Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB has been BENCHED

TKnight24

No offense to you , but "hello" to chuck and the rest on this. Didn't this already hapen last week as DHB saw about half the snaps that Rogers and Brazil had ?

Well the thing is, Chuck Pagano does a press conference everyday after practice. He's very "evasive" so to speak when answering questions. Not a bold person like someone like Mike Tomlin I guess you could say would be.

So seeing as how yes indeed DHB did see less snaps last week, you basically have to read between the lines that this week DHB most likely won't start

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers did have two balls Sunday that hit him in the hands that he didn't bring in. If those were on DBH this forum would have gone beserk. His first TD was a thing of beauty for being his first extended playing time. DBH took two guys out at the goal line on this 2nd TD which I don't think anyone else has pointed out.

No question in my mind that DBH needs to be set down. He has been horrible lately. I feel sorry for him because from all reports he a good guy and a very hard worker. I was really pulling for him but time to cut ties.

He had 9 targets and 6 catches. If the two drops , and at least one would have to , include the poorly thrown ball Luck thew on 3rd and two in the 1st quarter or the other 3rd down pass that was about 4-5 feet behind him you are being ridiculous. The first ball was thrown late and allowed a DB to make a play on it . It would have been a highlight reel catch if made. The second was either a horrible pass or a poorly run route . Rogers slammed on the breaks and contorted as much as possible in the opposite direction and got a couple fingertips on the ball. In all probability those are the two "drops" you speak of. I have zero recollection of the 3rd target that was incomplete.

He had 9 targets and 6 catches. If the two drops , and at least one would have to , include the poorly thrown ball Luck thew on 3rd and two in the 1st quarter or the other 3rd down pass that was about 4-5 feet behind him you are being ridiculous. The first ball was thrown late and allowed a DB to make a play on it . It would have been a highlight reel catch if made. The second was either a horrible pass or a poorly run route . Rogers slammed on the breaks and contorted as much as possible in the opposite direction and got a couple fingertips on the ball. In all probability those are the two "drops" you speak of. I have zero recollection of the 3rd target that was incomplete.

The third was the one jones knocked out of his hands in endZone

I kinda feel sorry for DHB I mean the guy can really run but for some reason he can not hold on to the ball. At the same time I hate to just throw him under the bus because pressure will bust pipes and I sure don't want him to feel any worse by reading something I posted. I really hate it for him I do because I know that he wants to catch the ball so bad. I know he wants to do well just to shut everyone up. Its clear he loves the game because he could just fake like he is hurt but he does not do that so for that I respect him. I wish him well I really do. I believe he is over thinking the process.. Bless his heart and I pray for him and his strength because if he reads these blogs it is no way he will ever be able to gain confidence to catch a ball. We have to realize at the end of the day he is human and I can promise you he wants to have a break out game!!! So since I am a true COLT fan and he is part of Colt Nation I will just keep hoping and praying for him..       

size and strength, there is a reason guys like Welker have been in the slot their entire career. I worded that prior post poorly, I mean he can be out there every down if we play 3 WRs. But if he is the #1 or #2 he is not an every down receiver.

Marvin Harrison was fine outside and he wasn't big. I don't buy your argument at all

Well the thing is, Chuck Pagano does a press conference everyday after practice. He's very "evasive" so to speak when answering questions. Not a bold person like someone like Mike Tomlin I guess you could say would be.

So seeing as how yes indeed DHB did see less snaps last week, you basically have to read between the lines that this week DHB most likely won't start

Unless Brazill can't go.

Maybe Bey will catch everything this week...rather than last week when Andrew threw a high sideline pass and Bey reached up with his hands and the ball went between his hands and off his helmet/facemask...maybe better stick to 'beadbasket' catches.

Nope. Pagano saying "They've (Rogers and Brazill) earned the right to play more" has everyone assuming DHB has been benched. Though, let's face it if Pagano did bench DHB, he wouldn't come out and say it.

Yeah. I mean obviously he's giving those two the nod when it comes to snaps, but I doubt DHB never sees the field again the rest of this season.

Could be wrong though.

Since Reggie went down, TY has played more X,Y and hasn't been as effective because he struggles to get off the line.  Thats why I suggested Brazil, Rogers in the X,Y.  

I can see him struggle off the line if he is the Z.  They're facemask to facemask.  But if he is Flanker or in the slot, he can be a yard or two off the line.  He can juke as he moves forward to greatly reduce the ability of the defender to press him.  I'll be interested to see what Pep does...

The only thing Rogers has over Hilton is his height. I'm not saying Rogers won't be good, but he has no where the elusiveness, or quickness that Hilton has..They are two different type receivers, But I'll take Hilton going on deep routes against Rogers any day.

He may prove me wrong, but he's got to show a LOT more than just one good game..

And, Hilton was getting taken out of the game, only after Reggie got hurt..Of course he's not going to produce as much with the best defenders on him at all times, and being double and triple teamed..Now that Fleener, Rogers and Brazill are stepping up, its going to allow TY to see more single coverage, and the production will be back..assuming of course that Luck can be protected and still be upright when passing.

I'm not so sure. He looked pretty spritetly on the long TD. Not saying he is TY speedy but he's certainly no slouch.

I agree with kansascolt about feeling sorry for DHB.  I think he has been putting in the effort, the truth seems to be that no matter how hard he tries, he just can't get it done.  He is not the first person who has discovered that all the "try hard" one can muster doesn't always result in success.  The sad thing is that both Oakland and now the Colts have put their trust in him.  It must be especially disheartening for him to fail when all that trust is put on him.  I don't want to see him on the field, but I do feel sorry for him.

Yeah. I mean obviously he's giving those two the nod when it comes to snaps, but I doubt DHB never sees the field again the rest of this season.

Could be wrong though.

It's not saying he'll never see the field again House. It's saying he's fallen down the depth chart. We only have 4 WR's on the roster, he has to touch the field by default due to fatigue.

Trent Richardson was "benched" but it meant he was just #2 now. That's what this is. DHB is now #4 on the depth chart if Chuck Pagano sticks to his word. The OP is from his press conference today so we'll see what happens Sunday

Could be wrong though.

Seeing as we only have 4 WRs, you can bet your butt DHB will still see the field, unfortunately. I think the term "benched" is being used to say he has been "demoted", not to say that he won't play again.

Marvin Harrison was fine outside and he wasn't big. I don't buy your argument at all

Harrison didn't have elite speed but he had just enough and he knew how to use it on his cuts on routes, He knew how to bait a corner into thinking he was going to run a different route sometimes

It's not saying he'll never see the field again House. It's saying he's fallen down the depth chart. We only have 4 WR's on the roster, he has to touch the field by default due to fatigue.

Trent Richardson was "benched" but it meant he was just #2 now. That's what this is. DHB is now #4 on the depth chart if Chuck Pagano sticks to his word. The OP is from his press conference today so we'll see what happens Sunday

See I don't think of benched meaning demoted.

If you're benched, in my definition, you aren't playing. Riding the pine. All that good stuff.

See I don't think of benched meaning demoted.

If you're benched, in my definition, you aren't playing. Riding the pine. All that good stuff.

Well sorry for the confusion. But Chuck Pagano has made it seem that Rogers & Brazill will be in the starting line-up come Sunday and whether or not he sticks to his word remains to be seen until Sunday

Well sorry for the confusion. But Chuck Pagano has made it seem that Rogers & Brazill will be in the starting line-up come Sunday and whether or not he sticks to his word remains to be seen until Sunday

I wasn't seeking an apology lol. Just trying to gauge what this move entailed.

I kinda feel sorry for DHB I mean the guy can really run but for some reason he can not hold on to the ball. At the same time I hate to just throw him under the bus because pressure will bust pipes and I sure don't want him to feel any worse by reading something I posted. I really hate it for him I do because I know that he wants to catch the ball so bad. I know he wants to do well just to shut everyone up. Its clear he loves the game because he could just fake like he is hurt but he does not do that so for that I respect him. I wish him well I really do. I believe he is over thinking the process.. Bless his heart and I pray for him and his strength because if he reads these blogs it is no way he will ever be able to gain confidence to catch a ball. We have to realize at the end of the day he is human and I can promise you he wants to have a break out game!!! So since I am a true COLT fan and he is part of Colt Nation I will just keep hoping and praying for him..       

I would not count him out yet, he has the ability to contribute to our offense, not too many games ago fleener dropped a lot of passes, but he worked through it. dhb might still be a good weapon for us if he can work through this slump,and start catching passes. imo reggie can help him work it out

Harrison didn't have elite speed but he had just enough and he knew how to use it on his cuts on routes, He knew how to bait a corner into thinking he was going to run a different route sometimes

What?  Marvin could outrun anyone in a football uniform for almost all of his career...the guy was a 4.2-something 40.

Geez, there were a lot of TDs where Peyton just threw the ball as far as he could way past the secondary, and Marvin would turn on the jets and go get it...the DBs just could not keep up with him.

What?  Marvin could outrun anyone in a football uniform for almost all of his career...the guy was a 4.2-something 40.

Geez, there were a lot of TDs where Peyton just threw the ball as far as he could way past the secondary, and Marvin would turn on the jets and go get it...the DBs just could not keep up with him.

I just never thought of him of a great speed guy, I know he could beat ya deep but I alwas thought his route running and hands were his strengths more then elite speed

I just never thought of him of a great speed guy, I know he could beat ya deep but I alwas thought his route running and hands were his strengths more then elite speed

i read an article years ago where corners were talking about harrison and they said the toughest things about him were he got to full speed in a couple steps and that every route looked the same.  his first 10 yards were always the same no matter the route

Marvin ran a 4.45 or something like that.