Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Incognito was obeying orders from Dolphins (incompetent) brass

HarassedOffTheSite

Per PFT:

According to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Dolphins coaches asked Incognito “to toughen up” Martin after he missed a voluntary workout during the 2013 offseason.  Kelly cites “at least two” unnamed sources. Per the unnamed sources, Incognito may have taken his orders too far.  Specifically, the sources tell Kelly that the racially-charged voice message from Incognito to Martin came after skipped two days of the team’s voluntary OTA program. “Incognito was encouraged by his coaches to make a call that would ‘get [Martin] into the fold,’” Kelly reports.

If this is true....if Incognito (a guy with a staunch and unblemished record of extreme turditude) was given the task to somehow motivate/encourage Martin (a Stanford Alumnus & son of two Harvard graduates) by both/either/or Joe Philbin or Jeff Ireland....they must be fired for sheer incompetence and an obvious inability to judge character (or more than likely they just don't care about character).

What a bunch of *s.

Per PFT:

If this is true....if Incognito (a guy with a staunch and unblemished record of extreme turditude) was given the task to somehow motivate/encourage Martin (a Stanford Alumnus & son of two Harvard graduates) by both/either/or Joe Philbin or Jeff Ireland....they must be fired for sheer incompetence and an obvious inability to judge character (or more than likely they just don't care about character).

What a bunch of *s.

wow, all we need now is for Coach Philbin to give a "you can't handle the truth" & "you are GD right I ordered the code red" press conference . . .

Sorry. I hate to be redundant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#38 TAPLOOK

289 posts

0 warning points

LocationSoCa

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 AM

This is why Miami sucks. The locker room in any sport should be a place of team and confidence building. If it's not there's a serious lack of leadership. Cogs is a * and I feel for Martin. There's nothing wrong with Martin for not having a killer instinct. Many rookies and young players have become THE leader by slamming the bully before he can utter a word. Old sayings are old because they are true. If there's not a huge physical mismatch the best thing to do is pick the biggest bully and just bounce with nothing said. The fact that Martin doesn't have this type of mental makeup should be a plus a plus for the Fins. Gentle giants have something to offer a team as well as the loud guy. This screams lack of leadership from the coach down.

MultiQuote

wow, all we need now is for Coach Philbin to give a "you can't handle the truth" & "you are GD right I ordered the code red" press conference . . .

LOL awesome.  "You don't want the truth because deep down in locker rooms you don't talk about at parties, you WANT Incognito bullying the sissies... you NEED Incognito bullying the sissies."

And these are supposed to be adults?

Who are the adults in this scenario?  Hard to remain 'incognito' when you are a bullying ________***  Fill in your own word! Makes me a little angry...

tumblr_mu8pm6ANp31szgkgbo1_500.gif

Said it better than I could.

The coach should be fired, where's Goodell to crack down a super witch hunt on these boys like he did in New orleans?

The coach should be fired, where's Goodell to crack down a super witch hunt on these boys like he did in New orleans?

As much as i disliked the situation in New Orleans at the time, I happen to agree wholeheartedly with you here Bogie!!

With all of the essential/important anti-bullying campaigns going on nationwide something should be done...GM...Coach?  Owner should get fined too.

This is so blatantly mean toward a good smart 'kid.' (I can call Martin a kid...I am getting  :lecture:)

Need an adult in Miami....to step up...

McGruff-No-Bullies-Sign-K-4063.gif

Theres no lawsuit regarding mental anguish yet like there was for injuries. Once that happens, Goodell will care.

wrong question: Ask where's the NFLPA..which is always afraid to act like a real union.

Thank you, I wasn't even thinking about them, totally out my brain this morning!

The NFLPA rarely ever can act like a real union. If I was a player there's no way I would feel protected by them.

Bogie...you are right...

..the NFL DOES have to act now and so do the Dolphins..I was a little short with you..

But this issue should never have gone this far....

Unions have to protect union members....This union has no honor...union brothers are respected by each other..

...extortion of money ..racial insults...death threats......the reason doesn't matter..

.....Unions take care of stuff like this by themselves..Men get kicked out of real unions

Incognito is still to blame as you're ultimately responsible for your own actions and I doubt anyone that told him to toughen up Martin wanted him to take it this far.  That being said, when Incognito is well known for his extreme turditude (love that phrase Brian!) you can't be surprised when it blows up like this.  I've thought since the beginning most of the Dolphins management needs to go.  Things like this don't happen with competent leadership.  They get stopped before things blow up and we never hear about them.  The Dolphins have a very talented young core of players but they'll never sniff any sort of success until they get the mess at the top of the organization flushed out. 

For everyone saying the NFL needs to take action, on one hand I agree as it would seem more consistent with the action taken with the bounty ordeal in New Orleans, however I think the best justice for Incognito would be for GM's to just snub the guy and force him out of the league.

Richie could then go be a rookie in Canada, maybe  find a Tim Horton's to load up on some jelly-filleds in Saskatoon while some Roughriders hazed him...

For everyone saying the NFL needs to take action, on one hand I agree as it would seem more consistent with the action taken with the bounty ordeal in New Orleans, however I think the best justice for Incognito would be for GM's to just snub the guy and force him out of the league.

Richie could then go be a rookie in Canada, maybe find a Tim Horton's to load up on some jelly-filleds in Saskatoon while some Roughriders hazed him...

I think the call for NFL intervention at this point is to punish the Dolphins organization for instigating. Incognito has already been snubbed for his actions.

LOL awesome.  "You don't want the truth because deep down in locker rooms you don't talk about at parties, you WANT Incognito bullying the sissies... you NEED Incognito bullying the sissies."

It's like you guys were reading my mind. 

Ireland = Nicholson. 

Philbin = Keifer Sutherland's character.

Richie could then go be a rookie in Canada, maybe  find a Tim Horton's to load up on some jelly-filleds in Saskatoon while some Roughriders hazed him...

Just walking into a Tim Horton's is, in my book, hazing. Canadian Dunkin' Donuts my ***. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

I doubt he was ordered...

...and its not relevant...He's a criminal (demanding money under threat of harm is extortion)

..and he's out of the NFL for good

The only question is...when does A Few Good Men Part II come out?