Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pro Bowl Selections and Yearly Award Projections

Caleb3502

What Colts players should be in the Pro Bowl and selected for a yearly award?

• I think that Sergio Brown should make it in as a Special Teamer, but will probably get snubbed since he isn't a household name.  
  • Robert Mathis will make the pro bowl and he should be the DPOY for how well he is playing at his age. 
  • Jerrell Freeman should be considered but Burfict, Keuchly, Bowman, and Alonso might not allow him in.
  • Luck was going to the pro bowl before our losses to the Rams and Cardinals.  Do you think he will still get in?
  • Vinatieri should be in the pro bowl since he is the oldest player in the NFL and is 26 of 29 on field goals on the year. 
  • McAfee is great but I don't think he is pro bowl level quite yet.  Sorry Boomstick

• I think that Sergio Brown should make it in as a Special Teamer, but will probably get snubbed since he isn't a household name.  
  • Robert Mathis will make the pro bowl and he should be the DPOY for how well he is playing at his age. 
  • Jerrell Freeman should be considered but Burfict, Keuchly, Bowman, and Alonso might not allow him in.
  • Luck was going to the pro bowl before our losses to the Rams and Cardinals.  Do you think he will still get in?
  • Vinatieri should be in the pro bowl since he is the oldest player in the NFL and is 26 of 29 on field goals on the year. 
  • McAfee is great but I don't think he is pro bowl level quite yet.  Sorry Boomstick

Luck doesn't deserve to make the pro-bowl chiefly because of his accuracy issues and offense being bad as a whole.

Luck deserves to go just so we can see how good he really is when the o-line blocks and receivers catch the ball.

I don't think Kuechly or Bowman would affect Freeman; they are in the NFC.  My understanding of the new format is that they will still have a set number of players voted from each conference at each position, but those players won't necessarily play for the NFC or AFC.  So they will still take 3 RBs from each conference (or however many they take), but it's no longer a conference game

While Luck hasn't been great who else will they put in the Pro Bowl besides Manning and Brady? 

Dalton maybe, but if we win this week then Luck should get the nod. 

Flacco? no. Big Ben? no. Alex Smith? no

Russell Wilson deserves to be in the Pro Bowl with their record. :thmup:

Mathis is a definite. Luck's on the bubble. Brown's not even the best special teamer on the team. Freeman won't get in, but I think he'll be pretty close. 

McAfee may get in because of that huge hit on Holliday (helps his popularity). Vinatieri is a maybe, but Tucker is just too good this year. 

1. T-RICH (His outstanding field vision to extend plays and keep the chains moving).

2.DHB (Clutch blocking, route running and superb hands).

3.S.S. (The anchor of the line and a true pillar).

4.B.W. (His uncanny ability to run around aimlessly in the middle of the field is sheer genius :HFire: ).

5.Toler ( So awesome, he dominates from the sideline chewing gum).

Those are my picks!

I think Vontae still has a shot -- his play against Denver was arguably the best game of any CB in the league this year and he was great last week.  He looked pretty bad vs. St. Louis and Arizona but has been pretty good most other games.

Luck will be interesting -- he has willed this team to victory multiple times although his numbers are not all that great -- kind of crappy that a lot of probowl voting is based on raw statistics alone, but you cannot measure Luck's intangibles and will power.