Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

polian's response to irsay.

Stephen

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, this is just the tip I feel for the buildup. I'd suggest not reading/listening to anything by Skip if Peyton beats us. Though I'd not be adverse to a Irsay vs Bayless Twitter off for the car crash comedy value. 

bill-polian-jim-irsay-should-be-grateful-for-super-bowl-ring bunch of drama lol.

Irsay was just speaking in general. Polian and Bayless both try to make something out of nothing. Both of those guys are media hounds now and are always looking for an angle to start talking about. Bayless has always had nothing but negativity to the Colts and Irsay. Polian 's comment was he didn't know what to think of Irsay's comments. Not really a story here for me as I don't watch or listen to either of them.

Thanks, this is just the tip I feel for the buildup. I'd suggest not reading/listening to anything by Skip if Peyton beats us. Though I'd not be adverse to a Irsay vs Bayless Twitter off for the car crash comedy value. 

My feeling about all this mess is that media is stirring the pot mostly. Irsay explained he changed the mindset about the team. He doesn't want his franchise QB winnig games (SBs) alone, he wants a complete team, where different sections (O, D, ST) are supporting eachother. Polian took it as a personal shot and some guys try to explain it as a cheap shot to Peyton, however there were no shots to anyone.

Irsay was just speaking in general. Polian and Bayless both try to make something out of nothing. Both of those guys are media hounds now and are always looking for an angle to start talking about. Bayless has always had nothing but negativity to the Colts and Irsay. Polian 's comment was he didn't know what to think of Irsay's comments. Not really a story here for me as I don't watch or listen to either of them.

this (Irsay) has created an unnecessary firestorm.  why do it?  this won't be just a little blemish on Jim's reputation or how people perceive him, it's a pock mark. sorry, it just is, as much as I hate to say it.

this (Irsay) has created an unnecessary firestorm.  why do it?  this won't be just a little blemish on Jim's reputation or how people perceive him, it's a pock mark. sorry, it just is, as much as I hate to say it.

So you are falling into the media circus as well? None of this means anything. I am beginning to think you are related to Skip Bayless? :dunno:  :spit:  :popcorn:

So you are falling into the media circus as well? None of this means anything. I am beginning to think you are related to Skip Bayless? :dunno:  :spit:  :popcorn:

who created the media circus?  and Bayless? he can take his Hair-Club for men hair-do and hide under the table when Stephen A. Smith wails on him each and every day.

Polian is a clown. The notion that he's clueless to the fact that winning Super Bowls is the priority is completely discrediting. He knows EXACTLY what Irsay means and he knows it is EXACTLY why he was fired. 11 playoff appearances and 7 first round exits speaks for itself.

Uunacceptable..ESPECIALLY when you're the guy laying out the cash.

Polian is a clown. The notion that he's clueless to the fact that winning Super Bowls is the priority is completely discrediting. He knows EXACTLY what Irsay means and he knows it is EXACTLY why he was fired. 11 playoff appearances and 7 first round exits speaks for itself.

Uunacceptable..ESPECIALLY when you're the guy laying out the cash.

Agreed!

I agree with Irsay, having only one title with Manning was kinda horsesh#*   Manning should have no doubt multiple titles.

I agree with Irsay as well. The Colts should have won more rings while Manning was a Colt. That said, Irsay needs to wise up to the fact that his comments are becoming bulletin board material for other teams and think about what he says in interviews and delete his Twitter account. He just posts/says what he does without thinking of the potential consequences to the team it would seem.

I agree with Irsay as well. The Colts should have won more rings while Manning was a Colt. That said, Irsay needs to wise up to the fact that his comments are becoming bulletin board material for other teams and think about what he says in interviews and delete his Twitter account. He just posts/says what he does without thinking of the potential consequences to the team it would seem.

They probably won't substitute for Manning now due to the comments, in the 4th quarter, which means Irsay just slapped another 14 more points on our loss. Thanks Jim, we are going to get thrashed.

did polian make personnel mistakes, sure. did coaches make mistakes, sure. did the colts top players (including manning)not perform at their best, sure. did irsay want to resign his players to over priced contracts that hurt the colts with the cap, sure. nothing good comes from pointing fingers at other people. i have said before irsay need to stop the tweeter nonsense.

They probably won't substitute for Manning now due to the comments, in the 4th quarter, which means Irsay just slapped another 14 more points on our loss. Thanks Jim, we are going to get thrashed.

When exactly did Peyton Manning become Jesus? You guys act like he hasn't lost before. How many times has the media called him a choker, and we as colts fans were all like "Oh you poked the Bear! Peyton is going to take his vitamins and say his prayers and run wild on (instert team name here)" only to see him Choke and lose to an inferior opponent.

Has anyone stopped for a minute and thought "Wow all the talk on the media is about how Peyton is going to light up the Colts and how the Colts don't have a prayer now. I bet The Indianapolis Colts are sick of that crap and are going to hit Peyton is mouth, and Luck is going to show the world the Jim Irsay was right in his justification for releasing Peyton."

The boys in Denver are human, the can bleed and they can get hurt.

How do we know it wasn't taken out of Context to start drama, we all know News reporters haven't done that before....

It was and it was a massive reach

But people hear what they want to hear.......and the media just does what gets people going

When exactly did Peyton Manning become Jesus? You guys act like he hasn't lost before. How many times has the media called him a choker, and we as colts fans were all like "Oh you poked the Bear! Peyton is going to take his vitamins and say his prayers and run wild on (instert team name here)" only to see him Choke and lose to an inferior opponent.

Has anyone stopped for a minute and thought "Wow all the talk on the media is about how Peyton is going to light up the Colts and how the Colts don't have a prayer now. I bet The Indianapolis Colts are sick of that crap and are going to hit Peyton is mouth, and Luck is going to show the world the Jim Irsay was right in his justification for releasing Peyton."

The boys in Denver are human, the can bleed and they can get hurt.

Manning is not Jesus. Just a first ballot hall of famer that put Indy on the map, led us to a Super Bowl and many, many playoff wins. So you feel that we will beat Denver? Wow, .... Did you see the Chargers game? We are going to get rocked and Irsay just threw A1 Jet Fuel and lit a match on an otherwise great upcoming night for Peyton Manning AND the Colts, now, instead of that, it is a joke because our Owner decides to make ridiculous comments, make Peyton's comments public, and generally confirm for a lot of people (not me) that he is a jerk. I loved the fact that Irsay tweets, just loved it.....now I see what everyone is saying..... even though this was not a tweet, it was a USA Today interview..... Irsay has not apologized for his comments, shame on him and shame on putting Peyton Manning down and breaching his trust. I am a Colts fan inside and out, but I am appalled by these comments. The negative reaction toward him is at an all-time high. I have never seen anything like it.

It was and it was a massive reach

But people hear what they want to hear.......and the media just does what gets people going

That does happen but Jim's comments were very pointed. He is also a smart owner not a clueless player. I think he is trying to still justify Manning's release given how well Manning is playing. For some reason he still feels the need to even though going with Luck was the right choice long term. I also think he micro manages his GM and coaches for the same reason and then tweets about it.

That does happen but Jim's comments were very pointed. He is also a smart owner not a clueless player. I think he is trying to still justify Manning's release given how well Manning is playing. For some reason he still feels the need to even though going with Luck was the right choice long term. I also think he micro manages his GM and coaches for the same reason and then tweets about it.

You just made my point

You just made my point

Manning is not Jesus. Just a first ballot hall of famer that put Indy on the map, led us to a Super Bowl and many, many playoff wins. So you feel that we will beat Denver? Wow, .... Did you see the Chargers game? We are going to get rocked and Irsay just threw A1 Jet Fuel and lit a match on an otherwise great upcoming night for Peyton Manning AND the Colts, now, instead of that, it is a joke because our Owner decides to make ridiculous comments, make Peyton's comments public, and generally confirm for a lot of people (not me) that he is a jerk. I loved the fact that Irsay tweets, just loved it.....now I see what everyone is saying..... even though this was not a tweet, it was a USA Today interview..... Irsay has not apologized for his comments, shame on him and shame on putting Peyton Manning down and breaching his trust. I am a Colts fan inside and out, but I am appalled by these comments. The negative reaction toward him is at an all-time high. I have never seen anything like it.

Did you see the Jags game, or the Cowboys game? We will be fine. Grow thicker skin, the real world gets a lot worse than that. Lets not act like what Irsay sad was a lie. It wasn't, if I were in a position with the media to comment on National TV I would fully back the what Irsay said.

people hear what they want to hear

I dunno know on this one. Jim was pretty crystal clear that he was blaming Manning and by extension Polian and Dungy for not winning more than one ring in 11 years. Like I said, this is stuff we talk about up here. But never would I have thought we would have heard it from an owner who drafted Manning and just a few days ago said he woul do a tribute to him. Man, is that tribute going to be awkward now ...

I did? I though you were saying the media took Jim's comments out of context? I was saying that they didn't and Jim knew what he was saying and the reaction it would have.

You made her point because you came here to start trouble because you knew people would be sensitive to this subject this week, and you misconstrued the words to fuel the rationel behind your ludicris interpretation. If I didn't do my job well when it mattered the most and my boss called me on it, I would be like "Yeah I dropped the ball."

There's no need for him to apologize. What exactly did Irsay say wrong? He prefers championships > stats. Just like 31 other owners. The media is spinning this into a Peyton vs. Irsay thing and you're falling for it. Hook n' sinker.

There's no need for him to apologize. What exactly did Irsay say wrong? He prefers championships > stats. Just like 31 other owners. The media is spinning this into a Peyton vs. Irsay thing and you're falling for it. Hook n' sinker.

At least the Patriots fan gets it.

You made her point because you came here to start trouble because you knew people would be sensitive to this subject this week, and you misconstrued the words to fuel the rationel behind your ludicris interpretation. If I didn't do my job well when it mattered the most and my boss called me on it, I would be like "Yeah I dropped the ball."

It is a forum. Expect rival fans to call your owner on something as outlandish as this. It is the top story of the day all over the sports media.

What is stunning is that fans are defending him.

He should apologize to Manning for making Manning's comments public..... he did it for selfish reasons so that people will accept his decision on letting Manning walk. Irsay is tactless with his comments and you have to know that.

It is a forum. Expect rival fans to call your owner on something as outlandish as this. It is the top story of the day all over the sports media.

What is stunning is that fans are defending him.

Why wouldn't we? He said nothing wrong, and he told the truth.

He should apologize to Manning for making Manning's comments public..... he did it for selfish reasons so that people will accept his decision on letting Manning walk. Irsay is tactless with his comments and you have to know that.

Where exactly is the tact in your comments?