Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB has been BENCHED

TKnight24

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TY is nothing more than a slot receiver imo, too small to play outside all the time. He gets taken out of the game most weeks but now with some other receivers stepping up he shouldn't be getting keyed in on as much. 

The only thing Rogers has over Hilton is his height. I'm not saying Rogers won't be good, but he has no where the elusiveness, or quickness that Hilton has..They are two different type receivers, But I'll take Hilton going on deep routes against Rogers any day.

He may prove me wrong, but he's got to show a LOT more than just one good game..

And, Hilton was getting taken out of the game, only after Reggie got hurt..Of course he's not going to produce as much with the best defenders on him at all times, and being double and triple teamed..Now that Fleener, Rogers and Brazill are stepping up, its going to allow TY to see more single coverage, and the production will be back..assuming of course that Luck can be protected and still be upright when passing.

The only thing Rogers has over Hilton is his height. I'm not saying Rogers won't be good, but he has no where the elusiveness, or quickness that Hilton has..They are two different type receivers, But I'll take Hilton going on deep routes against Rogers any day.

He may prove me wrong, but he's got to show a LOT more than just one good game..

And, Hilton was getting taken out of the game, only after Reggie got hurt..Of course he's not going to produce as much with the best defenders on him at all times, and being double and triple teamed..Now that Fleener, Rogers and Brazill are stepping up, its going to allow TY to see more single coverage, and the production will be back..assuming of course that Luck can be protected and still be upright when passing.

Yeah but you can't run deep routes every play... Hilton is a good receiver with bad physical tools, great deep threat but not an every down receiver. Rogers has physical tools that TY will never have. 

I still think Hilton struggles in press coverage whereas Rogers doesn't as much at least from what  I have seen of Rogers thus far, its really to early to tell still.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

Rogers is stronger, much more physical, has better hands (believe me, he does), and is a load to tackle.  The only things Hilton has over Rogers is speed and elusiveness, and Rogers is closer to Hilton in those areas than you would think.

If DHB works as hard as everyone claims in practice, I feel kind of sorry for him. But the intense fury I feel when he drops a wide open pass trumps my sympathy. Happy to see the change.

Thats about how I feel about it too. I feel bad for the guy I really do he could have been great if he could catch and didn't jump every single time the ball came his way.  He practices hard and seems like a good guy but just can't play football as a WR. It makes you wonder how he got so far as a "WR" through high school and college when he can't even catch the ball correctly. Why didn't a coach way back when see that he had a football talent and refine his skills in catching the ball properly?

Finally they have realized!!! No personal offense to DHB because he's a good guy and hard worker but he just can't produce and get it done. Hopefully we play that same O line from last week and give Luck time to do his thing. Feeling a little more optimistic and excited for then end of our season and the playoffs now.

Guess he can call RGIII and compare notes...

How the mighty have fallen...."Robert Griffin III benched, Washington Redskins will start Kirk Cousins"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-bench-robert-griffin-iii-will-start-kirk-cousins/2013/12/11/3fac2d46-627c-11e3-91b3-f2bb96304e34_story.html?wprss=rss_redskins

I don't think they exactly benched him for the reason that he's bad or sucking. It's just they don't wanna risk further injury and they have nothing to play for now. 

I am glad we hopefully now have a better alternative, his drops when luck hit him in the chest were frustrating to say the least ... but I still think that a creative OC could make him a dangerous weapon in some kind of hybrid role.

Yeah kinda like how Ted Ginn Jr. is with the Panthers

It was just a matter of time before Beys chances ran out, I think many of us agreed or realized he was gonna be sent packin at the end of this year, Rogers producing at a high level and overall ability just sped up the process of not needing Bey out there

I was clearly wrong about DHBs impact this year. It's a shame, seems like a good hard working guy with great athletic ability, he just can't put it together during a game and catch the ball. If he ever figures it out it almost certainly won't be here.

I'm still cautious about Da'Rick Rogers though. His touchdowns came after we were already down what was it 21-0? (Someone confirm that if you can)

But I'd like to see him play from start to end and also in close games (if we can get those again one of these days lol)

But I'm definitely positive & looking forward to him playing moving forward

Id have DHB return kicks and punts, he is explosive when he does have the ball in his hands.  But then again hands have always been his problem.  

The only way I would have DHB return kicks is if the NFL would make a special exception and let start with the ball in his hands and then return the ball. Or maybe they could just put it on the ground and he could pick it up run it back.

I'm still cautious about Da'Rick Rogers though. His touchdowns came after we were already down what was it 21-0? (Someone confirm that if you can)

But I'd like to see him play from start to end and also in close games (if we can get those again one of these days lol)

But I'm definitely positive & looking forward to him playing moving forward

Yes. 21-0 in the third. Teams know better than to think they have it won against the Colts in the third.

Look at the Texans game earlier. Down by 3 as well.

Id have DHB return kicks and punts, he is explosive when he does have the ball in his hands.  But then again hands have always been his problem.  

You want to put the guy who can't catch at a position where if he drops the ball it can result in a turnover?