Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What about Romeo Crennel?

rock8591

Wat

Pagano is learning on the job and making things up as he goes along.

I would love to see him gone (speeches and all), and have an experienced NFL head coach come here.

Yes, I don't think we can afford to have 'Chuck' learn on the job at our expense for a few more years.

....and the same goes double for Pep.

Pagano is learning on the job and making things up as he goes along.

I would love to see him gone (speeches and all), and have an experienced NFL head coach come here.

Yes, I don't think we can afford to have 'Chuck' learn on the job at our expense for a few more years.

....and the same goes double for Pep.

Yeah, fire him, b/c all he has done is go 8-4 (no matter how ugly) in year 2 of a near total rebuild. Wow. Give the man some time! As for Pep, he may be one and done. He's not adjusting, and that is on him. Injuries happen, but 5 FGs and 1 TD? Thank goodness the D showed up today.

Umm the defense is horribly inconsistent,who cares about todays game. Defense cant stop anybody in most games. One good game in last 5 or 6 doesnt wipe the slat clean. Munusky needs to go along with pep. Anybody cant be worse than those two. A head coach with a firey attitude would be nice instead of a softy that pats you on the a@@ and says go get them next time when u mess up or continually mess up(example dhb).

Super good D mind...probably a better HC right now than Pagano.

Really?    I mean....   Really?

And you were serious when you said this?

Really?   

He's got a badly flawed team at 8-4 with wins over Seattle, Denver, San Francisco among others and you want him replaced with Romeo Crennel?!?

Holy cow......            :facepalm:

Really?   

He's got a badly flawed team at 8-4 with wins over Seattle, Denver, San Francisco among others and you want him replaced with Romeo Crennel?!?

Consider the source

Really?   

I have had enough of Pagano.  Our success last year was ALL because of Arians.

Let Chuck go somewhere else to learn how to be an NFL head coach.

Geez, the man is nothing more than the players' friend and head cheerleader.

I have had enough of Pagano. Our success last year was ALL because of Arians.

Why are we blaming the coach. It's not his fault for all the injuries and that our oline coaches can't coach our offensive line right.

We were super bowl favorites after beating the 49ers. Then the team officially fell apart after losing Wayne. Missing the key components hurt the team bad. We were not prepared for all the injuries especially to key players.

Ahmad Bradshaw, Dwayne Allen, Reggie Wayne, Vick Ballard and all the players who got injured throughout the season (Havili, Toler, Landry) are all key players to help us win

Why are we blaming the coach. It's not his fault for all the injuries and that our oline coaches can't coach our offensive line right.

We were super bowl favorites after beating the 49ers. Then the team officially fell apart after losing Wayne. Missing the key components hurt the team bad. We were not prepared for all the injuries especially to key players.

Ahmad Bradshaw, Dwayne Allen, Reggie Wayne, Vick Ballard and all the players who got injured throughout the season (Havili, Toler, Landry) are all key players to help us win

Not to mention they are 8-4 and almost a lock to win their division this year and make the playoffs for the second straight year in only two years as a Head Coach and taking over a 2-14 team.  Pagano isn't getting fired.  I don't care how much some here don't like him.

While they played well, they were not exactly facing an offensive juggernaut.  The D we saw against Arizona provides a more accurate picture I think.

regardless of who they played, they still played very well. Next week should be the real test. We'll see if we can stop  AJ green and the bengals.

OK.....    just wanted to double check.   Thought maybe I somehow misunderstood you...

We'll just agree to disagree.      Strongly....

And so it goes.......

8-4 two years after going 2-14 and you're unsatisfied? Wow.

BTW wish we wouldn't have to change coordinators and schemes again with such a young team, but Manusky is embarrassing and Pep's unwillingness to adjust his playcalling, scheme and gameplan to fit his players strengths won't cut it. The Colts will keep both of them though. 

regardless of who they played, they still played very well. Next week should be the real test. We'll see if we can stop  AJ green and the bengals.

It's a tough road game in Cinci next week and it's not likely the D will get a lot of support from the O...unless something weird happens like Rogers plays and does so like the second coming of Megatron.

8-4 two years after going 2-14 and you're unsatisfied? Wow.

BTW wish we wouldn't have to change coordinators and schemes again with such a young team, but Manusky is embarrassing and Pep's unwillingness to adjust his playcalling, scheme and gameplan to fit his players strengths won't cut it. The Colts will keep both of them though. 

Yes they will. I'm fine with Manusky. I think we need better safety and ILB play, and I think some film work and adjustments with the cross-matching will fix Manusky's playcalling. Getting another pass rusher will help as well. But I'm okay with him.

Pep just got here, but I'm thinking he doesn't get it. Even with a better offensive line and better receivers, I don't like his passing concepts and third down playcalling. I was cautiously optimistic when we hired him, but now it seems like a bad decision. Of course, he's not going anywhere either. 

Not to mention they are 8-4 and almost a lock to win their division this year and make the playoffs for the second straight year in only two years as a Head Coach and taking over a 2-14 team.  Pagano isn't getting fired.  I don't care how much some here don't like him.

I agree. Pagano isn't going anywhere. I will say however that most of last season was his inspiration and Arians coaching....this year we have been inconsistant but lucky we are in the weakest division in football. Pagano has some time but I'm not really inspired by him. Just because we might make the playoffs two years in a row doesn't mean we can't cut bait. Just because Houston has stuck by Kubiak and Cincy by Marvin Lewis doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Look at Marty Shotenheimer in SD....all he did was win games....couldn't get them over the top against NE but who could?? Winning doesn't always mean job security...if you don't win the big ones....Dungy won a lot with TB but still got axed. I am all but certain Pagano isn't going anywhere but it isn't like he has taken us to the SB.

I really don't want to cut bait with Pep either.....Luck would be in his 3rd new offense in 3 years if that was the case....give the team some stability and let them grow....we expect too much too fast...Rome wasn't built in a year...isnt that the saying?

If there is a problem, it is more with offensive play calling. It is possible Todd Haley is let go and I think he would be the right fit for a TE oriented system that would still allow Luck to take shots down the field but use TEs a lot. He has called more plays at the NFL level too, that is where it will be a big plus. He has worked with speedy guys like Antonio Brown (like our T.Y.), and with elite guys like Fitzgerald and Boldin in Arizona.

I'd prefer him in fact for the system we are trying to establish at the NFL level, it is too risky to go one more year with Pep, IMO.