Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No DB Love?

ColtsLegacy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 touches for 64 yards. 4 yards a touch, 3.9 ypc, Raw numbers  I feel like Richardson and Brown had a good game given the number of carries they got a piece, as a whole it could have been quite a bit better. 3.8 ypc, But blocking looked atrocious this game and limited carries...since I dont have benefit of All 22 yet

if they did, a lot of posters would have to admit that richardson isn't that good. i don't think that is going to happen very soon.

Trent had more ypc the first half. Finally on that last drive all the stars aligned and we were able to run the ball. Brown did no better than Trent for 3/4 of the game. And pass blocked much worse. So try to keep up. It's not Trent, it's the online.

I have been a DB supporter every year. I don't think he has ever been utilized in the proper manner. This type of performance is what I expect from him, so I guess I don't get overly excited when he does it. I will say; he hits the hole harder than I can ever remember him doing in previous years. I really hope we find a way to retain his services, though I don't believe we will. 

Nope no love. Some people just cant stand to say they are wrong. Donald Brown could rush for 2000 yards and they`d say any running back could have done that under whatever circumstances. Again, he had nothing to do with where he was drafted. And maybe it was too high, but I still see talent that has never been utilized by the Colts. Get him past that horrible O-line into open space and he`s as dangerous as they come to take it to the house. Still no love :scratch:  

16 touches for 64 yards. 4 yards a touch, 3.9 ypc, Raw numbers ise I feel like Richardson and Brown had a good game given the number of carries they got a piece, as a whole it could have been quite a bit better. 3.8 ypc, But blocking looked atrocious this game...since I dont have benefit of All 22 yet

Blocking was horrible till that last drive. Brown was finally able to grind some yards out.

Trent had more ypc the first half. Finally on that last drive all the stars aligned and we were able to run the ball. Brown did no better than Trent for 3/4 of the game. And pass blocked much worse. So try to keep up. It's not Trent, it's the online.

thank you for proving my point.

thank you for proving my point.

That you're blind and biased? No problem! The line finally opened up some holes on that last drive and Brown did an awesome job. Till then Trent was the one with the better ypc. Which I don't even care about that crap. I'm not a fantasy loving stat mongrel. Brown was still pretty bad in pass block though. Even got Luck sacked.

Of course Trent had a better YPC in the first half, he had about 13 yards on a 3rd and 20 draw play.

With the game actually on the line though, it was Brown dominating and then scoring the game sealing TD, right after Richardson was stuffed of course.

That you're blind and biased? No problem! The line finally opened up some holes on that last drive and Brown did an awesome job. Till then Trent was the one with the better ypc. Which I don't even care about that crap. I'm not a fantasy loving stat mongrel. Brown was still pretty bad in pass block though. Even got Luck sacked.

Right...He's the blind and biased one. Lol haha. haha haha 

Whenever Brown does good it's only cuz the o line decides to Block. whenever Trent comes in, they purposely don't block for him. 

Kinda like on that last drive.  Brown dominating.  They take him out for one play inside the 5 yard line and Richardson get stuffed.  They bring Brown back in and he hammers his way into the endzone.  I think the line took a break when Richardson came in.

Kinda like on that last drive.  Brown dominating.  They take him out for one play inside the 5 yard line and Richardson get stuffed.  They bring Brown back in and he hammers his way into the endzone.  I think the line took a break when Richardson came in.

yup clearly. They just straight up don't like Richardson. He must make too many momma jokes. What other logical reason could it be for Brown outplaying RIch?

Blocking was horrible till that last drive. Brown was finally able to grind some yards out.

That last drive would not have happened with Richardson in because he would have not have made those runs or the same choices ... he would not have seen half the holes and would have ended up stuffed or running into the backs of the OL.

Yeah you guys are right. Brown is so good that they brought Bradshaw, Ballard and now Trent in to replace him. You guys are all right. Trent sucks. It's not our oline or any other possible reason in the world.

Never said Brown did not under perform prior to this year; I think most people know he did.  Every RB is running behind same Oline how can you still justify that excuse? I guess its possible that there is another reason ... I am sure there is an excuse out there to cover every one those "other possible reasons" though.

Yeah you guys are right. Brown is so good that they brought Bradshaw, Ballard and now Trent in to replace him. You guys are all right. Trent sucks. It's not our oline or any other possible reason in the world.

haha. And none of those guys have been able to outperform him due to injury, and for Trent due to being a bad rb in our system so far. 

Here is something for the Donald Brown fan club to chew on since Trent's YPC is always the topic of conversation. 

Brown had eight carries for eight yards in the game before the final drive of the game. ( ok so lets do the math on that) 1.0 ypc

Wow that is stunning production for a guy who is clearly the answer to the RB problem Indy has. Because it has nothing at all to do with the most pathetic O-line in the NFL. 

Then on the final drive he rips off 2 decent runs that inflates his total on the final drive to 6 carries for 46 yards. 

This team is going nowhere fast and any decent team would have beat the colts up today. I love the colts just as much as anyone hear but I'm just stating the facts. 

Here is something for the Donald Brown fan club to chew on since Trent's YPC is always the topic of conversation. 

Brown had eight carries for eight yards in the game before the final drive of the game. ( ok so lets do the math on that) 1.0 ypc

Wow that is stunning production for a guy who is clearly the answer to the RB problem Indy has. Because it has nothing at all to do with the most pathetic O-line in the NFL. 

Then on the final drive he rips off 2 decent runs that inflates his total on the final drive to 6 carries for 46 yards. 

This team is going nowhere fast and any decent team would have beat the colts up today. I love the colts just as much as anyone hear but I'm just stating the facts. 

And this is wht the Football game is 4 quarters long. It's bad enough to have 3 horrible quarters by both backs. But at least 1 came to play in the final quarter. 

I don't think Brown is the answer to our RB problem.  In fact I am not sure we have a running back problem at all.  I think we have an o-line problem. 

With that said, I am not sure Rirchardson could have done what Brown did on that last drive, at least not this season.  All you have to do is look at their numbers this season and it's clear Brown is having the better season so far.  Is some of that because he's been the change of pace back?  Probably but at the sametime when he's getting chances he can normally give you a drive or two like that last one a game.  T-Rich can't even give them that to this point.  Does that mean we should just cut bait with him?  No I don't think that either but I do think you have to ride the guy who is playing the best at the moment.  Sometimes it's just a guys year. 

With that said it's not like Brown is an all-pro or anything.

Nope no love. Some people just cant stand to say they are wrong. Donald Brown could rush for 2000 yards and they`d say any running back could have done that under whatever circumstances. Again, he had nothing to do with where he was drafted. And maybe it was too high, but I still see talent that has never been utilized by the Colts. Get him past that horrible O-line into open space and he`s as dangerous as they come to take it to the house. Still no love :scratch:

dbrown couldn't run for 2000 yards

I don't think Brown is the answer to our RB problem.  In fact I am not sure we have a running back problem at all.  I think we have an o-line problem. 

With that said, I am not sure Rirchardson could have done what Brown did on that last drive.  All you have to do is look at their numbers this season and it's clear Brown is having the better season so far.  Is some of that because he's been the change of pace back?  Probably but at the sametime when he's getting chances he can normally give you a drive or two like that last one a game.  T-Rich can't even give them that to this point.  Does that mean we should just cut bait with him?  No I don't think that either but I do think you have to ride the guy who is playing the best at the moment.  Sometimes it's just a guys year. 

With that said it's not like Brown is an all-pro or anything.

I hear ya but just think its funny that Brown looked horrible running behind that line until he had TWO decent carries. Browns YPC stats are so inflated this year because he ( as trent did today) got a lot of his yards on 3 and 20 draws that the RB pick up 10+ 

Lets just stop all the RB talk because behind this line NOBODY is going to put up good numbers. Even Luck is starting to look a little lost and confused with the lack of protection from this pathetic group of NFL offensive lineman. 

And this is wht the Football game is 4 quarters long. It's bad enough to have 3 horrible quarters by both backs. But at least 1 came to play in the final quarter.

trich had how many opportunities? Brown did great. You can say that without trying to call out other players

I hear ya but just think its funny that Brown looked horrible running behind that line until he had TWO decent carries. Browns YPC stats are so inflated this year because he ( as trent did today) got a lot of his yards on 3 and 20 draws that the RB pick up 10+ 

Lets just stop all the RB talk because behind this line NOBODY is going to put up good numbers. Even Luck is starting to look a little lost and confused with the lack of protection from this pathetic group of NFL offensive lineman. 

I am sorry but I've seen Brown have some big runs and not just because it was 3rd and 20 this year.  I think he has benefited from being a change of pace back but I also think several of his longer runs have been legit not just because the Colts were running him on a give up play. 

Again, I am not ready to give up on T-Rich but for whatever reason rather it be because he's just not comfortable in this offense, the line is bad, or he's just not as good as he was in college this isn't his year.  He's still going to be a featured part of our offense and frankly I would like to see him more in passing situations both for blocking and catching passes out of the backfield but Donald has proven himself to be the better back at least for this year. 

What game did Brown do great? He had 3 productive carries this week. Send me the link to the game you are talking about 

3 carries for 65 yards vs. the Jags wasn't bad.  14 for 80 vs. the Titans in the first match up isn't bad either.  six for 49 yards against the Texans was good enough for like a 5 YPC and no not all of those were on give up plays where he got "cheap" yards. 

Again, I don't think anyone is saying he has been awesome this season but he has consistently produced more than T-Rich this season.  Even if it's because he was a change of pace back in several games.  Look at this way now T-Rich is the change of pace back and is still getting about two yards a carry.  The two have swapped roles and T-Rich is still producing about what he was doing as a starter and Brown is still giving you something as a starter. 

Even if he only had three good carries today I'll take that over Trent's one he gave us today which came on a third and 20.  Again, I am at least not saying Brown is this awesome player because I don't think that I am just saying he's playing the best of what we have at the moment.