Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck/NY Jets

chadedward

Having somewhat of an interest in the NY Jets (I have family in NJ) I check the Gang Green message board once in awhile. A big topic on their board is the QB situation. I am so thankful we have Andrew Luck. No QB drama needed. We are blessed to have went from Peyton to Andrew.

Keep Sanchez, dump Sanchez. Keep Geno, dump Geno. Draft. Have a QB derby. What a mess. Us Colts fans have it made.

Having somewhat of an interest in the NY Jets (I have family in NJ) I check the Gang Green message board once in awhile. A big topic on their board is the QB situation. I am so thankful we have Andrew Luck. No QB drama needed. We are blessed to have went from Peyton to Andrew. Keep Sanchez, dump Sanchez. Keep Geno, dump Geno. Draft. Have a QB derby. What a mess. Us Colts fans have it made.

Since Harbaugh until today, we had one year of QB drama. My Browns friends have almost as many starters every year than we've had in about 20.

Plus, Manning and Luck have pretty much kept football alive in Indy.

Having somewhat of an interest in the NY Jets (I have family in NJ) I check the Gang Green message board once in awhile. A big topic on their board is the QB situation. I am so thankful we have Andrew Luck. No QB drama needed. We are blessed to have went from Peyton to Andrew.

Keep Sanchez, dump Sanchez. Keep Geno, dump Geno. Draft. Have a QB derby. What a mess. Us Colts fans have it made.

Half the teams in the NFL are settled at QB and the half are not.  It's like that every year.

Have the Jets ever had a good quarterback? Some teams always have great players in certain positions but not so much in others.

We have always had great quarterbacks. Unitas, Jones and Manning. Luck will be getting there, and Harbaugh had a great couple of years.

While the Jets have had great positions, but the quarterback wasn't and never has been one.

Have the Jets ever had a good quarterback? Some teams always have great players in certain positions but not so much in others. We have always had great quarterbacks. Unitas, Jones and Manning. Luck will be getting there, and Harbaugh had a great couple of years. While the Jets have had great positions, but the quarterback wasn't and never has been one.

Pennington was good for the 3 games a year he was healthy. 

Have the Jets ever had a good quarterback? Some teams always have great players in certain positions but not so much in others. We have always had great quarterbacks. Unitas, Jones and Manning. Luck will be getting there, and Harbaugh had a great couple of years. While the Jets have had great positions, but the quarterback wasn't and never has been one.

Unitas and Jones don't count as" Indianapolis" Colts QB's.  That's the same as the Oklahoma Thunder claiming an NBA championship.

Unitas and Jones don't count as" Indianapolis" Colts QB's.  That's the same as the Oklahoma Thunder claiming an NBA championship.

They played with a horseshoe on the side of their head. They are "Colts quarterbacks". The city is not part of the franchise, it's just where it plays.

Unitas and Jones don't count as" Indianapolis" Colts QB's. That's the same as the Oklahoma Thunder claiming an NBA championship.

You can continue pretending the team started in 1984 in some silly pride complex formed between two cities. Meanwhile I'll continue to embrace the rich past, present, and future of a great franchise.

Just don't forget most of those players in 1984 were Colts before you were a fan.

they won one of the most famus sb's with hall of fame qb joe namath.

if you think harbaugh was great, then there were some other "great" qb's for the jets.

You can continue pretending the team started in 1984 in some silly pride complex formed between two cities. Meanwhile I'll continue to embrace the rich past, present, and future of a great franchise. Just don't forget most of those players in 1984 were Colts before you were a fan.

I was a fan of the Baltimore Colts before Indy even sniffed at the possibility of securing an NFL franchise.

The Baltimore Colts history ened when the rolled out of Baltimore in the middle of the night.  And any self respecting Indy Colts fan would agree.

I was a fan of the Baltimore Colts before Indy even sniffed at the possibility of securing an NFL franchise.

The Baltimore Colts history ened when the rolled out of Baltimore in the middle of the night.  And any self respecting Indy Colts fan would agree.

you must be one of those bitter baltimore people. why don't you just become a raven fan like the others.

I was a fan of the Baltimore Colts before Indy even sniffed at the possibility of securing an NFL franchise.The Baltimore Colts history ened when the rolled out of Baltimore in the middle of the night. And any self respecting Indy Colts fan would agree.
Actually there are plenty of Colts fans here that embrace the past. I might want to refer you to MAC and Barry.
they won one of the most famus sb's with hall of fame qb joe namath.if you think harbaugh was great, then there were some other "great" qb's for the jets.
Overrated at most. The guy doesn't even have a winning record. And Barry says New York, at the time, ran an interview with Namath where he admitted he never made the guarantee just went along with it. Only seem air once though because it would have killed the Cinderella story. Which I heard about before Barry posted about it a few months back.Also I don't think Harbaugh was great, but he gave us a good run for a few years.

I've been a Colts fan since 1966. I've cheered for Unitas, Jones, Harbaugh, Manning, and now Luck. They are ALL part of Colts history. If some people want to ignore almost half of Colts history, that's their own prerogative, but others like me prefer to embrace almost all of their franchise entirety. In so doing, we Colts fans have been a pretty darn lucky bunch throughout Colts franchise history, whether that be in Baltimore or Indy.

You can continue pretending the team started in 1984 in some silly pride complex formed between two cities. Meanwhile I'll continue to embrace the rich past, present, and future of a great franchise. Just don't forget most of those players in 1984 were Colts before you were a fan.

I strongly disagree.  I completely ignore colt players before 1984. Plus the vast majority of baltimore colt players ignore indy as well (including buzzcut). So FORGET THEM and johnny can have his smelly old sneakers back as well..

The Indianapolis Colts history starts in 1984.  Period.

Why would the Colt's history not follow them??

- No arrangement ever existed like in the case of the Cleveland Browns. Where the the team moves to Baltimore to become the Ravens, but the city of Cleveland got to retain the rights to the name and history.

- All logos and colors remained franchise property.

- Ownership remained the same.

- The NFL officially recognizes the Colts from 1953 - 2013 to be the same franchise/entity.

This isn't the case like some teams where the franchise ceased to exist and than was reborn or an expansion team that has some complex fairly recent history like the Oilers/Titans/Texans.  This is a straight forward city relocation, with no other changes.

Do the Rams, Raiders, and Cardinals also not get to keep their histories since they have moved cities?

Are you bitter? I can see no other reason you would be against a historical franchise maintaining continuity and keeping its history intact.

Do the Rams, Raiders, and Cardinals also not get to keep their histories since they have moved cities?

Are you bitter? I can see no other reason you would be against a historical franchise maintaining continuity and keeping its history intact.

The St. Louis Rams history should start when they came to St Louis. Same with the Cardinals. The Raiders left Oakland and went back. The "Oakland" Raiders history should be amended for the years they were the LA Raiders.

It's not an issue of bitterness. Mostly because there is none.

They had some guy named Nameth once that was supposed to be pretty good :)

The best move for the Jets is to dump Sanchez, Geno, and Rex move on. They'll probably keep Geno though.

Sorry,  but there's no reason to be getting rid of Geno at this point. 

The Jets have lousy receivers, lousy TE's, and lousy RB's...   they have an OK offensive line.

No way to know how good or bad Geno truly is....   not with so little talent around him,  plus the fact he's a rookie.

And I say all this as someone who is NOT a fan of Geno Smith.

Namath doesn't ring a bell for you?? seriously?? I mean he did beat the colts in super bowl III although alot of people feel it was a fixed super bowl win for the jets. 

Actually there are plenty of Colts fans here that embrace the past. I might want to refer you to MAC and Barry.

Overrated at most. The guy doesn't even have a winning record. And Barry says New York, at the time, ran an interview with Namath where he admitted he never made the guarantee just went along with it. Only seem air once though because it would have killed the Cinderella story. Which I heard about before Barry posted about it a few months back.Also I don't think Harbaugh was great, but he gave us a good run for a few years.

I embrace the pass, to me the horse shoe is the horse shoe no matter what city they were in before. still blue and white

Well, if it's any help to the debate at all, statistically, all Indianapolis Colts records, stats, HOF, etc. include Baltimore Colts as well.  It is what it is.  You can ignore pre-1984, fine.  Ignoring it doesn't really make it go away though.  Fact of the matter is, officially, Johnny Unitas is part of Colts history.

"

Have the Jets ever had a good quarterback?

I seem to remember some guy out of Alabama they had back in the 60s who wasn't too bad. Had a bit of a drinking problem as I recall. Maybe the Jets could give him a call, and ask him what it was he was drinking, and order up a couple of cases of it for Geno and Mark. The worst that could happen is that they would still suck, but they'd be a whole lot more fun at the after-game press conference.

It sems to be the fate of the Colts as a franchise that when the Colts are good it's always because we have an exceptional QB for a long run. The run of QBs and quality teams starts with the Unitas Colts, continued with the bert Jones Colts, long lull to Peyton, who passed off to Luck (and I anticipate a long run). Of course you might make a case for Harbaugh, or Chandler but those were blips. 

Why would the Colt's history not follow them??

- No arrangement ever existed like in the case of the Cleveland Browns. Where the the team moves to Baltimore to become the Ravens, but the city of Cleveland got to retain the rights to the name and history.

- All logos and colors remained franchise property.

- Ownership remained the same.

- The NFL officially recognizes the Colts from 1953 - 2013 to be the same franchise/entity.

This isn't the case like some teams where the franchise ceased to exist and than was reborn or an expansion team that has some complex fairly recent history like the Oilers/Titans/Texans.  This is a straight forward city relocation, with no other changes.

It's a good question. Do the fans that have the anti-Baltimore Colts feelings accept their brothers who root for the Colts despite the fact that we have no geographical connection to the Colts. Do I not bleed blue even though I know of not another Colt fan in my entire city of Saint Hubert, Quebec, Canada? My connection to the Colts is exactly the same as it was when the team was in Baltimore.....I choose to be a Colts fan and geography is not a factor a factor in my choice. Is there a way for me to unlove the team that I followed as a boy when the team was in Baltimore? Would the fans who revile the Colts history in Baltimore suddenly hate the Colts if they became the first international NFL team and moved to Toronto or Mexico City? I don't care what state someone lives in, what language they speak,  what color they are, or what country they live in, if they love and care about the fortunes of the horseshoe they are my family. I hope that the fans of ONLY the Indianapolis Colts never are faced with the geographical relocation of their team. What would those Indy Colts only fans do? Would they abandon the horseshoe? Once when I was visiting in Roswell New Mexico I met a man from Virginia named Jerry. He was a Colt fan with whom I probably had little else in common ..... but man that discussion of our feelings about the NFL champion 2006 Colts made us a close as brothers.......and our discussion abots the 1970 super bowl 5 champs wasn't too bad either.