Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Schaub to start against Broncos, Ben Tate goes on IR

bayone

Matt Schaub will start vs. #Broncos on Sunday. Ben Tate also out.

2:01 PM - 18 Dec 2013

One has to wonder if this is in response to Ben Tate being placed on IR.  Without Tate,Case Keenum would have virtually nothing to lean on.  Schaub is the better choice from where I'm standing, though it could bode well for the our Broncos secondary.says MHR 

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/12/18/5224634/matt-schaub-to-start-against-broncos

Whether it was a thumb injury or the 0-8 record as a starter, the Houston Texans finally decided they won't have Case Keenum play quarterback Sunday against the Broncos.

It's a tough break for the Broncos as veteran Matt Schaub gives the Texans a more qualified quarterback.

Schaub, who struggled mightily with pick-sixes earlier this season, but is a two-time Pro Bowler and played well in beating the Broncos last season.

But at least Schaub has proven he can lead a team to victory. Schaub gives the 2-12 Texans a better chance in their game Sunday against the 11-3 Broncos at Reliant Stadium.

Keenum suffered an injured thumb on his right throwing hand Sunday in an inept 25-3 loss to Indianapolis, but if he proved to be healthy he might have seen a ninth start this Sunday against the Broncos.

Read more: Texans say Matt Schaub — not Case Keenum — to start at QB vs. Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24749487/case-keenum-mdash-0-8-so-far-mdash#ixzz2nrAFKie8 

Edited by Superman
formatting

No, its injury related. Keenum has torn ligaments in his thumb on his throwing hand.

2nd article noted that

to repeaat from my op

Whether it was a thumb injury or the 0-8 record as a starter, the Houston Texans finally decided they won't have Case Keenum play quarterback Sunday against the Broncos.

& later its added

Keenum suffered an injured thumb on his right throwing hand Sunday in an inept 25-3 loss to Indianapolis, but if he proved to be healthy he might have seen a ninth start this Sunday against the Broncos

I saw where MS was going to start for an injured Keenum but did not know about Tate

Tate is done in Houston. He will be starting for another team next year. Houston probably put him on IR so they can see if Deji Karim is the backup to Foster next year.

Tate is done in Houston. He will be starting for another team next year. Houston probably put him on IR so they can see if Deji Karim is the backup to Foster next year.

is Deji Karim any good, I really have no idea about him

think his only play this year was Vs Colts 4 rushes 21 yards, 5.3 average

But cant be a strong / good  as tate  I Imagine, but he was a sub 4.4 in 40 yard time, 4.37 actually

there Depth Chart has 

Dennis Johnson as # 2 back

----------------

Dennis Johnson will start at running back for the Texans this week versus Denver.

Ben Tate (ribs) was placed on injured reserve Wednesday. Johnson will handle the bulk of the work, and Deji Karim is the new No. 2. Chad Spann will likely get the call up from the practice squad to fill the No. 3 role. The Broncos have allowed the ninth-most fantasy points to opposing running backs this season. Look for Denver to blow Houston out, forcing the Texans to pass for much of the afternoon. Johnson could see a lot of targets out of the backfield. He needs to be owned in 14-team leagues as player who should dominate touches. Dec 18 - 2:24 PM

At 5-7 and 193 pounds, the 23-year old Johnson says he brings speed and toughness to the running game.  A self-proclaimed physical player, Johnson laughed when asked if his size had ever been a challenge in his style of play.

is Deji Karim any good, I really have no idea about him

But cant be a strong / good as tate I Imagine, but he was a sub 4.4 in 40 yard time, 4.37 actually

there Depth Chart has

Deji was KR for the Colts last year. He is fast and hitting the holes quick is important. Houston runs the Shanahan ZBS in the run game. Deji could have some success there in the same way Donald Brown had success spelling the power backs earlier in the year.

Deji was KR for the Colts last year. He is fast and hitting the holes quick is important. Houston runs the Shanahan ZBS in the run game. Deji could have some success there in the same way Donald Brown had success spelling the power backs earlier in the year.

Now I remember that, thanks

I like Case but, at this point, I agree

Denver should be concerned facing a veteran who may know he's playing his final home game ever in Houston.

He may have one big passing game left in him

Texans have nothing to lose & I expect some tricks or whatever but all out play as this if they won would make their season

same with the new RB rotation, all to gain must showcase Vs a Weak Denver  DL of late Vs the run

u dont want running success to pave the way for effective play action with a Denver secondary such as they are

is Deji Karim any good, I really have no idea about him

But cant be a strong / good  as tate  I Imagine, but he was a sub 4.4 in 40 yard time, 4.37 actually

there Depth Chart has 

----------------

Dennis Johnson will start at running back for the Texans this week versus Denver.

Ben Tate (ribs) was placed on injured reserve Wednesday. Johnson will handle the bulk of the work, and Deji Karim is the new No. 2. Chad Spann will likely get the call up from the practice squad to fill the No. 3 role. The Broncos have allowed the ninth-most fantasy points to opposing running backs this season. Look for Denver to blow Houston out, forcing the Texans to pass for much of the afternoon. Johnson could see a lot of targets out of the backfield. He needs to be owned in 14-team leagues as player who should dominate touches. Dec 18 - 2:24 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8697/dennis-johnson

Deji is a very good KR but hasn't had the chance to show anything as a featured back

Deji is a very good KR but hasn't had the chance to show anything as a featured back

thank you and as u were answering me i added/ edited  tio my comment

At 5-7 and 193 pounds, the 23-year old Johnson says he brings speed and toughness to the running game.  A self-proclaimed physical player, Johnson laughed when asked if his size had ever been a challenge in his style of play.

thank you and as u were answering me i added/ edited  tio my comment

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/RB-Dennis-Johnsons-time-to-shine/206d4d40-c9a0-4e13-a356-e186ee742d1a

You are Welcome Barry

Interesting. I am sure Denver would have rather had Case in there.

I am sure thats who they were preparing for all  this time, that coaching staff doesn't think about contingencies

Matt will air it out to 2 good WR and Denver just better not do stupid PI's 

As I said in denver Vs Texan thread,

am not worried about texans , Denver is there own worse enemy and a desperate texan team can claim a measure of victory if stop and beat Denver

I think they try anything to get the win.,. maybe even some trick plays on offense and just jumping some routes even if cant tell if thats where Peyton is going in hope of just getting an xtra IT snuck in, etc, u get my drift

I am sure thats who they were preparing for all  this time, that coaching staff doesn't think about contingencies

am not worried about texans , Denver is there own worse enemy and a desperate texan team can claim a measure of victory if stop and beat Denver

I think they try anything to get the win.,. maybe even some trick plays on offense and just jumping some routes even if cant tell if thats where Peyton is going in hope of just getting an xtra IT snuck in, etc, u get my drift

Yes, a team with nothing to lose is always dangerous. And Schaub is playing for his starting career at this point. Still, I think Denver wins without too much of an issue if you like you say they play clean.

At least Manning knows Schaub like the back of his hand.

Yes, a team with nothing to lose is always dangerous. And Schaub is playing for his starting career at this point. Still, I think Denver wins without too much of an issue if you like you say they play clean.

At least Manning knows Schaub like the back of his hand.

thius is whats scary

read this ESPN article with highlighted excerpts, this link should take u too it -- u will see my only concern quite fast

http://forums.colts.com/topic/24332-broncos-sign-de-jeremy-mincey-just-released-from-jags-have-to-decide-who-to-cut-wolfe-to-ir-is-possible/#entry680038

Have a great night, all OK but just got call going to  assisted living to observe mom's eating habits post dietrician suggestions with some new items,  and medicine to increase appetite, need to gain back that suden 15 pund weight loss or at least half of it, sometimes I can stimulate her to eat new things

also finaally got them to get blood tests but not back yet

Agree 100%. This is a team they definately should beat...but a team that is wounded and A LOT of people playing for jobs next year. If the Broncos play clean they should win...but if you let them have confidence and stay in the game...and let the crowd get into it...it is very easy to see that team let a whole season of pent up frustration out on the Broncos. They played us very well the first time and played you guys well too so they have talent....we will see if they have heart....they didn't even show up against us last week...I'm sure Denver is hoping for the same.

With Schaub starting, the official white flags are being waved in Houston.

Hardly. Schaub is the best QB on their roster, and is playing to prove he can get it done at his next stop. If anything this makes Houston less likely to roll over and die out the gate.

Hardly. Schaub is the best QB on their roster, and is playing to prove he can get it done at his next stop. If anything this makes Houston less likely to roll over and die out the gate.

Agreed...Houston's 'O' looked absent against the Colts.

Schaub certainly will ask his teammates for one big effort in the home finale...

I like that Ben Tate's done, though.,.that's stretch run they do could hurt Denver and Schaub runs the bootleg off it to get time.

The numbers say differently..but when you watch/Denver is better against the pass than they are against power running.

They just aren't very big up front.

..still a rested offense should put up the 30-40 they average

Matt Schaub will start vs. #Broncos on Sunday. Ben Tate also out.

2:01 PM - 18 Dec 2013

One has to wonder if this is in response to Ben Tate being placed on IR.  Without Tate,Case Keenum would have virtually nothing to lean on.  Schaub is the better choice from where I'm standing, though it could bode well for the our Broncos secondary.says MHR 

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/12/18/5224634/matt-schaub-to-start-against-broncos

Whether it was a thumb injury or the 0-8 record as a starter, the Houston Texans finally decided they won't have Case Keenum play quarterback Sunday against the Broncos.

It's a tough break for the Broncos as veteran Matt Schaub gives the Texans a more qualified quarterback.

Schaub, who struggled mightily with pick-sixes earlier this season, but is a two-time Pro Bowler and played well in beating the Broncos last season.

But at least Schaub has proven he can lead a team to victory. Schaub gives the 2-12 Texans a better chance in their game Sunday against the 11-3 Broncos at Reliant Stadium.

Keenum suffered an injured thumb on his right throwing hand Sunday in an inept 25-3 loss to Indianapolis, but if he proved to be healthy he might have seen a ninth start this Sunday against the Broncos.

Read more: Texans say Matt Schaub — not Case Keenum — to start at QB vs. Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24749487/case-keenum-mdash-0-8-so-far-mdash#ixzz2nrAFKie8 

RB Ben Tate is out too. Ooh...Suddenly, Denver's chances of winning just rose significantly. Plus, I expect Matt  Schaub to throw at least 2 picks too maybe 3. It is the season for giving you know. LOL! Sorry my bad. 

Any news on the health of Denver's DE Derrick Wolfe? 

RB Ben Tate is out too. Ooh...Suddenly, Denver's chances of winning just rose significantly. Plus, I expect Matt  Schaub to throw at least 2 picks too maybe 3. It is the season for giving you know. LOL! Sorry my bad. 

DE Derrick Wolfe still cant practice is exercising read the below

take care, i am off after this

welker doing some exercises as per protocol i read below

------------------------------------

( WELKER ) The exercise is picking up," coach John Fox said of Welker's progress. "They're doing more and more with him in the weight room, (and he's) running around out here a little bit. He's feeling better every day."

Wolfe, too, is making strides.

"He was in Monday," Fox said. "He looks a lot better today than he did Monday. He's exercising more, getting acclimated to the workout part of playing football. We'll see what the rest of this week and next week bring."

Read more: Wes Welker, Derek Wolfe, Kayvon Webster sit out of Broncos practice - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24758331/wes-welker-derek-wolfe-kayvon-webster-broncos#ixzz2o0ywpEXp 

DENVER will win if can play and not beat themselves with foolish mis communication,, poor tackling  penalties and fumbles, they must play as a team again

In fact del rio has said they have had to try more defensive alignments do to injuries etc than any other team he knows of this year  and of all his  teams he coached in his career   and so its hard to find the correct working unit

& to address that

see

http://forums.colts.com/topic/24419-broncos-back-to-practicing-in-pads-hoping-to-relearn-how-to-stop-the-run-get-physical-again-back-to-basic-fundamentals/#entry681367

have a good weekend, Go Colts, Go Peyton

I think there chances went from 99.8 to 99.9.

Matt Schaub is going to get his first win in a long time vs that defense lol

He already beat them in Denver last year, if you remember. But then, Peyton was still getting used to that new offense and it was game 4 of the season, if I remember right.

The more I think of it, I do think the Texans will be competitive the first half because both teams might be feeling out each other. The second half, the Broncos will finish them off.

Broncos 41 Texans 24 or something close to that.