Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Players Rewarded With Week Off

Bluefire4

I don't like it, I don't think it puts players minds in the right place plus there's work to be done. We just lost our #1 WR, we need to prepare for life after Reggie now. Theyre asking everyone to step up in the receiving corp, they need to be thoroughly prepared. Wayne will not be there to make those 3rd down plays.

I don't like it, I don't think it puts players minds in the right place plus there's work to be done. We just lost our #1 WR, we need to prepare for life after Reggie now. Theyre asking everyone to step up in the receiving corp, they need to be thoroughly prepared. Wayne will not be there to make those 3rd down plays.

I think it's going to be split 80 and 20. 80% of the guys will go and have fun, while 20% of the guys are going to be staying in town, focusing on the next game(Luck specifically).

I think it's going to be split 80 and 20. 80% of the guys will go and have fun, while 20% of the guys are going to be staying in town, focusing on the next game(Luck specifically).

I don't even see the point, any player that gives 2 cents is going to be thinking about football half the time anyway. Why not just keep vacations in the offseason?-_-

Is it common place with the Colts? I always thought the Peyton Era Colts were working to get better during the bye but also give rest to injured players.

Peyton is a different story. I doubt he ever left the colts complex during the bye. My guess is Andrew won't either

My guess is there will be a certain QB throwing to receivers this week.  Who will show up?  Wheo will impress?  Who will show the willingness to be the next man up?

Just my unedumacated opinion.   :)

i really hope if its any 1 of them its brazill.

Andrew doesn't strike me as an workaholic like Peyton. I may be wrong but my sense is Luck likes to have his free time and do other things, not just spend time in front of a play review screen. He probably thinks he can compartmentalize everything.

I think it is good that they got 1 week off especially giving Wayne's injury. In the meantime the coaches can think about the contingency plan and when the players come back in they can all start fresh.

Andrew doesn't strike me as an workaholic like Peyton. I may be wrong but my sense is Luck likes to have his free time and do other things, not just spend time in front of a play review screen. He probably thinks he can compartmentalize everything.

I think it is good that they got 1 week off especially giving Wayne's injury. In the meantime the coaches can think about the contingency plan and when the players come back in they can all start fresh.

what are you being that thought on?

I think the same thing, & this may not ultimately be a bad thing, as I've heard some analysts say that Luck plays a little looser, than Peyton, which can ultimately be a good thing, especially in the clutch...

but being a professional, I do expect that Luck would be working with receivers now with Wayne being out...

Luck does strike me as a workaholic, he's not the control freak that PM was though.

what are you being that thought on?

Just a subjective impression obviously, I don't know Andrew personally. I got it from listening to him, his teammates. I remember his friend Coby Fleener saying something in that regard. Besides, if had Peyton habits be sure you would have heard it from coaches, media, etc. 

Just a subjective impression obviously, I don't know Andrew personally. I got it from listening to him, his teammates. I remember his friend Coby Fleener saying something in that regard. Besides, if had Peyton habits be sure you would have heard it from coaches, media, etc.

Reggie and cc have both said he has a lot of peytons traits

I've heard some analysts say that Luck plays a little looser, than Peyton, which can ultimately be a good thing, especially in the clutch...

Exactly, I think he is trying to be relaxed and focused at the same time, if that makes sense. 

I know somebody on this forum asked the question if Andrew studies snapshots of the defense between the offensive series like Peyton. Maybe he does but when I went to Qualcomm stadium to watch Colts- Chargers I spent some time watching to see if he does that. Every time I looked I did not see him doing that by himself, only a couple of time with Pep Hamilton  and Matt Hasselbeck. I did see him more often trying to get loose on the sidelines by throwing to Fleener or Hasselbeck.

What I remember them saying were words like "work ethic", "command in the huddle", etc.

I also remember the stories from immediately  after the draft when Christensen or Arians (or both) said that they gave Andrew a certain group of plays on the iPad and he called them back shortly after that saying he was done and asking for more. The idea of that was that he's got good photographic memory. It is possible that he is very intelligent and he does not need to put as much time as Peyton. I am not saying that Peyton is not intelligent, we all know that. It is just that Andrew may have different ways of achieving the same goal, different learning curves.       

I think the same thing, & this may not ultimately be a bad thing, as I've heard some analysts say that Luck plays a little looser, than Peyton, which can ultimately be a good thing, especially in the clutch...

but being a professional, I do expect that Luck would be working with receivers now with Wayne being out...

I agree this may not be a bad thing as long as everyone stays out of trouble...on the other hand TY wont be one of the receivers Luck may be throwing to based on he said himself he will be going to Miami..and of course if Luck stayed behind himself anyways.