in the playoffs isn't really groundbreaking. Pretty sure everyone knows that. Good job on saying that in chat though. Hopefully you get your apologies

are you looking for people to apologize? That would make this a good thread.

The point of saying we need to play our best in the playoffs isn't really groundbreaking. Pretty sure everyone knows that. Good job on saying that in chat though. Hopefully you get your apologies

If I was looking for people to apologize, then I would of opened up with that. If you're trying to make me look stupid then you failed, but I'm glad you're the decider on what makes a thread good or bad.

This was in no way meant to be that kind of thread, but you seem to think it is. THE POINT of this was stating what was laughed at is turning true, like it wasn't possible to get hot when we needed to.

If I was looking for people to apologize, then I would of opened up with that. If you're trying to make me look stupid then you failed, but I'm glad you're the decider on what makes a thread good or bad.

This was in no way meant to be that kind of thread, but you seem to think it is. THE POINT of this was stating what was laughed at is turning true, like it wasn't possible to get hot when we needed to.

beating the bengals was pretty important fyi. Would have been great to do it

And no I wasn't trying to make you look stupid. Trying to figure out the point of this thread so I can reply accordingly

beating the bengals was pretty important fyi. Would have been great to do it

And no I wasn't trying to make you look stupid. Trying to figure out the point of this thread so I can reply accordingly

I explained the point twice. Yes, it was important to beat the Bengals. I stated all that mattered was us getting hot at the right time (which is playoff time). My suggestion of this was laughed at. We've gotten hot and have been rolling the past three weeks.

What would the benefit be to "hiding" things from us?

The game meant more to the Colts than it did to the Chiefs.

If they can win playing vanilla -- good for them.

But, otherwise, they save their best for when the two teams meet in the playoffs.

At least,  that's how the thinking would go.....

I explained the point twice. Yes, it was important to beat the Bengals. I stated all that mattered was us getting hot at the right time (which is playoff time). My suggestion of this was laughed at. We've gotten hot and have been rolling the past three weeks.

I'd say that anyone who would laugh at saying we need to get hot at the right time must have been laughing at something else. Who could possibly argue with that?

But, otherwise, they save their best for when the two teams meet in the playoffs.

I think I started a thread back then asking if either team would play vanilla. In my estimation, I don't think so. But it's really hard to tell without the All 22.

I'd say that anyone who would laugh at saying we need to get hot at the right time must have been laughing at something else. Who could possibly argue with that?

You tell me. I made the comparison to the Giants first Super Bowl run, which was met with more than one "Lol, the Giants were better than we were" remarks.

At least, that's how the thinking would go.....

I don't believe it did mean more to us. All we could do was jockey for a slightly better chance at the 2 seed. Same thing the Chiefs were after I believe.

I don't believe it did mean more to us. All we could do was jockey for a slightly better chance at the 2 seed. Same thing the Chiefs were after I believe.

the game meant a lot to both teams at the time. 

KC still had a chance for the 1 seed (mathematically ) if the broncos were to lose 1 of their last two games and chiefs won the last two games

and indy of course still had a shot for the 2 seed. 

so technically both teams still had a lot to play for. 

it's what happens when we have a lot of fans who " doubt " the colts. 

the game meant a lot to both teams at the time.

KC still had a chance for the 1 seed (mathematically ) if the broncos were to lose 1 of their last two games and chiefs won the last two games

and indy of course still had a shot for the 2 seed.

so technically both teams still had a lot to play for.

Yep. No incentive for KC to hide from us or play vanilla.

Regardless of what was shrugged off as you say, most Colts fans knew we had the division won for weeks now. Even when we were playing like crap, most Colts fans felt at the time we were one and done. Now that we finished the season strong we have hope that we could make some noise in the playoffs.

We needed to finish strong to have a shot. It gives the team confidence and momentum going into the playoffs.

Your suggestion was no secret, just logical.

I don't recall anyone laughing at such a suggestion but I'm laughing at this post now. Lol

It really "did matter "how we played vs Cinn. and the above says it didn't ... right ? If we had won that game we now would  have a 1st round bye and a 2nd round home game . Instead we go to Denver IF we win the wild card game. 

Now if we win the AFC , then you can come back and say it "really didn't matter how we played vs Cinn." I guess what you are trying to say is we looked so bad in the Cinn game and some most of the other games after Denver , many thought it was not likely that this team could not turn it around ? If that is what you are trying to say ..... then OK... nice call .

wut? knowing theyd most likely play us again WHEN IT MATTERS (playoffs), whos to say they didnt go vanilla with their game planning... teams do this all the time man!

Because at the time, KC still had a shot at winning their division. Teams DO NOT go vanilla when they are still capable of winning their division MAN.

wut? knowing theyd most likely play us again WHEN IT MATTERS (playoffs), whos to say they didnt go vanilla with their game planning... teams do this all the time man!

Why would they be thinking they would most likely play us again going into the game two weeks ago? That's makes absolutely no sense.

Correct me if I am wrong, Indyfan4Life; but this is what I think you are saying:

The Bengal's game was bad which brought out the usual Danny Downers and Negative Neds (I refuse to point my finger at poor Debbie and Nancy when the majority of the members here are male. ;) )

And, it's not that you told others that the game vs. the Bengals wasn't important; but merely that the poor play of the Colts in that game was not necessarily a harbinger of things to come. 

So, you gave the example of the Giants and could have also used the example of the Colts when many thought they would go no where in the playoffs especially after being smeared by the Jaguars by a score of 44-17 and allowing them to rush for 375 (or whatever it was) yards.

But, the "sky is falling" Dannys and Neds laughed at you for even entertaining such a thought after that miserable loss to the Bengals. 

And, you are now here to tell Danny and Ned that they need to have a little more faith in the Colts.  They are looking good and you really hope that their hot streak continues . . . as do I.

Correct me if I am wrong, Indyfan4Life; but this is what I think you are saying:

The Bengal's game was bad which brought out the usual Danny Downers and Negative Neds (I refuse to point my finger at poor Debbie and Nancy when the majority of the members here are male. ;) )

And, it's not that you told others that the game vs. the Bengals wasn't important; but merely that the poor play of the Colts in that game was not necessarily a harbinger of things to come. 

So, you gave the example of the Giants and could have also used the example of the Colts when many thought they would go no where in the playoffs especially after being smeared by the Jaguars by a score of 44-17 and allowing them to rush for 375 (or whatever it was) yards.

But, the "sky is falling" Dannys and Neds laughed at you for even entertaining such a thought after that miserable loss to the Bengals. 

And, you are now here to tell Danny and Ned that they need to have a little more faith in the Colts.  They are looking good and you really hope that their hot streak continues . . . as do I.

Well, you know I dont laugh at people who try to see the positive sides of things....or at least to not focus on the negative. It is pretty amazing at how much continual whining and moaning there was on this board for about 6 weeks...about how we just didn't look like a good team(I am being kind as the descriptions were pretty overboard)....yet we flatout whipped 3 teams in a row, and one was yet another top team.

Is there equal contrition? Never.

At least, that's how the thinking would go.....

they were still playing for the division title and home field. The colts were playing for seeding but already had their division locked up. I think it meant a lot to both teams if not slightly more to KC.

HUH  That would mean they new they would face the Colts ?  Before they got spanked .

So they really did'nt want to go undefeated they wanted to finish 11-5  this is saving there best for the playoffs  .   :thmup: 

Well, you know I dont laugh at people who try to see the positive sides of things....or at least to not focus on the negative. It is pretty amazing at how much continual whining and moaning there was on this board for about 6 weeks...about how we just didn't look like a good team(I am being kind as the descriptions were pretty overboard)....yet we flatout whipped 3 teams in a row, and one was yet another top team.

Is there equal contrition? Never.

:spit::funny::lol::hat:

But why not Warhorse some people just say the darndest things ..  All year oh I hate the draft I hate our free agents pick ups or We got screwed when we traded for T Rich ..

Some much stupidity so lil time ..  2 years with Andrew Luck in the playoffs   11-5  .   Yeah our Colts Suck we should just jump on the Broncos bandwagon .

HUH  That would mean they new they would face the Colts ?  Before they got spanked .

So they really did'nt want to go undefeated they wanted to finish 11-5  this is saving there best for the playoffs  .   :thmup:

Huh?

The really didn't want to go undefeated?   Huh?

The Chiefs already had 3 losses when they played the Colts.....

KC's loss to Indy was their 4th loss of the season....

What would the benefit be to "hiding" things from us?

I doubt they hid much from us.  At the time, they were playing for a potential 1/2 seed.  It was unlikely, sure.  But if things had worked out as they had hoped for, they could have gotten home field advantage.  Now if we played them this past Sunday, then yeah, you'd absolutely be correct. 

Sometimes it's all about how you word things.

If were losing to the Bengals, which we were playing for a 2nd seed, a you post " *all that matters* is to get hot within the next few weeks", your going to get people laughing at you. Getting hot after the Bengals game isn't the only thing that matters, winning the Bengals game was important. I understand you thought the Bengals game was in fact important but your comment implied it wasn't important.

Huh?

The really didn't want to go undefeated?   Huh?     Plain english Pal 

The Chiefs already had 3 losses when they played the Colts.....  I did'nt say they did'nt :thmup:

KC's loss to Indy was their 4th loss of the season....     And according to my post this was there master plan thank you for your participation .\\ :thmup:

ÅÐØNϧ 1, on 30 Dec 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:snapback.png

:td:   Spanked 5 times can't get nothing by you   .