Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Angerer placed on IR, Colts sign RB

TKnight24

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many RB'S do we truly need? Besides, i liked what i saw from choice. He ran better than T-RICH, even though the defense knew a run was coming.

We have 2 healthy RB's

This RB signing is bad news for Donald Brown. Chuck Pagano already said Griff Whalen is fine. So that means Donald Brown isn't

Well looks like the colts are trying to do everything to get the rb core into shape. I was impressed with the way choice was running in garbage time he did show some fire out and finding holes for a person who is still learning the playbook, also the colts might be resting Donald for the playoffs  

Do you think maybe Pat still has a promblem with prior injury with his foot or ankle, If I'am correct he was injured earlier in the season where surgery was a option

The way it was explained yesterday on the radio was his healthy scratch was relative to Pat because he always has something nagging at him just most of the time it's not bad enough to have to go on the injury report and not enough for him to miss games and that he's just gotten beat up in this league and isn't the same player he was just two years ago due to those injuries. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Does anybody else find it strange that in a few weeks we went from a team with "no depth" to a team whose backup-depth players are playing better ball than the starters?  (Rogers, Brazill, Whalen, Nixon, Reitz, McGlynn @center, McNary, Sheppard, Werner)  It's almost like this Grigson guy knows what he's doing.

The way it was explained yesterday on the radio was his healthy scratch was relative to Pat because he always has something nagging at him just most of the time it's not bad enough to have to go on the injury report and not enough for him to miss games and that he's just gotten beat up in this league and isn't the same player he was just two years ago due to those injuries. 

Well you are correct he is not the same player of 2 years ago somewhere along this time line he has had a couple of injuries the last one earlier in the year was a injury which was a option for surgery, He elected to play through it and now maybe it has got worse and it is time to get surgery on it as we can see the other LBS are playing very good at this time.

Does anybody else find it strange that in a few weeks we went from a team with "no depth" to a team whose backup-depth players are playing better ball than the starters?  (Rogers, Brazill, Whalen, Nixon, Reitz, McGlynn @center, McNary, Sheppard, Werner)  It's almost like this Grigson guy knows what he's doing.

Agreed

Rotoworld:

Colts placed ILB Pat Angerer on injured reserve, ending his season.

Angerer was a healthy inactive in Week 15, but dealt with a knee injury earlier this year that is expected to require surgery. He'll finish 2013 with 63 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and an interception over 11 games (nine starts) and will enter unrestricted free agency this offseason. The Colts have signed veteran RB Shaun Draughn to replace Angerer on the active roster.

Dec 17 - 11:24 AM

Signs of younger players starting to come on which is what you are really hoping for from younger players about this time of year.  Last year's draft class was a freak of nature because they pretty much all came ready to play in a big way right out of the box.  This year's class and younger players in general has taken longer to develop.  This is great news for us going forward.  A lot of younger players have gotten some major extended minutes due to all the injuries and should help us in the future and make us even better.  This is why I have been encouraging people not to rush to judgment on Girgson's moves this year.  It might take a year or two to completely see what we got. 

The only two moves that I think you can safely say that have completely bombed were the signing of DHB and drafting John Boyett.  Everyone else has either given them something or is still to be determined like in the case of Holmes. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Signs of younger players starting to come on which is what you are really hoping for from younger players about this time of year.  Last year's draft class was a freak of nature because they pretty much all came ready to play in a big way right out of the box.  This year's class and younger players in general has taken longer to develop.  This is great news for us going forward.  A lot of younger players have gotten some major extended minutes due to all the injuries and should help us in the future and make us even better.  This is why I have been encouraging people not to rush to judgment on Girgson's moves this year.  It might take a year or two to completely see what we got. 

The only two moves that I think you can safely say that have completely bombed were the signing of DHB and drafting John Boyett.  Everyone else has either given them something or is still to be determined like in the case of Holmes. 

Even TRich is starting to show flashes.  Good things come to those who wait.  But then again the early bird gets the worm.  Wait...I don't know what I'm saying anymore.

Good post. I don't even hold the Boyett drafting against Grigson. Low risk drafting in the 6th round. It's not Grigson's fault Boyett squandered his opportunity by acting like an *. Boyett didn't even have a history of behavioral issues, I don't think. That was completely unforeseeable. 

The DHB signing, on the other hand, has been a bust. And that's not a word I use lightly, if ever. It just has not worked out for us, and has probably hindered us in certain ways. Not a problematic contract, but we could have done something else with that roster spot and $3m. Alas...

The rest of the draft, like you say, the jury is still out on. I try not to get carried along with the breeze when it comes to rookie players. Werner has looked good and bad this season, but it's encouraging to see him playing better as time goes on. I'm concerned that Holmes can't get on the field, but there are a number of reasons for that, I think, including his injury status. Thornton has been up and down, but he gets a plus grade as a rookie. Hughes took some time to get on the field, but has shown promise, and if he winds up being a starter for us, that's a great buy in the 5th round. Williams and Boyett didn't do anything. Cunningham got snatched up off waivers; wasn't a bad pick, but he's gone now.

In all, I think we made some foundational moves this offseason, really trying to shore up the trench play. Still some work to do, which is no surprise, but the guys who were drafted should really help moving forward. And it frees us up to use some resources on playmakers.

Even TRich is starting to show flashes.  Good things come to those who wait.  But then again the early bird gets the worm.  Wait...I don't know what I'm saying anymore.

We got the worm last year and now we are getting good things for waiting?  Sounds like we are winning but I am not sure?