Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew-Peyton funny post-game cartoon

NWGirl227

Guest TeamLoloJones

That picture is inaccurate, Luck doesn't gloat, and Peyton is in the film room right now not feeling sorry for himself.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 22, 2013 - spelling argument
Hidden by Nadine, October 22, 2013 - spelling argument

My sentiments exactly ruksak. A dunce cap on Peyton Manning is so disrespectful. The student schooled the master? Please...Indy only won by 6 points not 25 okay. Let's not get carried away here. Thank you. 

Yep. It was about as finny as a rubber critch.

insulting

That picture is inaccurate, Luck doesn't gloat, and Peyton is in the film room right now not feeling sorry for himself.

My sentiments exactly ruksak. A dunce cap on Peyton Manning is so disrespectful. The student schooled the master? Please...Indy only won by 6 points not 25 okay. Let's not get carried away here. Thank you. 

She's a Stanford student. Perhaps not all that concerned with what's insulting to Peyton. ;)

or spelling,i didn't find it that finny.

At 1st, I thought that since Andrew Luck spend his formative in Germany, it might have been an official translation, but no witzig means funny in German. 

You mean ribber

Dangit......I'm slipping. 

Good catch. Back to humor school with me. ......I mean himor school, sorry. Himor school. With an "I" where the "U" should be. 

*spent 

if you're gonna be a grammar/spelling nazi, at least spell check your stupid posts..

A Seinfeld Book Nazi reference how quaint...Or should I say Soup Nazi reference is that accurate enough for you? 

*spent 

if you're gonna be a grammar/spelling nazi, at least spell check your stupid posts..

Actually he wasn't doing anything of the kind, he was just trying to be funny. You on the other hand are being personally insulting.

Frankly the comments here are far more amusing than the cartoon. What are you getting your back up about?

As someone once said..............

jeez, lighten up people..

Dangit......I'm slipping. 

Good catch. Back to humor school with me. ......I mean himor school, sorry. Himor school. With an "I" where the "U" should be. 

Well if you were going to keep the word rubber as in "Yep. It was about as finny as a rubber critch."  --ruksak

You could use an umlaunt or a 2 dots ( ¨ ) used over a vowel, typically written in either German or Hungarian languages, to indicate a different vowel quality. I don't know how to do that on my computer screen text though.

Similar to this image below: [Just trying to make Andrew feel reconnected with his European, childhood roots I guess. Just Kidding!] 

koestritzer-blech.jpg

*spent 

The last person to question SW1's spelling hasn't been seen for months. He is a silent assassin, often slipping into your home unnoticed and masquerading as a common house cat. Meow. 

Actually he wasn't doing anything of the kind, he was just trying to be funny. You on the other hand are being personally insulting.

Frankly the comments here are far more amusing than the cartoon. What are you getting your back up about?

As someone once said..............

i was getting my back up about others getting their backs up about how "insulting", "inaccurate", "disrespectful" this cartoon was.. therefore the "lighten up" comment 

but making fun of op's obvious typo (funny - finny), a real pinnacle of amusement..

now that i've explained my overreaction, i excuse myself for personal attack on sw1, as he likes to call himself.. 

sorry..

To be fair, spelling and grammar do count in Netiquette, and it is advised is to proof read or spell check.  OTOH, smartphones and twitter are eroding some netiquette core values.  I guess that is why it appears that spelling errors where the correct letter is right next to it on the keyboard should get a pass; as this one does (in my book). Any fat fingered folks like me that have tried typing on their virtual keyboard on a tiny phone screen gets this. :)

It used to be you wouldn't condemn someone for spell/grammar because the misspelling(s) or word application (IE: the use of you're and your) would already reflect on  the credibility of the poster and not need any additional illumination.  Once again, the limitations of twitter are allowing some to believe that no longer holds, but it does.  But the final thing that is sometimes tough to remember, we're all human and make mistakes and we need to lean toward the forgiveness side.  In the end, it should be the points and ideas being discussed, and not how they were presented. :)

/rant off

The score doesn't tell the story.

If Davis doesn't go out for 1 play DT never scores. If Butler didn;t go out for a while Welker never gets those key big plays.

The Broncos were extremely lucky to lose by only 6.

The score doesn't tell the story.

If Davis doesn't go out for 1 play DT never scores. If Butler didn;t go out for a while Welker never gets those key big plays.

True.. and if luck threw a better pass, indy scores, game over, reggie doesn't get hurt :( i just can't get that unfortunate play out of my mind...

We were lucky Hillman fumbled. What was I thinking just before that fumble? "I've seen this movie before."

Peyton was going to snap our necks. You know it. I know it. Everyone in that stadium knew it. Fox goofed by putting in a known butterfingered back during a classic Peyton led maelstrom. 

We stood tall against a known Super Bowl contender. ....again. But we're lucky that things were taken out of Peyton's hands. We may not be so lucky if we meet them again. 

I wouldn't go so far as to say its' disrespectful, especially since, as I understand it, she's a Luck fan, and not a Colts fan (or at least as long as Peyton had been a Colt).  So while you don't have to find it funny, understand, not everyone feels the same way about Peyton as the rest of us.  And besides, it's not like we don't criticize our own players any less than the OPs comic did.

We were lucky Hillman fumbled. What was I thinking just before that fumble? "I've seen this movie before."

Peyton was going to snap our necks. You know it. I know it. Everyone in that stadium knew it. Fox goofed by putting in a known butterfingered back during a classic Peyton led maelstrom. 

We stood tall against a known Super Bowl contender. ....again. But we're lucky that things were taken out of Peyton's hands. We may not be so lucky if we meet them again. 

I had heard that Peyton audibled to the Hillman run.

The cartoon was great satire and not disrespectful in the least. I think it pretty much sums up the night in which everyone on the planet thought Manning would school the Colts/Luck.

I think it's very easy to understand why some find this cartoon insulting.

First, Luck didn't school Peyton and I think he would be the first to say that.

It was a team win.  The Colts beat the Broncos.

I'll never understand why some can reduce what I view as the ultimate team sport down to two players who are never on the field at the same time. 

And, yes, no one would be offended if this were a depiction of Brady and Manning except for, perhaps, Patriot fans.

However, Brady never wore a Colt's uniform. 

And, I sure never cried tears of joy when Brady hoisted that Lombardi. 

So, for those who loved Peyton and lived through the ups and downs of his career as a Colt; it's very easy to understand those who take offense. 

True.. and if luck threw a better pass, indy scores, game over, reggie doesn't get hurt :( i just can't get that unfortunate play out of my mind...

Luck was trying to avoid a sack, can't blame him for the bad throw. He had dlinemen in his face within about 2 seconds of the snap

Peyton has been in the NFL many years and has thus earned great respect. Peyton was Andrew's hero and I am sure he would find that cartoon more than a bit offending.

If that's the case I hope Andrew never ventures out into the real world. There are actually offensive things out there.