Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could this TE on the trade block help us?

chad72

Hear me out. Jordan Reed has taken the #1 TE position for the Redskins, Fred Davis does not have the receiving TE pedigree he used to have but I still think he could be used for the multiple TE looks we like to run and increase our checkdown options for Luck in this system.

Plus, every once in a while, he deceptively gets lost on a wheel route down the sidelines and manages to get open using his experience. Word is that he is on the trading block.

If we get him for a 6th or 7th rounder, would you sign him?

Hear me out. Jordan Reed has taken the #1 TE position for the Redskins, Fred Davis does not have the receiving TE pedigree he used to have but I still think he could be used for the multiple TE looks we like to run and increase our checkdown options for Luck in this system.

Plus, every once in a while, he deceptively gets lost on a wheel route down the sidelines and manages to get open using his experience. Word is that he is on the trading block.

If we get him for a 6th or 7th rounder, would you sign him?

Doesn't sound like he's on the trade block.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Is-Fred-Davis-Still-In-Redskins-Plans/a3de8b6c-86b2-4b12-9e5b-4dac2ba811c0

We need another blocking TE, If he has his head on straight and can be relied on to be on the field then Brody Eldridge is available, Release Larry Asante which would drop us to 51 players and that way we can pick up a TE-Eldridge and a WR....then we would be back at 53

Brody Eldridge? You are joking, right?

we need a run blocking TE, we dont have one thats healthy...He can also catch passes for short yards...if he stays clean.....we dont need a stud TE or a TE thats going to be a serious receiving threat

Guest TeamLoloJones

we need a run blocking TE, we dont have one thats healthy...He can also catch passes for short yards...if he stays clean.....we dont need a stud TE or a TE thats going to be a serious receiving threat

My question is why did we drop Jones in the first place?  Activating Cunningham after the bye is the only thing that makes sense to me.

We have one good TE with potential and one Jack Doyle TE, who is as bland as his name.

Dwayne Allen is great but he is not in the equation this year.

Sometimes you got to man up and play with what you have. If we go out and make a trade every time we have an injury we won't have anything left. You don't see teams like NE panicking and making trades because their star te went to jail, starting rb went down, fa #1 receiver went down, other star te was out for half the year, multiple OL issues, superstar NT is out, and pro bowl lb is out. No....all they do is say next man up and win games. No we aren't as good as NE nor do we have the depth but if we ever want to be the NE of this decade we have to develop some talent and learn to win with what we have. The Richardson trade our GM thought would make us better for the long run bringing in a 22 yr old stud* rb to help carry the load of this offense with Ballard out and Bradshaw injury issues...and it was good he did because we saw that Bradshaw couldn't hold up. That said we went into the season knowing Allen was going to likely be out but we can't just throw around picks every time a guy goes down. Perhaps losing Reggie causes TY or DHB or Brazill to step up and take it to the next level...or perhaps we don't win it all...but this team is built for the long haul and we have plenty of talent on the offense and defense. Luck has PLENTY of talent....more than RGIII, just as much as Wilson,  Kaep, or Dalton and Alex Smith....and  much more than Tom has so Andrew is going to have to tighten the belt and work with what we have. We sent our first rounder to give him help....we can't mortgage a future just go all in.....especially since we've got enough to win it all as it is.

Sure, we don't need a stud, but we also don't need the turd that is Brody Eldridge. He was supposed to be this stud run blocker and he would flash it occasionally (I stress occasionally), but more often than not he was useless and as for catching the ball, he completely useless.

Next, we'll have people calling for the return of Gijon Robinson. My goodness.

After thought - we just released Dom Jones, who is 20x the player Eldridge is. So releasing Dom and signing Brody would be about the boneheadiest of bonehead moves ever.

We have one good TE with potential and one Jack Doyle TE, who is as bland as his name.

Dwayne Allen is great but he is not in the equation this year and we need help this year.

Why waste a draft pick? Dwayne Allen still has plenty of time left in the league. If you want a TE go get Scheffler. Don't waste a draft pick that won't be starting this time next year. That's my point.

My question is why did we drop Jones in the first place?  Activating Cunningham after the bye is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Maybe Cunningham is ready, It certainly looked like it was more a technique and who to block problem then it was a physical one such as strength

If we do pick up one it would be a blocking TE. Without Allen we won't run many if not any 2 TE sets, will be in more 3 WR sets with 1 TE or a FB.

Putting your best guys on the field, I see FleenR playing in the slot more with Doyle at TE.

They need to send Reitz out for a pass a time or two just to Freak out the D. I bet Richardson would appreciate it.

They may save Cunningham on the PS awhile longer barring injury, figuring Reitz as the better blocker. :dunno: