Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Rainey

Mr.Debonair

I think he did a very good job today. He seemed to give the return game a spark. Minus the muff. I can see him continuing to help us. So far So good after one game lol :td::rock:

still not a fan of brining it out 9 yards deep but at least he made past the 10 so right there is improvement over Reed.

still not a fan of brining it out 9 yards deep but at least he made past the 10 so right there is improvement over Reed.

At this point that's just what the special teams coach is telling the return guys to do. Were just going to have to live with it until a change is forced in coaching.

I think Rainey looked very comfortable returning the ball. Although there was one muff he seems to be confident in that role. I personally would like to see him get some carries as well, but maybe I'm looking too far into the future.

I liked Rained as our returner as well. IMO 1 of his best plays Sun may have been when he got the Punt before it went out of bounds at like the 5 yard line and then returned to get it back up the field. It was risky to catch the punt but when he did he was smart and ran it up the sideline and got out of bounds and it was effective to keep us from being pinned so deep.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Reed - 24 KR, 24.6 yards/return average long of 39 yards

Rainey - 2 KR, 22.5 yards/return average long of 25 yards.

I was not a Reed fan by any stretch of the imagination but you guys have a funny idea of improvement.

He takes Hilton off punt returns, which is good for Hilton's health long term.  Plus if Rainey ever gets in on offense, he's a much more useful weapon than Reed.

I was not a Reed fan by any stretch of the imagination but you guys have a funny idea of improvement.

Rainey's performance isn't reflective of the numbers. To me, he seemed a lot more explosive than Reed. Rainey seems to be a lot more flexible in the hips and plays a little like he's angry and has something to prove.

Overall for his first Colts game, he showed a lot of promise.

Wow, You're comparing a guy's stats from one game to anther guy's season stats? No one questioned Reed's ability, they questioned hid decision making when taking that ball out of the end zone.

Wow, You're comparing a guy's stats from one game to anther guy's season stats? No one questioned Reed's ability, they questioned hid decision making when taking that ball out of the end zone.

Aren't those praising Rainey doing the same thing...just in reverse??? In fact Rainey did the very same thing taking it out deep...and while I agree on the surface he looks like he has more upside because Reed was avg at best...Rainey may equally turn out as bad if not worse...so any praise/anger should be held back until he ACTUALLY does something NOTEWORTHY.

Same for Rogers too for that matter lol!!

Rainey's performance isn't reflective of the numbers. To me, he seemed a lot more explosive than Reed. Rainey seems to be a lot more flexible in the hips and plays a little like he's angry and has something to prove.

Overall for his first Colts game, he showed a lot of promise.

1st when you are a punt returner/kick returner your performance is only reflected in the numbers.  And I am glad the Colts signed Rainey, I wanted the Colts to draft him last year (I was assuming he'd fall to the 6th round).  And I also think given the chance he will have a least one return for a TD yet this year.  But your post shows you saw wanted you wanted to see, not necessarily what happened.

Yes I am.  How is that any different than what everyone else is doing. 

IMO, I was just comparing a muffed punt in the 4th quarter with a 1 point lead negates anything good he may have done earlier in the game.  As far as Reed's decision making coming out of the endzone, it really should not be his decision, there should be another guy back there telling him he should bring it out or not.  Like I said, I'm not a Reed fan, I think his vision to see a hole was severly lacking and he had no value as a WR(ofcourse when I questioned the signing to begin with I was told that Grigs knows what he doing and Pagano knew him from Baltimore and the Colts ST couldn't get in worse, blah, blah, blah), but to question a guy for something that should not be his responsibility is a bit ridiculous.  I'm not saying it didn't happen but I never once saw the spotter telling him to kneel and Reed just blowing past him.

1st when you are a punt returner/kick returner your performance is only reflected in the numbers.  And I am glad the Colts signed Rainey, I wanted the Colts to draft him last year (I was assuming he'd fall to the 6th round).  And I also think given the chance he will have a least one return for a TD yet this year.  But your post shows you saw wanted you wanted to see, not necessarily what happened.

Yes I am.  How is that any different than what everyone else is doing. 

IMO, I was just comparing a muffed punt in the 4th quarter with a 1 point lead negates anything good he may have done earlier in the game.  As far as Reed's decision making coming out of the endzone, it really should not be his decision, there should be another guy back there telling him he should bring it out or not.  Like I said, I'm not a Reed fan, I think his vision to see a hole was severly lacking and he had no value as a WR(ofcourse when I questioned the signing to begin with I was told that Grigs knows what he doing and Pagano knew him from Baltimore and the Colts ST couldn't get in worse, blah, blah, blah), but to question a guy for something that should not be his responsibility is a bit ridiculous.  I'm not saying it didn't happen but I never once saw the spotter telling him to kneel and Reed just blowing past him.

I absolutely agree. Some people are just seeing what they want to see, and yeah that Muff would have ruined us tbh. Luckily Sergio Brown is a beast. Lastly I love Rainey, and the signing but he didn't impress me yesterday.