Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calling it now! Grigson will swing a trade for WR...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Browns drafted Gordon in the 2nd their gonna want at least a 1st round pick or a couple of 2nd's and a starter. We don't have enough to get him the Patriots are the team that is most likely to get him. They have Mallet who Lombardi likes and the picks to get him.

The browns would never get a first rounder for him.

Guest TeamLoloJones

trade deadline is in 8 days. No time to for the coahes/FO to reevaluate. Either make a move now, oe be stuck with DHB as your #1 receiver.

Man twitter is lighting up over Josh Gordon.  Pats, Jets, and 49ers fans all want him bad!!!

A 2nd rd. pick for Steve Smith.??????????? Good God, that would incredibly stupid!

ROTFLMAO.JPG

Yes, but it would be fantastic to see Steve Smith punch Janoris Jenkins in the mouth when the rams come to the Drum. Jenkins living up to his rep.

There is just no point in a trade considering the low amount of picks (high picks) that the Colts have.

A semi-big signing is possible and more likely than a trade. By semi big, I mean like a Laurent Robinson-type player.

There is a reason these guys are not on a team, just saying.

Why did we draft Khaled Holmes?  To play running back?  

A lot of people had him as our starter after we drafted him....6'3 319......nowhere to be found... :)

Also, I do not think Satele can go on the PS....

First.....  he was hurt for most of the off-season and not 100% at the start of the seasn....

Second....  plenty of rookies don't do much their rookie year....    that's the problem with rookies....    we've all been spoiled because so many of the Colts from last year's draft have paid off.....

Don't rule out Holmes just yet....    more than half the season still to go....   and I'm still hopeful that he'll make an impact this year....

Just my two cents..... (and it may not be worth that much!)

I'm not entirely convinced we'll trade for a WR.

We're light on picks in the draft as it is, and anyone available for a trade doesn't seem worth it.

I'm convinced that Grigson et al. have a long term plan that will build a team with a realistic, solid, chance of winning the Super Bowl in a few years. Hopefully several Super Bowls. Using up picks for short-term gains with little long term future is not the way to go about building a team for the future, and I'm pretty sure Grigson et al knows this very well.

We're light on picks in the draft as it is, and anyone available for a trade doesn't seem worth it.

I'm convinced that Grigson et al. have a long term plan that will build a team with a realistic, solid, chance of winning the Super Bowl in a few years. Hopefully several Super Bowls. Using up picks for short-term gains with little long term future is not the way to go about building a team for the future, and I'm pretty sure Grigson et al knows this very well.

I think they want to win a Super Bowl this year and they know its possible if they play their cards right. They want to try to win a Super Bowl or a couple before Luck gets big money.

Depends on who they would trade for. If it's someone like Gordon, who is only 22 yrs old, that is not a short term gain, that's a building block. Not that it will happen, but given the colts salary cap situation, Gordon would be the only realistic trade option.

Depends on who they would trade for. If it's someone like Gordon, who is only 22 yrs old, that is not a short term gain, that's a building block. Not that it will happen, but given the colts salary cap situation, Gordon would be the only realistic trade option.

Let's say Colts did get Gordon... they would have Luck, Hilton, Richardson, Fleener, Allen, Gordon, and Ballard ALL becoming UFA at the same time and would have to probably let at least 2 of them walk (one of the RBs and one of the TEs, and maybe one of the WR).  Actually, Luck might have an additional year on his rookie contract, but there will be tough decisions when these rookie contracts start running out.

I kind of like the idea of Nicks for a 5th or lower as a rental for this year -- but not anything higher.  Then Reggie gets his spot back next year (hopefully) and we draft a 2nd round receiver.   I also think shipp's suggestion of Smith is interesting as he could still be highly productive for a couple more years (if there's a chance Reggie won't return at all).    I heard an interview with Steve Smith the other day where the reported suggested that the Panther's owner/GM might consider trading Smith to a contender out of respect for Smith -- giving him a shot for a SB.  I think this was pure hypothetical by the reporter and Smith said he had no interest in leaving Carolina.

Let's say Colts did get Gordon... they would have Luck, Hilton, Richardson, Fleener, Allen, Gordon, and Ballard ALL becoming UFA at the same time and would have to probably let at least 2 of them walk (one of the RBs and one of the TEs, and maybe one of the WR). Actually, Luck might have an additional year on his rookie contract, but there will be tough decisions when these rookie contracts start running out.

I kind of like the idea of Nicks for a 5th or lower as a rental for this year -- but not anything higher. Then Reggie gets his spot back next year (hopefully) and we draft a 2nd round receiver. I also think shipp's suggestion of Smith is interesting as he could still be highly productive for a couple more years (if there's a chance Reggie won't return at all). I heard an interview with Steve Smith the other day where the reported suggested that the Panther's owner/GM might consider trading Smith to a contender out of respect for Smith -- giving him a shot for a SB. I think this was pure hypothetical by the reporter and Smith said he had no interest in leaving Carolina.

Nicks for a 5th is impossible. The Giants get a 3rd if he becomes a FA.

I just can't see us crippling ourselves in the 2014 draft. Already down a 1st round pick, giving up a 2nd or 3rd seems dangerous, in respect to Gordon. As Ponyboy said above, we'd be lining up too many key parts for a fall in just 1 year and be left with a fast shrinking cap and a hobbled draft selection. 

I am really interested to see what Grigson does.

I doubt Steve Smith gets traded to us, i think the panthers will be pushing for the playoffs season end with the defence they have. Smith is needed on offence for them. 

I don't see us trading for Steve Smith, but I don't think the reason will be because of Carolina's play off aspirations ... They are likely towards the bottom of a mediocre group of 6 or so teams in the NFC fighting for the last wild card spot.

I think we should pull the trigger on Josh Gordon if the price is right. Do any of you really want to say: Lets go get a receiver in the draft, and forget that we are leading the division? We can make a deep playoff push this year! Imagine Gordon in the lineup this year, then tell me you'd rather see us wait until the draft.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think we should pull the trigger on Josh Gordon if the price is right. Do any of you really want to say: Lets go get a receiver in the draft, and forget that we are leading the division? We can make a deep playoff push this year! Imagine Gordon in the lineup this year, then tell me you'd rather see us wait until the draft.

I don't think very many people would not want Gordon on this team if not for the possibility of suspension...that said, I still want him.

I don't think very many people would not want Gordon on this team if not for the possibility of suspension...that said, I still want him.

That's my turnoff on him.  

But I just don't think we're going to get him.  Browns probably decided that if the get Manziel they need someone for him to throw to.  

First.....  he was hurt for most of the off-season and not 100% at the start of the seasn....

Second....  plenty of rookies don't do much their rookie year....    that's the problem with rookies....    we've all been spoiled because so many of the Colts from last year's draft have paid off.....

Don't rule out Holmes just yet....    more than half the season still to go....   and I'm still hopeful that he'll make an impact this year....

Just my two cents..... (and it may not be worth that much!)

Where ya been?

I was just really responding to Gavin on there was a need for another center...we have Holmes on the active roster.

Injuries happen (See Thornton at LG) and if needed they will indeed call upon Holmes.  No argument here at all :)

Where ya been?

I was just really responding to Gavin on there was a need for another center...we have Holmes on the active roster.

Injuries happen (See Thornton at LG) and if needed they will indeed call upon Holmes.  No argument here at all :)

I finally come back after a long hiatus and there is no NCF??? Not the same on here without NCF....

Where ya been?

Hey, Brent.....

Sorry.....   my post was intended for the broader Colt's nation,  not just you....   I know you know what's going on.....

As for me?     A new job is taking most of my time and the few extra minutes I have, many of them are going to Stanford....  I'm actually working their home games this year...   (except for Oregon...)    

So,  I'm often driving home and listening to the Colts games on the radio....   and since I'm not seeing them, I'm not sure I want to post too much....   I've seen a fair amount....  but have still missed a fair amount too...

I'm enjoying that the Colts are -- once again -- playing hard and reasonably smart.    Can't ask for much more.   Still,  I'd like to see better play calling....   that's my offensive worry....     and I hope we can do a better job against the run.   I read this week that we're something like 26th against the run.    Not good enough for a Chuck Pagano team.   Gotta do better there....     if we can do that,  that'll make rushing the passer even easier....

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the year!     5-2 at the bye....    I predicted 4-3, so you know I'm happy!

Just wish we hadn't lost Reggie........     Damn.....      :thmdown:

I'm not even sure if this is possible but Justin Blackmon and Maurice Jones-Drew for the Colts 2nd, 3rd, Kavell Conner and a 2015 4th rounder. It gives the Jaguars picks to rebuild with while giving them a clean slate with a drafted receiver as well as receive some sort of compensation for Jones-Drew. The Colts receive a talented, young receiver to grow with Luck as well as another viable running back for the remainder of this season and then get Vick Ballard back next year.

Hey, Brent.....

Sorry.....   my post was intended for the broader Colt's nation,  not just you....   I know you know what's going on.....

As for me?     A new job is taking most of my time and the few extra minutes I have, many of them are going to Stanford....  I'm actually working their home games this year...   (except for Oregon...)    

So,  I'm often driving home and listening to the Colts games on the radio....   and since I'm not seeing them, I'm not sure I want to post too much....   I've seen a fair amount....  but have still missed a fair amount too...

I'm enjoying that the Colts are -- once again -- playing hard and reasonably smart.    Can't ask for much more.   Still,  I'd like to see better play calling....   that's my offensive worry....     and I hope we can do a better job against the run.   I read this week that we're something like 26th against the run.    Not good enough for a Chuck Pagano team.   Gotta do better there....     if we can do that,  that'll make rushing the passer even easier....

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the year!     5-2 at the bye....    I predicted 4-3, so you know I'm happy!

Just wish we hadn't lost Reggie........     Damn.....      :thmdown:

Sounds like a fun job?  Glad to see you back....when time permits.

Sometimes we look good against the run...sometimes we don't....(Almond Joy?)  :)

Almond-Joy3.jpg

I'm not even sure if this is possible but Justin Blackmon and Maurice Jones-Drew for the Colts 2nd, 3rd, Kavell Conner and a 2015 4th rounder. It gives the Jaguars picks to rebuild with while giving them a clean slate with a drafted receiver as well as receive some sort of compensation for Jones-Drew. The Colts receive a talented, young receiver to grow with Luck as well as another viable running back for the remainder of this season and then get Vick Ballard back next year.

I don't see the point of trading for an aging MJD. The Colts couldn't afford it with their salary cap situation anyway.