Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is polian salty?

trueblueblood

Seeing him on espn, every time the colts come up after a win, he likes to give all kinds of excuses... He must still be salty about getting fired. What do you guys think? Basically said we got lucky last night

I would be salty too if I got fired.

Seeing him on espn, every time the colts come up after a win, he likes to give all kinds of excuses... He must still be salty about getting fired. What do you guys think? Basically said we got lucky last night

We did get lucky last night. Bullock is officially on Irsay's christmas card list.

That said, its well known Polian is as salty as McDonalds fries. He made that abundantly clear during the lead up to the Broncos game.

We did get lucky last night. Bullock is officially on Irsay's christmas card list.

That said, its well known Polian is as salty as McDonalds fries. He made that abundantly clear during the lead up to the Broncos game.

It's not a good look, especially for someone who gets paid a lot to have unbiased and fair discussions. He was downright terrible his last couple years, he deserved to get fired, and he has to know that... Right?

Well he is partially to thank for the Colts getting LUCKy...

I haven't made a Luck pun yet, wanted to try it out & see how it felt...

LOL well, way to get in on the ground floor...

I keep trying to figure out a joke about how "Case Keenum" sound a bit like "Casey Kasem" but my brain starts to smell like burning plastic, plus I think that the famous voice of Shaggy from Scooby Doo and American top 40 is in really bad health ATM....

Well....

To a certain degree, the Colts did get lucky.    We benefited from Kubiak going down.   That team was shell-shocked.   It's not the same as a year ago when Indy lost Pagano.    Then,  it was during a bye-week and the Colts had two weeks to prepare for the change.

This happened at halftime and the Texans had almost no time to adjust.   And, let's be honest, as good a defensive coordinator as Phillips is....  he's a very, very poor head coach.

So.....    the Colt's caught a break.    Then again,  we took advantage of it.   Not every team would be able to.   The Colts played great football down the stretch and flipped the game upside-down.    So, props to us.

But Polian's point is not without some merit.......

Just a different point of view....

I keep trying to figure out a joke about how "Case Keenum" sound a bit like "Casey Kasem" but my brain starts to smell like burning plastic, plus I think that the famous voice of Shaggy from Scooby Doo and American top 40 is in really bad health ATM....

Well I was saying Zoinks ALOT last night...

Is Polian salty about the Colts success currently? Heck yeah he is. More so than just that he got fired, he thought he was something unique and special to Indy. He was plus average for a majority of his time here, but lets not kid, Irsay had the final call on the Manning pick, and Marvin was already here (Irsay pick?). Not saying Irsay is a wizard of smart as far as GM's go, but he's got his thumb on the pulse of things and he was as right to fire Polian as he was to pick Manning and Luck.

Well....

To a certain degree, the Colts did get lucky. We benefited from Kubiak going down. That team was shell-shocked. It's not the same as a year ago when Indy lost Pagano. Then, it was during a bye-week and the Colts had two weeks to prepare for the change.

This happened at halftime and the Texans had almost no time to adjust. And, let's be honest, as good a defensive coordinator as Phillips is.... he's a very, very poor head coach.

So..... the Colt's caught a break. Then again, we took advantage of it. Not every team would be able to. The Colts played great football down the stretch and flipped the game upside-down. So, props to us.

Let's not forget the fumbled kickoff return which was CLEARLY the wrong call. The ball did not touch brazill's foot. Clearly wasn't enough evidence to overturn. That's basically at least 3 points taken off the board. AND the "blocked" punt which should have been a 15 yard penalty, giving us a first. The texans got plenty of breaks too.

Well....

To a certain degree, the Colts did get lucky.    We benefited from Kubiak going down.   That team was shell-shocked.   It's not the same as a year ago when Indy lost Pagano.    Then,  it was during a bye-week and the Colts had two weeks to prepare for the change.

This happened at halftime and the Texans had almost no time to adjust.   And, let's be honest, as good a defensive coordinator as Phillips is....  he's a very, very poor head coach.

So.....    the Colt's caught a break.    Then again,  we took advantage of it.   Not every team would be able to.   The Colts played great football down the stretch and flipped the game upside-down.    So, props to us.

I never buy into this kind of thinking. I didn't buy into it last year with the Colts and I'm not buying it now with the Texans. I doubt Jonathan Joseph was thinking of Kubiak when TY flew past him. I guess I have seen too many athletes excel under trying circumstances to buy it as an excuse.

I am not sure......but the answer does lie in a song from 1968.......

Well....

Disagree. If he actually did say we were kind of lucky that is. I saw many miraculous comebacks / wins with Peyton, and I never heard Polian say we were lucky. He was always preaching the 'play for 60 minutes / never give up' ethos.

He's just a bitter old man.

Well....

Plus I think Colts fans should appreciate the idea of teams, "Rallying" to play inspired ball for coaches/team mates...

I think the Colts got that message last year against the Packers & TY got the message last night putting in a performance Reggie would be proud of...

just saying...

I never buy into this kind of thinking. I didn't buy into it last year with the Colts and I'm not buying it now with the Texans. I doubt Jonathan Joseph was thinking of Kubiak when TY flew past him. I guess I have seen too many athletes excel under trying circumstances to buy it as an excuse.

Torrey Smith's performance after his Brothers tragedy last season was something of inspired beauty...

Yes.  I'm sure he felt that Irsay was making a big mistake by letting him go and was waiting to revel in the many, many years of the Colts struggling to get above .500 on the season.  To see that it went otherwise probably burns a bit,

BTW...

Way to keep up the stellar avatars...

It's not a good look, especially for someone who gets paid a lot to have unbiased and fair discussions. He was downright terrible his last couple years, he deserved to get fired, and he has to know that... Right?

ESPN and unbiased usually don't mix, especially between 10am-12pm.

He was around 2 are 3 years longer than he should of been. HEY POLIAN!!!! You ought to be washing Irsay's feet for keeping you 

as long as he did..... I was going to say what he really should be doing to Irsay but I think I might get warning points.............. :)  :woah:  :hello:

I've always enjoyed listening to Uncle Bill during interviews and, now, providing commentary.  The man is brilliant and he provides an in depth analysis that you simply don't get with most sports talk.

Like a few here, I'm pretty certain that when Bill was ejected here, he was both surprised and a bit scorned.  I'm sure he thought he was Jesus in Indianapolis.  It must be a bitter pill to swallow to see a young, upstart GM come in here and totally make the city quickly forget about the great decade plus of football Polian oversaw.

Irsay has been vindicated in spades though.  His decision making, firing Polian and letting Manning walk and the hiring Grigson and drafting Luck has been spot on.  No matter what you personally think about the man, it's hard to argue Irsay's not a good owner.

Is Polian salty about the Colts success currently? Heck yeah he is. More so than just that he got fired, he thought he was something unique and special to Indy. He was plus average for a majority of his time here, but lets not kid, Irsay had the final call on the Manning pick, and Marvin was already here (Irsay pick?). Not saying Irsay is a wizard of smart as far as GM's go, but he's got his thumb on the pulse of things and he was as right to fire Polian as he was to pick Manning and Luck.

Irsay was especially thorough and smart in sending NaPolian's kid Chrissy packing too.

Yeah, Polian was very salty during the Broncos coming to LOS because Irsay basically called out Polian. Saying that his comments about his disappointment with only getting one SB stemmed from a organization stand-point.

I remember Polian saying Irsay should be very grateful for getting one because some teams haven't gotten one in decades.

Irsay shouldn't have said something, but I can't say I disagree with him.