Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff Whalen to have MRI

TKnight24

its probably the same foot he broke previously. So its probably serious

Those are two pretty big assumptions. There's no telling which foot it is, unless I missed something. And if it is the foot that was previously injured, then having an MRI due to some discomfort could very easily be precautionary.

I don't know, either way. Just saying...

Those are two pretty big assumptions. There's no telling which foot it is, unless I missed something. And if it is the foot that was previously injured, then having an MRI due to some discomfort could very easily be precautionary.

I don't know, either way. Just saying...

may be, but since he has a previous foot unjury, especially breaking it, the assumption has a very good chance of being correct. However, you may be right about the assumption of it being serious. Im a pessimist, expect the worst hope for the best. Less disappointment that way.

Our trainer needs to go bye bye. TODAY. 

And I don't know what DHB is spiking the Gatorade with, but it's destroying our receiving corps! :(

I usually resist stuff like this; I don't think the training staff is responsible in any way for the injuries athletes suffer. 

But I've read this year about some of the changes to training protocol Chip Kelly has instituted with the Eagles, and how the Eagles are holding up pretty well with regard to injuries this season. They've changed their practice schedule: Mondays off, practice Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, light training Friday. They brought in a guy who specializes in Navy Seal training and who spent time with the Olympic training staff to be their "Sports Science Coordinator." They've embraced technology to collect data specific to each individual player, then they personalize training and recovery, even nutrition, based on that player's goals and needs. I could go on. If you want to read about it: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/24/chip-kellys-mystery-man/ or http://www.trentonian.com/sports/20131210/eagles-players-support-chip-kellys-tuesday-practice-plan

So I don't think the training staff is at fault. But with the advancements in technology and the increasing embrace of analytics, it would be nice to see the Colts implement some of this stuff. We're certainly not doing just fine when it comes to injuries.

In the Bengals game Rogers & Brazil showed some flash, in the Texans game Griff showed he could make some plays, Pep is getting TRich involved in the pass game more, not even mentioning TY or Fleener...

The more guys that can get involved the more options Luck has...

That's a good thing going into this last stretch & into playoffs...