Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calling it now! Grigson will swing a trade for WR...

Guest TeamLoloJones

I've got no problem with Steve Smith and sure he would help to improve the team.  That wasn't the point.  The point was that I don't see Grigson sending a valuable draft pick for a 34 year old WR.  Grigson has made 2 splashy trades, sending a 2nd for Davis and a 1st for Richardson.  Both players are still young enough to be a part of the rebuilding for the long term.  They are not stop gap players.  Smith would be a stop gap player.  

Yeah...part of the point of trading for a guy like Gordon is that we need to replace Reggie for the long term regardless of his injury.  So it would make no sense to trade for a guy we won't have for at least 6-7 years.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got no problem with Steve Smith and sure he would help to improve the team.  That wasn't the point.  The point was that I don't see Grigson sending a valuable draft pick for a 34 year old WR.  Grigson has made 2 splashy trades, sending a 2nd for Davis and a 1st for Richardson.  Both players are still young enough to be a part of the rebuilding for the long term.  They are not stop gap players.  Smith would be a stop gap player.  

depends what they r asking, but if we give our 2nd this year which is more like a 3rd I won't be too upset....2015 is the draft we need to keep cause salary cap will be more of an issue then...Our free agency can be our draft next year same difference really as long as we target YOUNG  players...

Guest TeamLoloJones

depends what they r asking, but if we give our 2nd this year which is more like a 3rd I won't be too upset....2015 is the draft we need to keep cause salary cap will be more of an issue then...Our free agency can be our draft next year same difference really as long as we target YOUNG  players...

Our 2nd round pick for Steve Smith?  Thats horrible...

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yeah...a Super Bowl would be horrible...2nd round picks are still hit and miss see Ben Iljiana..

Smith is like 6 months younger than Reggie...that would be a moronic trade.

Smith is like 6 months younger than Reggie...that would be a moronic trade.

A healthy motivated trade would be moronic....call me a * then...Lots of receivers picked in the first round never pan out and trading a glorified 3rd for an all time tough and still gifted receiver to fill Wayne's shoes is moronic???

Yeah...a Super Bowl would be horrible...2nd round picks are still hit and miss see Ben Iljiana..

I don't see Grigson giving up a 2nd round pick for a 34 year old player no matter who it is.  And even if he did, bringing in Steve Smith in no way guarantees a SB.

I don't see Grigson giving up a 2nd round pick for a 34 year old player no matter who it is.  And even if he did, bringing in Steve Smith in no way guarantees a SB.

No guarantee , but it significantly improves our chances...just my opinion though..Gordon and Nicks would do the same now and in the future more than a late second will most likely..I just think Smith would have the biggest impact next 2 years...It depends on how you look at it, Smith would mean win now at all costs...

I agree with jshipp about FA being our draft if we make a trade cause the team when playing at full potential doesn't have many holes we need a MLB to pair with Freeman and Oline help and a WR so trade for WR and sign Mack and spikes

And I've got no problem with any of that.  But I don't see Grigson sending out a 2nd round pick for a 34 year old player.

Guest TeamLoloJones

A healthy motivated trade would be moronic....call me a > then...Lots of receivers picked in the first round never pan out and trading a glorified 3rd for an all time tough and still gifted receiver to fill Wayne's shoes is moronic???

You don't get Grigson's approach do you...he's giving up draft picks for young guys that are still on there first NFL contracts in Davis & Richardson.  They will grow into franchise players.  Davis already has.  You don't give up draft picks for a 34 year old receiver. Period.  Steve Smith is not Jerry Rice.  We couldn't afford Smith's cap hit anyway.

the point is adding smith to our team doesnt make our team any better than it was when wayne was here. why trade away a 2nd for him?

So a second round pick who isn't proven and may bust is better than a proven player who is hungry with a major chip on his shoulder??? Depends how you look at it I guess..I think with the right guy we can win now and we could win now regardless, but a Smith, Gordon, or Nicks will help our chances more than a late, late 2nd round pick...

Guest TeamLoloJones

would be one of the worst trades grigson ever made

You really have no clue who Josh Gordon is do you...go watch some tape and come back.

This is pure speculation on my part so no need to lock thread or snide comments from those who love to do that, but I believe we will make a trade for WR this week....The obvious suspects include Josh Gordon of Cleveland and Hakeem Nicks of NY Giants..I believe we are the team with a standing offer to Cleveland for Gordon and it is a 2nd next year or 2015 and LaVon Brazill....Nicks can be had for a late round pick especially considering the Giants salary cap problems and no way to resign him and he is the most likely candidate....I would not be surprised if either happens, but 1 name I'll give you is Steve Smith of Carolina though...His cap hit is about 6 million next year, and we may have to include a player with a draft pick to stay under the cap but it's just intuition on my part.....Carolina is gonna go into rebuild mode and fire Rivera and we have the cap space next few years to accommodate his contract and I have a feeling Grigson is all in this year considering the TRich trade and  he won't sit on his laurels..I think he wants to replace a Vet with a vet considering the youth of this offense already and there is no 1 hungrier and more ready to have his shot than Smith and he will add that edge and toughness to the offense that wins in playoff time....Any of these 3 could be the difference in the end and I'd be happy with any, and the fans' need to have patience which they have lacked in the Richardson trade as it will take time for them to acclimate and learn the offense, but the dividends could be huge come playoff time...As much as I love Reggie and hope he can get back, the fact he tore his MCL on top of the ACL gives me doubt he can ever get back to the level we r accustomed to at his advanced age and I think Grigson knows this too...We may have witnessed Wayne's last game, and if it was at least he contributed to the defeat of Peyton.....

I'll pass on Smith.

A 2nd rd. pick for Steve Smith.??????????? Good God, that would incredibly stupid!

ROTFLMAO.JPG

So I guess it's safe to say you wouldn't be at the Super Bowl party??? It's more of a win now or if we aren't ready the future conversation...I think we can win now personally, but wouldn't be upset with Gordon or Nicks as I think we can still win now with them, but with Smith "right now", I really like our chances...

Just don't think with Brazill or Rodgers who must not be ready we are prepared in the tough moments..just my opinion...That is what forums are for though...I really believe we can do it now with the right move..Necessitated by Wayne's injury of course..

Cleveland's going to stand there laughing at us. They got a first round pick for Richardson. They'll get another high-round pick for Gordon.

Cleveland will never ever be in the conversation for anything so if they are laughing it's at themselves for being inept..

Cleveland's going to stand there laughing at us. They got a first round pick for Richardson. They'll get another high-round pick for Gordon.

The 1st rounder for a running back should have never happened anyway, I think he will get better but that still dont change the fact that he is a rb and one that seeks out contact

There is just no point in a trade considering the low amount of picks (high picks) that the Colts have.

A semi-big signing is possible and more likely than a trade. By semi big, I mean like a Laurent Robinson-type player.

This post makes no sense Gordon is a beast even with Brandon "I Suck" Weedon and Trent will be a monster once we fix the crapshoot we call an interior line

This post makes no sense Gordon is a beast even with Brandon "I Suck" Weedon and Trent will be a monster once we fix the crapshoot we call an interior line

Basically what I'm saying is they'll get two high-round picks. Two teams have already offered a high round pick + player for Gordon. We'd have to offer something crazy to get him.

Guest TeamLoloJones

haha....twitter is blowing up right now because a fake Adam Schefter account said the Patriots got Josh Gordon...the Pats fans are LOVING IT!!!