Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL officiating is horrible!

hawkeyes

Game after game this season we are seeing horrible calls by the officials!    Colts have had to reversed reviews this season that showed zero evidence where conclusive is required!

Ravens just won against the Vikings result of a ghost PI call!

Pats beat Browns late on a ghost PI call!

The league needs to get this under control NOW!  These calls / outcomes are starting to look more and more scripted!

Been saying this for a lonnnnnnnggggggggg time. Of course I also get told "But, Jules stop being a conspiracy theorist and realize the Colts ain't all that good either."

Going back several years you see ridiculous calls and non calls for the yearly chosen ones........

I say conspiracy??.... haha

There's no conspiracy. The NFL is in the business of making money. The big market teams will get the calls. The PI in the Patriots game was ridiculous, the one in the Ravens game was worse. If they're going to have all these penalties, they need to be reviewable.

Have you been hiding under a rock? It's been terrible for the last 11 years and no one notices until now?

Ask the Seaducks how they felt getting screwed in the Super Bowl or the Rams and Raiders when the NFL wanted to crown the Patriots in 2001. Ever since then, the officiating has gotten worse and worse.

There's no conspiracy. The NFL is in the business of making money. The big market teams will get the calls. The PI in the Patriots game was ridiculous, the one in the Ravens game was worse. If they're going to have all these penalties, they need to be reviewable.

Isn't that a conspiracy then?

Have you been hiding under a rock? It's been terrible for the last 11 years and no one notices until now?

Ask the Seaducks how they felt getting screwed in the Super Bowl or the Rams and Raiders when the NFL wanted to crown the Patriots in 2001. Ever since then, the officiating has gotten worse and worse.

Nothing beats Roethlisberger's TD on the 1/2 yard line VS the Seahawks in the SB.

Or the entire Divisional game between the Ravens and Broncos last year where Denver got screwed for 60 minutes straight. Plus overtime.

NFL officiating is turning into the NBA officiating. Phantom penalties, bigger market calls, make up calls, so on and so on. It's the main reason why I stopped watching the NBA a long time ago. I always hoped the NFL would never dip so low, but it appears to be happening.

NFL officiating is turning into the NBA officiating. Phantom penalties, bigger market calls, make up calls, so on and so on. It's the main reason why I stopped watching the NBA a long time ago. I always hoped the NFL would never dip so low, but it appears to be happening.

NBA officials don't come close to effecting the outcome of games like NFL zebras, though.

No sport does. Aside from maybe judges in boxing.

NBA officials don't come close to effecting the outcome of games like NFL zebras, though.

No sport does. Aside from maybe judges in boxing.

I don't know, I remember some horrible calls against the Pacers for yrs. when playing bigger market teams with high profile stars. I think they cost the Pacers several times when they could have moved on in the playoffs. I stopped watching the NBA yrs. ago though, because when you can predict who's going to be in the finals every yr. with a 95% accuracy rate, it just isn't fun anymore. If the NFL gets to that point, I'll be done with them too.

Bad calls happen all the time. It is what it is. Pats lost two games this year on lousy calls. Part of the game. The good teams move on and don't let it effect the next play or next game.

In the Panthers game they got a gift DPI a few plays before the final play that put them in that situation. I'm not sure what other lousy call you're talking about though.

I don't think secrecy is the only thing that makes a conspiracy lol.

No but a conspiracy has to be a secret between a group of people or one person. Everyone knows the NFL likes making money by benefiting the larger markets.

They're not even talking about the DPI in the Ravens game on the NFL Network. That was worse than the one in the Pats game.

No but a conspiracy has to be a secret between a group of people or one person. Everyone knows the NFL likes making money by benefiting the larger markets.

They're not even talking about the DPI in the Ravens game on the NFL Network. That was worse than the one in the Pats game.

It's a conspiracy as long as the NFL doesn't acknowledge anything shady is going on. If they keep perpetrating the idea that all teams are created equal. Then the idea that they aren't is a conspiracy for all those who speculate.

In the Panthers game they got a gift DPI a few plays before the final play that put them in that situation. I'm not sure what other lousy call you're talking about though.

The pushing call at the end of the Jets game but like I said bad calls happen every week, every game. The good teams adjust and keep winning ...

YES its been spotty bad for years, but when they start overturning calls in review without conclusive evidence something is seriously wrong and needs to be addressed!  When that happens it screams FIX !!!  WHY are we doing to settle for that?

As long as they get away with it they will keep pushing the limits - its time things change - these over turns are pathetically crooked!

It's a conspiracy as long as the NFL doesn't acknowledge anything shady is going on. If they keep perpetrating the idea that all teams are created equal. Then the idea that they aren't is a conspiracy for all those who speculate.

I guess but it seems like they make it obvious. They have an agenda to meet. Just because they don't come out and say it doesn't mean it isn't obvious.

YES its been spotty bad for years, but when they start overturning calls in review without conclusive evidence something is seriously wrong and needs to be addressed!

There's no excuse with all the technology they have now to miss that call. Until the media gets on them (which they won't) the same thing is going to happen over and over.

I guess but it seems like they make it obvious. They have an agenda to meet. Just because they don't come out and say it doesn't mean it isn't obvious.

They're a business. And the business isn't fostering our hopes and dreams. It's to make money lol.

The next time I trust a big business of being honest will be the first time.

Well I agree that NBA officiating is bad, but I have checked out a few games this year and the NBA officiating seems to be improving.  It is much better than a few years ago.  The NFL however is gong the wrong way, the officiating is getting worse not better.

Well I agree that NBA officiating is bad, but I have checked out a few games this year and the NBA officiating seems to be improving.  It is much better than a few years ago.  The NFL however is gong the wrong way, the officiating is getting worse not better.

I haven't watched the NBA in almost 15 yrs. now so I guess they could be trying to clean up the outright dirty officiating that went on for yrs. and yrs.. The NFL will lose a bunch of fans too if they don't do something to rectify this nonsense of horrible officiating. Officials really need to start facing penalties of their own for terrible calls, but I doubt the NFL has the ***** to do anything like that. They'll suspend a ref for cussing at a player, but won't suspend or fire them for being awful at their jobs.