Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are Bengals Legit?

amfootball

it will be 1 and done in the playoffs I think unless Dalton can take his game to another level, He is having a good overall year through 9 games but it needs to be better to make a run

only three qbs have more tds than him. Are you saying only three teams are capable of making a run

only three qbs have more tds than him. Are you saying only three teams are capable of making a run

He also had three costly picks last night...

If I remember correctly (and I am not being sarcastic here, I have a hard time remembering things sometimes) but it was costly picks at the MOST inopportune times that cost the Bengals their playoff losses the past couple of years...

They're a much better team playing at home I think... last night was ridiculous. Two of the three Dalton picks (he gets a pass on that last one) were just boneheaded throws. They have SO much talent though... that 35-yard TD run by Bernard was a thing of beauty.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000274518/Week-9-Bengals-vs-Dolphins-highlights

They also have lost Atkins for the season.

I think they'll win that division (almost by default), but don't see them going anywhere. If the Ravens are going to get hot and make some noise they'd better not wait too much longer. 

They're a much better team playing at home I think... last night was ridiculous. Two of the three Dalton picks (he gets a pass on that last one) were just boneheaded throws. They have SO much talent though... that 35-yard TD run by Bernard was a thing of beauty.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000274518/Week-9-Bengals-vs-Dolphins-highlights

They also have lost Atkins for the season.

I think they'll win that division (almost by default), but don't see them going anywhere. If the Ravens are going to get hot and make some noise they'd better not wait too much longer. 

Bernard's run was way awesome...

I think he ran 70-80 actual yards by the time he actually made it into the end zone , if not more...

I don't believe in the Bengals. Their defense is pretty good, but I'm not sold on Dalton being the kind of QB that can consistently play good. The media has been jumping on the Bengals bandwagon, but they're the Bengals...they'll find a way to mess up.

I don't believe in the Bengals. Their defense is pretty good, but I'm not sold on Dalton being the kind of QB that can consistently play good. The media has been jumping on the Bengals bandwagon, but they're the Bengals...they'll find a way to mess up.

Well for a Bengals QB getting the team into the playoffs two consecutive years is progress!!!

Yet another reason why those Thursday games are useless. Teams always look so so rusty in those games.

NFL really cares about safety they wouldn't have put their dollars first on this, oh wait, they put their dollars first on EVERYTHING.

Cincy will be OK unless Brian Hoyer comes back out of nowhere and the Steelers drink some magical potion that turns them back to 2010 form, and they clearly have nothing to worry about with Joe Flak shining his ring in Baltimore.

Yet another reason why those Thursday games are useless. Teams always look so so rusty in those games.

NFL really cares about safety they wouldn't have put their dollars first on this, oh wait, they put their dollars first on EVERYTHING.

Cincy will be OK unless Brian Hoyer comes back out of nowhere and the Steelers drink some magical potion that turns them back to 2010 form, and they clearly have nothing to worry about with Joe Flak shining his ring in Baltimore.

Indeed. Regardless of the media fascination with it, the AFC North is mostly a joke. The Ravens and Steelers are not good, and the Browns find ways to make their good players vanish. Cincinnati is getting a homefield game in the playoffs basically by default. The Ravens may get a wildcard, but theyll have to fight the Titans, Jets, and Chargers tooth and nail for it.

Indeed. Regardless of the media fascination with it, the AFC North is mostly a joke. The Ravens and Steelers are not good, and the Browns find ways to make their good players vanish. Cincinnati is getting a homefield game in the playoffs basically by default. The Ravens may get a wildcard, but theyll have to fight the Titans, Jets, and Chargers tooth and nail for it.

I don't see Baltimore even finishing 8-8 this year. True, the Bengals get a playoff game by default. It's sad really, this was the one year the Browns had a chance to actually compete with the wounded dog in Pittsburgh begging to be put down and the Ravens giving up before the season even started.

Cincinnati has not won a playoff game since Boomer was the quarterback. Even if they get a home playoff game, that means nothing.

The defense alone has the potential to get them to and win the Superbowl.

By no stretch of the imagination am I saying they will win the SB, but any team with a D that can carry it has a shot. This is provided they get a ticket to the postseason, and the Bengals will have a ticket.

No, several teams are capable of making a run but of the ones that are looking like they will be in as of now (and obviously all we know is records as of today so there is no absolutes) you have:

Patriots

Colts

Bengals

Broncos

Chiefs

Chargers

Outside of KC the shakiest (and by shakey I mean only compared to the other QB's on the list) name on that list is Andy Dalton, now you could add Luck to that list perhaps because his throws are a bit sporadic at times no matter what his completion percentage says but Dalton will have to play some mistake free football in all likelihood to beat a Tom Brady led NE team or a Manning led Bronco team and maybe even a Phillip Rivers Charger team to advance in the playoffs. With all that said I was and still one of the people that thought Dalton had a good chance to be succeful if he landed in the right place and he did

No, several teams are capable of making a run but of the ones that are looking like they will be in as of now (and obviously all we know is records as of today so there is no absolutes) you have:

Patriots

Colts

Bengals

Broncos

Chiefs

Chargers

Outside of KC the shakiest (and by shakey I mean only compared to the other QB's on the list) name on that list is Andy Dalton, now you could add Luck to that list perhaps because his throws are a bit sporadic at times no matter what his completion percentage says but Dalton will have to play some mistake free football in all likelihood to beat a Tom Brady led NE team or a Manning led Bronco team and maybe even a Phillip Rivers Charger team to advance in the playoffs. With all that said I was and still one of the people that thought Dalton had a good chance to be succeful if he landed in the right place and he did

Brady is playig worse than every QB on that list.

Brady is playig worse than every QB on that list.

True but it would be a bit of a stretch (obviously of Flacco could do it I think Dalton can but still a stretch) to think the Pats wont get it together in time for a playoff run compared to the idea of Dalton having Joe Flacco type playoff stretch run, Thats what I mean by stepping up his game

Of course they're legit....  especially this year in the AFC where all the top teams have issues of one kind or another....

But,  that said,  they just took a huge hit with the loss for the rest of the year of their best defensive player, Geno Atkins.   He's out with a knee.

So,  their road to being the AFC North champs just got that much more difficult.   

Still,  when the regular season is done, I expect them to be the winner of that division.    What they do after that is anyone's guess.

The Bengals are still one draft away from being truly dangerous. Once they do that, and get fully healthy... game on. The Steelers are on the decline, and Cleveland is never good. Baltimore has a highly over paid qb in Flacco that will make it tough to build around him.

Speaking of laying eggs the Patriots did that against this very team. I'm trying my best to figure out what the heck JJ is trying to say once again.

I think Andy Dalton is a really good quarterback and I would love to see him succeed in the future.

but the Bengals, I just can't trust them to EVER even come close to a Super Bowl. Brown has already proved how cheap he is by keeping Marvin Lewis around for as long as he has. Since Andy Reid has been fired from Philly, he's the longest withstanding coach in the league now and what has he done? They won their division 3 or 4 times, and no wins in the playoffs. Winning the North is very impressive, but this year it's not much of a feature.

The Bengals are still one draft away from being truly dangerous. Once they do that, and get fully healthy... game on. The Steelers are on the decline, and Cleveland is never good. Baltimore has a highly over paid qb in Flacco that will make it tough to build around him.

Speaking of laying eggs the Patriots did that against this very team. I'm trying my best to figure out what the heck JJ is trying to say once again.

echo = above poster

BJGE= Ben Jarvis - he's a RB

Hope this helps you understand.