Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chance of snow vs Bengals on Sunday.

Dustin

That's even worse for us.  How is Luck going to pass in bad weather?  We already know we can't run the ball.  It also means less throws from Dalton so less opportunities for him to throw interceptions.

Not necessarily. This isn't Peyton's finesse, everything has to be perfect offense. Plus, I don't think this hot mess of an offense can get much worse.

Well Balzer, we play badly in a stadium where there's no weather

Do you really wanna see how we play when mother nature plays a role? Lol

I don't think it'll make one bit of difference. People seem to forget, Luck isn't Manning, and we aren't the soft and wussy team that couldn't hack cold weather in the past. This team has it's problems, but playing in less than ideal weather isn't one of them.

I don't think it'll make one bit of difference. People seem to forget, Luck isn't Manning, and we aren't the soft and wussy team that couldn't hack cold weather in the past. This team has it's problems, but playing in less than ideal weather isn't one of them.

To be honest, I don't remember us playing in bad weather yet in the Andrew Luck era. But then of course I don't see all of our games. But none of the games I've see have been in bad weather that I recall

To be honest, I don't remember us playing in bad weather yet in the Andrew Luck era. But then of course I don't see all of our games. But none of the games I've see have been in bad weather that I recall

I don't think we've played in what I would call bad weather, but a little snow isn't what I call bad weather either. Now if it was going to 5 degree's outside with 30 MPH winds, making it feel like 20 below, then I would have weather concerns. Not because I don't think the team or Luck couldn't handle it, but just because it would be even harder for our receivers to catch the ball. 

Why is that?

I don't think we've played in what I would call bad weather, but a little snow isn't what I call bad weather either. Now if it was going to 5 degree's outside with 30 MPH winds, making it feel like 20 below, then I would have weather concerns. Not because I don't think the team or Luck couldn't handle it, but just because it would be even harder for our receivers to catch the ball.

Agreed

And Lord knows we don't need to make it any harder for DHB to catch

What proof is there it won't?

None, thats what I don't get. Until Luck proves he's terrible in less than perfect conditions(like Manning was in his younger days), then I don't see weather ever being an issue. Unless it's just ridiculously bad, in which case, it will effect both teams.

What dome team plays better in the snow and cold weather?  

Colts aren't a dome team. They have an open air stadium with the choice of opening or closing the roof. The whole dome teams can't win in adverse conditions is horsecrap. Manning was bad in adverse conditions in his younger days, not nearly as bad now. Players on all teams are from all over the country(and outside the country in some cases) and some are even from cold weather places(sarcastic tone). They play teams on the road in the weather conditions every yr.. Just because a team plays in an indoor stadium 8 games a yr. doesn't mean they all of a sudden forgot what the weather outside is like. The reason why dome teams haven't been as successful in the playoffs and beyond, is because most of the dome teams just sucked to begin with. Had nothing to do with the weather.

Colts aren't a dome team. They have an open air stadium with the choice of opening or closing the roof. The whole dome teams can't win in adverse conditions is horsecrap. Manning was bad in adverse conditions in his younger days, not nearly as bad now. Players on all teams are from all over the country(and outside the country in some cases) and some are even from cold weather places(sarcastic tone). They play teams on the road in the weather conditions every yr.. Just because a team plays in an indoor stadium 8 games a yr. doesn't mean they all of a sudden forgot what the weather outside is like. The reason why dome teams haven't been as successful in the playoffs and beyond, is because most of the dome teams just sucked to begin with. Had nothing to do with the weather.

We're not  a dome team?  When's the last time we played a home game in the rain,snow,or cold?    

We're not  a dome team?  When's the last time we played a home game in the rain,snow,or cold?    

Colts do not play in a dome. The roof at LOS is for the convenience of nancy fans who can't handle being wet or cold. It does not bother the players. I can assure you of that.

How is this even a debate?  Weather affects both teams - positive or negative.  In the one or two possible late season games that anyone plays on the road in cold or bad weather, it is likely also the only one or two games that home team is playing in that weather as well.  The home team does not have any advantage or extra experience (no matter what Green Bay or New England fans might claim).  Have the Bengals been playing in the snow all season?  Did I miss something?  Unless a team is playing all of November-January in California/Texas/Florida (which is highly unlikely - even for the teams located there), every team has a potential of a couple of cold/snow games - no more, no less.  Rant over.

Weather or not i really don't think its gonna make a difference.  If we have any chance of beating them, DHB needs to dip his hands in superglue b4 the game, the OLine needs to kick DLine in the ball sack, and if we gain a decent lead we need to keep on scoring and not run the clock out.

Agreed

And Lord knows we don't need to make it any harder for DHB to catch

No Problem:

Pags: Hey DHB, go catch some bench!

DHB: Right Boss

Pags: You think you can handle that?

DHB: Walks toward bench, trips, falls chest first on bench, bounces to ground.

Pags, Luck, Wayne: All shake heads in disbelief...

Agreed but I think it's even simpler than that. People say all the time that dome teams play worse in bad weather, but what it really comes down to is that dome teams are better at home than they are on the road. And you can say that for most teams.

I am a self admitted Colts homer. I hope the team that beat the Broncos and 49ers show up on Sunday! Yes I know we have injuries but despite that, if the same level of competitiveness is displayed on Sunday from our game planning, coaching and execution as we did in the 49ers and Broncos game, we should murder the Bengals!  

I already believe they are overrated. We can take them out, I know we can by looking at who we beat already!

Colts | Freezing rain in forecast for Cincinnati

Tue, 03 Dec 2013 20:47:07 -0800

The Indianapolis Colts will meet the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 14, and the forecast calls for a 60 percent chance of precipitation with freezing rain and a possible wintry mix with temperatures in the low 30's and an east wind at 10 mph.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2mVzWPq3c