Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Official: Win the next two, win the Division

bavanlan

I think Jamal Charles will put a hurting on our defense

yeah. Just look at the game last year. 300 something yards of rushing. I don't get as upset when teams pass on us compared to when the run on use. I facepalmed so many times that game. But this time we can't afford to give up that much.

I doubt we get the #2 seed. Chiefs, Broncos, or Patriots will have that. Just win the division.

If one of those 3 gets the #2 seed...who gets the #1?

If you are saying either the chiefs or broncos get #1..then the only logicaly possible option for #2 is patriots out of those three options. So your post should just read the patriots will get the #2. Otherwise if you are ruling us out of the #1 & 2 spots, and those are the only ones getting the #2 slot. That only leaves the Bengals getting the #1.

Yes, we are schizophrenic. Some Who think we have Quadrephenia. But you're too young to get that reference.

Look at it this way - what team in the AFC is consistent? And what team does everyone think is the best in the AFC? And who beat them?

Before the season started I jokingly said we'd beat the Broncos in Indy and lose to the in Denver in the AFC Championship game. That may come true. And if Peyton gets another ring, I won't feel too bad about losing that game.

I'm guessing there is a clue in the sentence, but I may need to surround myself with sound to find it.  I dated a Quadrephene for awhile.  It was great for me, but she broke up with me because she thought I was cheating on her.

I'm guessing there is a clue in the sentence, but I may need to surround myself with sound to find it.  I dated a Quadrephene for awhile.  It was great for me, but she broke up with me because she thought I was cheating on her.

Were you cheating on her with one of her other personalities?

When you went on a date did you ask Who are you?  Do do...

Does anyone honestly think that we're going to win a SB this year? Are we even a SB caliber team this year? Or are most just wanting the experience of winning a playoff game or two? I guess I'm saying what difference does it make what seed we end up being if we're not a SB team this year? Isn't that the goal? Winning the Division, fine, great accomplishment, I get that.

There's a difference between fans talking about possible seedings and players talking about it. I doubt that if any of us look ahead that it would affect any game outcomes.

No kidding.  Every time I hear something like that ("we should focus on X"), I always wonder if it's one of the players posting.

It's our job as fans to worry about playoff seedings and all that.  Of course the players shouldn't be focused on that -- and I'm sure they're not.  But I don't see any reason why fans have to keep their focus only on the next game.

Would rather us lock up at least a #3 seed.  To do that, we've got to out pace the Bengals.  But we very well could win a #2 seed later on down the road, so it just depends.  But that's what we're playing for and that we shouldn't settle for just winning the division (not that you were suggesting it).

No kidding.  Every time I hear something like that ("we should focus on X"), I always wonder if it's one of the players posting.

It's our job as fans to worry about playoff seedings and all that.  Of course the players shouldn't be focused on that -- and I'm sure they're not.  But I don't see any reason why fans have to keep their focus only on the next game.

Some people would prefer not to look ahead and get their hopes up or down.  For some people, taking it one game at a time is how they perceive it.  Doesn't make anyone right or wrong.  It just is what it is.

Does anyone honestly think that we're going to win a SB this year? Are we even a SB caliber team this year? Or are most just wanting the experience of winning a playoff game or two? I guess I'm saying what difference does it make what seed we end up being if we're not a SB team this year? Isn't that the goal? Winning the Division, fine, great accomplishment, I get that.

Not really sure what you are looking for here. 5 questions. And they all sound rather negative. I see you are a new member, I really do hope you have not joined up just to nit-pick and criticise our team.

Of course people think we CAN win the SB this year. The likely top seeds in each conference will be the Seahawks and the Broncos. We've beaten them both. So of course we can win it all. We can also go 'one and done'. That's why they play the games.

What is a SB calibre team anyway? Were the 2007 Patriots such a team, and the 2007 NYG's not? You get the drift. Your third question is not worthy of a response. Your forth question is also pretty ridiculous, as the seeding can help or hinder progress to the big game. And five - oh I give up.

Why don't you tell us what YOU really think?

Not really sure what you are looking for here. 5 questions. And they all sound rather negative. I see you are a new member, I really do hope you have not joined up just to nit-pick and criticise our team.

Of course people think we CAN win the SB this year. The likely top seeds in each conference will be the Seahawks and the Broncos. We've beaten them both. So of course we can win it all. We can also go 'one and done'. That's why they play the games.

What is a SB calibre team anyway? Were the 2007 Patriots such a team, and the 2007 NYG's not? You get the drift. Your third question is not worthy of a response. Your forth question is also pretty ridiculous, as the seeding can help or hinder progress to the big game. And five - oh I give up.

He only needs to look at where the Ravens were at this time last year.  Actually, they probably had less of a chance in the eyes of their fans.  I know that a lot of people on this forum really wanted them in the playoffs since they were the worst team.

It's not how you're playing after 10 games, it's how you're playing when you're in the playoffs.

I was not trying to be negative or "nit-pick" in anyway at all. I constantly see people on here that are so worried about getting into the playoffs but OTOH I see a LOT of people on here being very negative and nit-picky of our play. So I was curious to see why this was. I thought that they were legitimate questions.

I guess they were stupid. Thanks for being so condescending and unwelcoming.

He only needs to look at where the Ravens were at this time last year.  Actually, they probably had less of a chance in the eyes of their fans.  I know that a lot of people on this forum really wanted them in the playoffs since they were the worst team.

It's not how you're playing after 10 games, it's how you're playing when you're in the playoffs.

You're right, very good point.

I was not trying to be negative or "nit-pick" in anyway at all. I constantly see people on here that are so worried about getting into the playoffs but OTOH I see a LOT of people on here being very negative and nit-picky of our play. So I was curious to see why this was. I thought that they were legitimate questions.

I guess they were stupid. Thanks for being so condescending and unwelcoming.

Your phraseology was perhaps misleading, well to me anyway, although I'm still not clear on the points you were trying to make. Why not answer your own questions, so we (or at least, I) can see what your views on this are.

I apologise if I was rather terse. Perhaps we can start over.....

likely a loss than a win.

yeah if we can win 5 of our last 6 and New England loses one or two down the stretch (which they have two tough games, one tonight against a hot carolina team and denver next weekend)  then we would get the 2nd seed. just sucks that both the cinci and KC games are on the road lol. 

It is most likely that we split our last 6 games...@Cinci and @KC are probably losses.

This game @Arizona is more likely a loss than a win.

That puts us at 10-6 with wins over Tenn, Houston and Jax.....a probable #4 seed.

A win this week at Arizona gets us to 11-5.....a probable #3 seed.

Well considering we beat three of the teams that were supposedly Super Bowl contenders then I'd say we have a chance. I think it depends on how our defense looks this week because of the DBs we are getting back. We lost them for three games and looked bad. B4 that we were doing very well.